DVDVR Message Board

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17.

The Natural

Oh man I am so stoked for this tonight. Plan on staying up til 330am ET when the show starts for me. Ospreay/Omega has all the possibility to be match of the decade, and then you couple that with the main event, a Mercedes appearance, KAIRI/Nakano, Karl Anderson probably dropping the Openweight title to Tama tonga, FTR defending and probably dropping their straps to Bishamon. Gonna be a lot of good shit going on tonight. 

I kind of expect it to be mostly a 2-match show. Most everything else will probably be either too short or not garner enough heat with a dome crowd to be something memorable. Other than the IWGP & US title matches I expect some interest talk surrounding Kairi/Tam after Sasha shows up.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 1:26 PM, Horangi said:

So Gino Gambino was at the English fan event organised by Kevin Kelly & Chris Charlton today. I really hope he's back on commentary, I'll watch in English if he is (I can't do Kevin/Chris on their own anymore...)

I've been meaning to ask this for a while, as I've seen others mention it recently:  what exactly is the problem with Kevin and Chris these days?  Bear in mind, I only ever listen to the Japanese commentary, so by default, I really don't get the criticism at all.  Not trying to stir anything up, just curious.  

Looks like a solid enough card to me, by the way.  There's at least 3 or 4 matches other than the final two that will likely deliver, or even over-deliver.  It'll actually be very interesting to see who's in the Ranbo this time around, as there are lots of key names and rising prospects unaccounted for.  I'm feeling quite optimistic overall.  

2 hours ago, Evil Otto said:

I've been meaning to ask this for a while, as I've seen others mention it recently:  what exactly is the problem with Kevin and Chris these days?  Bear in mind, I only ever listen to the Japanese commentary, so by default, I really don't get the criticism at all.  Not trying to stir anything up, just curious.  

For me, it's their attempts at comedy and pandering to their twitter friends. I much preferred Chris in the Mike Tenay role instead of a play-by-play or colour guy. Also at times I think they unintentionally bury some guys, like Wato for example.

In saying that, when they're on, they're on. I actually like Charlton's dramatic monologues like for Ospreay during his G1 entrance (some don't).

Edited by Horangi
More info
  • Like 1

KOPW Rambo entrants SHO, Hikuleo, EVIL, Ishii, O-Khan, DOUKI, Rocky Romero, KENTA, Kanemaru, Henare, Taguchi, Jeff Cobb, Shane Haste, Mikey Nicholls, Yujiro Takahashi, Yano, El Phantasmo, TAICHI, Shingo Takagi

Last Four are Takagi, O-Khan, SHO and Yano (who only got in the ring once)

No surprises this year. It was literally a get everyone on the card match and was heel unit heavy.

Spoiler

I called the location of this I shall be in attendance. 

I told wrestletix it would be wise to get a before and after, because they are going to sell 66% of the tickets. But he didn’t yet. I took a screengrab from Ticketmaster right after.