Jayzeus!

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

GET THAT CAMERA OUT OF MY FACE!

58 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Fucking AWESOME!

38 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Oh MAN, this whole thing is awesome.

32 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

That brawl was the best thing NJPW has done in years! Felt organic in a way that NJPW isn’t typically.

This. Best NJPW thing in a long time.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Oh MAN, this whole thing is awesome.

I came here immediately after seeing this on Tik Tok (yeah, I do the things the hot teens do). That whole segment was nuts. I thought (and maybe it was) a long CVS receipt for getting kicked in the face. Jaw to the floor. Then Kiyomiya’s running drop kick and German Suplex maybe meant it was planned. Either way, I want to see their match. I love NOAH, kick kick kick! New Japan, strike strike strike!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Octopus said:

I came here immediately after seeing this on Tik Tok (yeah, I do the things the hot teens do). That whole segment was nuts. I thought (and maybe it was) a long CVS receipt for getting kicked in the face. Jaw to the floor. Then Kiyomiya’s running drop kick and German Suplex maybe meant it was planned. Either way, I want to see their match. I love NOAH, kick kick kick! New Japan, strike strike strike!

OKADA SMASH!

• Like 1

So I don't dislike Okada, but I have never really been a fan of his either. I enjoy his matches, but they are usually something I don't go out of my way to see for him. Seeing those clips just now is the first time I have ever truly wanted to see an Okada match. Planned or not, pissed off Okada is awesome, and I so hope we see more of this version. He has been around a while. Seems about right for him to enter his grumpy and pissed off phase. I'm all for this kicking off a new phase of NJPW vs. NOAH for a bit.

• Like 3

It's almost certainly a reference to Maeda shoot kicking Choshu in the face. About 3:20 into the video. Totally agree that it's the most interesting angle New Japan has run in ages (maybe ever?) and I also  completely bought that things were out of control until the dropkick and suplex. Great stuff!

Edited by Gordlow
3:20
  • Like 6

C&P from f4wonline.com with full card for Keiji Muto's retirement show in the Tokyo Dome, 21st February:

• Keiji Muto (NOAH) vs. Tetsuya Naito (NJPW)
  • Non-title: Kazuchika Okada (NJPW) vs. Kaito Kiyomiya (NOAH)
  • Non-title: Hiromu Takahashi (NJPW) vs. AMAKUSA (NOAH)
  • NOSAWA and MAZADA (NOAH) vs. Gedo and Taiji Ishimori (NJPW)
  • Kento Miyahara, SUWAMA, and Yuma Aoyagi (AJPW) vs. Kenoh, Katsuhiko Nakajima, and Manabu Soya (NOAH)
  • Shun Skywalker, KAI, and Diamante (Dragongate) vs. Naomichi Marufuji, Hijo Del Dr. Wagner Jr., and Ninja Mack (NOAH)
  • Shunma Katsumata, Toui Kojima, Mao, and Yuki Ueno vs. Tetsuya Endo, Hideki Okatani, Yuya Koroku, and Takeshi Masada (DDT)
  • Eita, Yoshinari Ogawa, HAYATA, Daga, and Chris Ridgeway vs. Atsushi Kotoge, YO-HEY, Seiki Yoshioka, Alejandro, and Junta Miyawaki (NOAH)
  • Takashi Sugiura, Satoshi Kojima, and Timothy Thatcher vs. Jake Lee, Jack Morris, and Anthony Greene (NOAH)
  • Miyu Yamashita, Yuka Sakazaki, Rika Tatsumi, and Shoko Nakajiuma vs. Mizuki, Miu Watanabe, Maki Itoh, and Yuki Arai (Tokyo Joshi Pro)
  • Masa Kitamiya and Daiki Inaba vs. Yoshiki Inamura and Yasutaka Yano (NOAH)

The KOPW Mixed Martial Arts match rules:

KO, TKO, and tap out. The fighters can wear the dogis, and the tightening technique using the dogi is allowed. Also the lumberjack rule is on, so if one of the fighters fall outside the ring, he is pushed back into the ring.

Meltzer:

As of last night, the Okada-Kiyomiya angle, which builds to the 2/21 show at the Tokyo Dome had more than 2.5 million views which is a good number for a WWE angle, a great number for an AEW angle and an unbelievable number for a Japanese angle.

• Like 2