DVDVR Message Board

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17.

The Natural

2 hours ago, The Natural said:
  Hide contents

FlnYjHwWAAMnEbO?format=jpg&name=large

FlnYwylX0AEzUjf?format=jpg&name=large

Hell yeah as a big Sasha Banks fan since 2005!!! Mercedes Mone back in wrestling!!!

I don't know what that move was she was going for but the entrance music sounds lit. I think I'm resubscribing to New Japan World after 3 years this month. I want to watch Ospreay vs Omega and be able to catch up with what's currently going on and be able to watch the February PPV 

Five years on from Jericho vs. Omega, and NJPW World still doesn't have actual apps on iOS or Android. I was able to Chromecast the stream to my streambox but like they haven't innovated or improved their tech at all in over five f'n years.

It's 2023 NJPW. Get with the f'n program.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ziggy said:

I don't know what that move was she was going for but the entrance music sounds lit. I think I'm resubscribing to New Japan World after 3 years this month. I want to watch Ospreay vs Omega and be able to catch up with what's currently going on and be able to watch the February PPV 

Don't know if it sways your decision but the Feb US show is not included in the monthly fee and is extra. But this show is definitely worth the subscription fee.

Agree with TheVileOne, if there is a fault with tonight it's the stream quality. If NOAH can get a perfect hi-def stream on their app, why can't New Japan?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

It looks like the price on World is a little bit more expensive than on FITE (2990Y = $22, whereas FITE it's $19.99). And you get English commentary on FITE, if you're into that. 

Either way - Omega in New Japan just hits different.

4 minutes ago, Horangi said:

Don't know if it sways your decision but the Feb US show is not included in the monthly fee and is extra. But this show is definitely worth the subscription fee.

Agree with TheVileOne, if there is a fault with tonight it's the stream quality. If NOAH can get a perfect hi-def stream on their app, why can't New Japan?

Why is it that Cyberfight is actually able to upgrade their tech to the 21st century but Bushiroad/NJPW doesn't know how? It's sort of like Nintendo being modern innovators in many ways but still making moronic mistakes that just piss the gaming community off. 

For some more positive vibes, Shota Umino looked like a star tonight. He's really come along.

Spoiler

Omega's performance tonight felt like pure 100% uncut Omega, and not a slightly sanitized US version we typically see in AEW. That said, they gave him all the bells and whistles tonight. And this showdown with Ospreay has been built up for a while. Omega and Ospreay knew this matchup would happen sooner or later and they've played it off well.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 4

Cyberfight is owned by an company (Cyberagent) that owns an actual streaming platform (Abema TV) that streamed all the World Cup games this year (although they did get overwhelmed during the Japan games and glitches occured). So they should be able to provide quality and app at the bare minimum. I have no idea about NJPW's operation but it is probably split by Bushiroad and TV Asahi. TV stations in Japan are notoriously behind in providing their content online. At least NJPW finally got a license with Nextone, the company that handles digital music copyright so they could use the Immigrant Song for Makabe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lostinube said:

Cyberfight is owned by an company (Cyberagent) that owns an actual streaming platform (Abema TV) that streamed all the World Cup games this year (although they did get overwhelmed during the Japan games and glitches occured). So they should be able to provide quality and app at the bare minimum. I have no idea about NJPW's operation but it is probably split by Bushiroad and TV Asahi. TV stations in Japan are notoriously behind in providing their content online. At least NJPW finally got a license with Nextone, the company that handles digital music copyright so they could use the Immigrant Song for Makabe.

I just feel like when NJPW was starting to make a lot of big moves in 2017-2018-ish they could've started improving their streaming tech. 2018, their product was hotter than ever. 

I feel like NJPW had already been around by 2-3 years at point, by WK13, hadn't it? Maybe a little less.

Spoiler

Main event was good, but obviously couldn't follow what came before it. Okada (and Hiromu) may feel like stale choices, but also these two are super talented and can drive forward whatever the new direction is.

Shingo challenged Okada for Osaka New Beginning I think post match...could be great! 

Edited by Horangi
Correction on Shingo challenge
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Horangi said:
  Hide contents

Main event was good, but obviously couldn't follow what came before it. Okada (and Hiromu) may feel like stale choices, but also these two are super talented and can drive forward whatever the new direction is.

Shingo challenged Okada for Osaka New Beginning I think post match...could be great! 

Spoiler

Did he give a date? It's not for the 21st, right? Looks like that's going to LIJ/KONGO but they haven't put the backstage comments online yet.

In the end, it had to be Okada/White going on last because you needed Okada to deliver that promo with tears in his eyes and then the final 1, 2, 3, Da at the very end.

5 minutes ago, lostinube said:
  Hide contents

Did he give a date? It's not for the 21st, right? Looks like that's going to LIJ/KONGO but they haven't put the backstage comments online yet.

In the end, it had to be Okada/White going on last because you needed Okada to deliver that promo with tears in his eyes and then the final 1, 2, 3, Da at the very end.

Spoiler

I was listening to Chris Charlton's translation but it sounds like he didn't hear the date correctly. Chris was debating between 21/1 in Yokohama or 1/2 in Aomori, but it seems 11/2 in Osaka was the date.

3 minutes ago, Pete said:
  Hide contents

"HEEEEEEERE'S KENNY!"

On that...

Spoiler

Soon as I saw the table break that way, I hoped Kenny would do that and as he reached the table, the bloody production truck cut to the replay. Thankfully after it finished, Kenny was still doing it.