DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 8/22 - 8/27/2022

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I don't know her contract status or anything, but any chance they bring Meiko up to work a program with Bianca?  (or any of the other main roster ladies?)

I'm guessing no. I'd be pleasantly surprised if she sticks around beyond Worlds Collide.

11 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I don't know her contract status or anything, but any chance they bring Meiko up to work a program with Bianca?  (or any of the other main roster ladies?)

Dunno, but they sure put her over big-time on commentary last night. Maybe she sticks around NXT until NXT Europe starts?!

Supposedly Io was just going to let her contract run out as it only had a month left. I assume it was a case of not getting pulled up with HHH coming into control fixing that quickly.

Edited by Eivion

OH NO!  I'm getting a late start and HHH is loading up SMACKDOWN with wads of wrestling!  Happy Corbin and Ricochet start it off.  Ricochet leans into Corbin's offense, making him look like a million bucks.  The crowd gets behind Ricochet's STRUGGLE to escape the low-grade but effective heel beating of Corbin.  Kinda.  Ricochet hits a DDT and goes on offense.  Corbin finally cuts him off with a really slick looking Sidewalk Slam.  A good nearfall on Ricochet.  Whoa!  Ricochet with a BEAUTIFUL Shooting Star Press gets THE PIN!  That was surprising.  That was good.  Oh no!  A four way!  Sonya Deville isn't in much as Tamina seems to be one holding this together.  Sonya Deville pins Nikki ASH and that was quick.  So this isn't live?  They are going straight to the women's tag match- Natalya and Sonya Deville versus Aliyah and Raquel Rodriguez.  Aliyah is fun!  Sonya and Natalya are a good heel tag team, as they beat the crud out of Raquel Rodriguez.  Natalya bumps BIG through the ropes to the floor.  Rodriguez busts up Sonya Deville for the win single-handedly.  That was good.  I'm caught up and it's 9:34.  There wasn't as much wrestling as one would have thought when this episode started.  My son is talking to me about geopolitics while commercials are rolling.  Drew McIntyre and Sami Zayne!  Zayne is wrestling for three.  Sami Zayne IS Terry Funk.  My son is still talking.  My son has wandered off finally.  Man. it's weird to watch commercials.  I guess I miss picture in picture.  That's strange.  NICE DDT by Zayne.  Zayne tries to go for the Blue Thunder Bomb but McIntyre counters it by slaughtering Zayne with a thousand throws. Is that a "Sami" chant?  I think it is.  That's cool. Usos show up to distract Drew to let Zayne to hit a SWEET Blue Thunder Bomb.  Drew hits both Usos and Claymore-izes Sami and that's that!  The TRIBAL CHIEF!  Reigns takes a nice Psicosis bump.  The Usos beat the crap out of McIntyre with steel chairs!  They continue beating on Drew as Sami joins in!  That was an intense beatdown.  Unfortunately, no children are crying.  That was a good episode.  The matches were truncated BUT note that EVERY FINISH WAS CLEAN!  All of them!  If they added two or three minutes to each match, it would have been a Really Good episode.  Baby steps.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Triple H may change the belt designs in WWE.

And another rumor is that WWE may drop the NXT 2.0 colors for the old black and gold colors.

I figured both may happen. Especially in favour of new belts.

Corbin/Ricochet was good once again. I continue to enjoy how good Corbin has stealthily gotten over the past 2-3 years. loved the new stuff he busted out here which was nice and different from the norm while fitting him perfectly. he can do the standard big man offense well, but stuff he leans towards always help him stand out from the usual.

The 4-tag was short but fun while it lasted. 

The actual semi-finals between Nattie/Sonya and Raquel/Aliyah was solid. Curious to see how the finals play out. Wonder if they acknowledge and play off of Raquel's history with Dakota and Io.

The segment with the Bloodline and Sami was fun, especially with the camera catching Jey breaking.

The GUNTHER/Sheamus segment was solid. Can't wait for that match.

Sami/Drew was good. Dug the post match beatdown on Drew. Roman was great getting fired up and talking trash. Was also nice to see Sami really get to be with the Bloodline during the beating though still having trouble getting into that final shot with Roman and the Usos. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Bloody hell.

Butbutbut... it' all fake, they're not even hitting each other! *eyeroll*

Damn, the older I get, the more it amazes me that anyone would willingly suffer through that for their art, but that's pretty impressive beating right there.

30 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

It looks like some fucking Gremlins are going to hatch out of his back. 

The thing is, his back looked like that BEFORE the beating. Somebody must have thrown some water on him despite the warnings.

• Haha 1

Very enjoyable Corbin-Riccochet opener to clear the palate after an all time bad Rampage. Profits and Hit Row like each other! Classic WWE skit there. McINtyre video was alright. Kross and Scarlett with a mildly good promo. FFWD the 4 way tag team battle and kept it going till about Gunther's mic work. Gunther rules. Ha, dug the fighting around the staredown. Went a lil long as is the H style, but fun. Looking forward to this battle of the behemoths. Zayn is wasted in these ridiculous 'Bloodline' skits. I sometimes wonder if you needed to be forcefed Reigns as a babyface for years to be into this stoic heel Reigns predominantly doing longwinded skits and interviews. Fucking brutal. More FFWD thru the Tag Tourney Semi. How could I possibly care about this New Day-Game of Thrones segment? I dig the Raiders ability, but why not update them into the 21st Century now that the Genius-Predator is gone? Man, I could never sit thru this shit in real time. This is my first look at Maximum Male Models. More garbage skits. Yeah, WWE is back baby! First McIntyre vid was good, but did we need a sequel? Sami-McIntyre was fun while it lasted. I know it's partially not having seen Sami in years prior to last week, but I just marvel at this muthafucka's bumpin' around. Then the Red Shoes come in for the longwinded boring attack to remind us that Reigns is the best, yeah! My honeymoon continues with this far superior WWE commentary team(s). Whatever Cole did over the past 15 or so years while I was out doesn't mean anything to me. He and McAfee are a dream team in comparison to the irritating AEW configs. Not a great show, but the FFWD technology provided a few worthy highlights. 

On 8/26/2022 at 5:49 PM, Blue Dragon said:

Triple H may change the belt designs in WWE.

And another rumor is that WWE may drop the NXT 2.0 colors for the old black and gold colors.

This seems about the right time for belt design changes. 

I'd rather they leave black and gold behind. They should change up 2.0's colors if only because they are terrible for a brand theme.

8 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Looks like there may be no roster draft this year. Not until after WM39 maybe. I guess they may want to build up the Raw vs SD concept for SS, but better.

Still plans can change.

Happy to hear this. Feels unnecessary anyways with the returns we are seeing right now. I only wish they would drop the SS Raw vs. SD concept.