DVDVR Message Board

NXT Worlds Collide III - 9/4/2022

Dolfan in NYC

NXT UK is shuttering. We've got some titles to get rid of  UNIFY~!

The announced card...   Beginning at 4pm ET

UNIFICATION MATCH FOR THE NXT AND NXT UK CHAMPIONSHIPS - Bron Breakker (US)  vs. Tyler Bate (UK)

TRIPLE THREAT UNIFICATION MATCH FOR THE NXT AND NXT UK WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIPS - Mandy Rose (US) vs. MEIKO SATOMURA~ (UK) vs. Blair Davenport

FATAL 4 WAY UNIFICATION MATCH FOR THE NXT AND NXT UK TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS - Diamond Mine (J. Creed / B. Creed, US) vs. Josh Briggs / Brooks Jensen (UK) vs. Gallus (Wolfgang / M. Coffey) vs. Pretty Deadly (Wilson / Prince)

FOR THE NXT WOMEN'S TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - Kayden Carter / Katana Chance (c) vs. Nikki A.S.H. / Doudrop

FOR THE NXT NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP  - Carmelo Hayes (c) vs. Ricochet

BEST 2 OUT 3 FALLS MATCH (HERITAGE CUP RULES) - Axiom (US) vs. Nathan Frazier (UK)

Noam Dar isn't the Heritage Cup champion, he lost it to one of Gallus a few weeks ago. Unless he won it back on a taping that hasn't aired yet.

I missed most of Hayes/Riccochet, but the last third or so I caught was entertaining. It's been a while since I can recall seeing Riccochet get a decent amount of time in a competative match and remember how good he is. Hayes gets better every time I see him. The guy can talk and can put everything together in the ring. I won't go as far as to say if he's a future main eventer, but he's got the tools to have a successful career.

Tag match was ok but a bit too much of a clusterfuck. I'd hoped they had stopped the splitting up of perfectly good stables and teams. At least it was a bit of a swerve and didn't go with the telegraphed turning of Roddy. I like the Creeds but they're still too green to have won here so Pretty Deadly winning is fine.

When the women's title match was made a three way I figured it was a way to get the title of off Meiko without her taking the fall. Following another non one-on-one match I was thinking this would be another clusterfuck but everyone got their stuff in really well here. Mandy has gotten good over the past year or two but she's not who I would have gone with to be the women's face of the brand. Toxic Attraction are at the point where they need to be moved up to the main roster.

The women's tag match was fine though un-memorable.

I've dug Bate ever since I saw his matches with Pete Dunne in the early days of NXTUK and Bron has been on a roll ever since he debuted so this match had a lot of potential. This was my match of the night but I think they've got a better bout in them.

Hayes/Ricochet was good, maybe the best Hayes has looked so far in his reign and the best Ricochet has probably looked since he left NXT. Match got a good amount of time, and both showed a good amount of character throughout keeping it from just being a simple spotfest. 

Tag Titles match was a chaotic mess in a mostly good way with everyone looking generally solid or better and the end playing well into Diamond Mine's story. I feel like the creeds deserved a longer run, but the UK needed a victory somewhere during this show and the tag titles were the safest option. Its a pity Vince left after we got the change in GYV. This would have been the perfect spot for them to finally take tag gold in NXT.

The triple threat for the Women's Titles was solid-good. All three women came out looking good getting their moments in. Mandy in particular held up her end rather well having one of her strongest showings ever. The end more or less went how I expected with Blair eating the fall. I continue to be curious how Mandy's reign ends as there is no obvious person to beat her right now.

Women's tag titles match was pretty solid. Doudrop and Nikki finally got to showcase themselves as a solid team with the work they did here dominating KC Squared for so much of the match. The KCs were good FIPs and had a nice comeback towards the end. TA's interference didn't take too much away form the end though I'm curious when we finally get the match with the KCs settled.

Waller cut a solid promo further showcasing himself as a piece of shit telling off his own mother for berating him for how he won against Apollo Crews.

Bate/Bron was great. The action was wonderful. I dug the spots they built into, the new/rare moves both busted out, and how each had the other scouted for a few of their regular attacks. This was easily the best Bron has looked so far. Surprisingly it still feels like they could probably go even further in the future with Bron continuing to improve.

Good show overall. Everything was solid at worse with Bron/Bate being MOTN.

Edited by Eivion