DVDVR Message Board

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17.

The Natural

9 hours ago, lostinube said:

Shingo and TAICHI are battling for the KOPW at the TAKATaichiMania on the 19th so maybe he'll be chasing his beloved trophy come Wrestle Kingdom.

He'd be chasing it anyways. Whoever wins the match will be the KOPW for 2022. It resets on 1/4.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2022 at 7:46 AM, lostinube said:

Shingo and TAICHI are battling for the KOPW at the TAKATaichiMania on the 19th so maybe he'll be chasing his beloved trophy come Wrestle Kingdom.

Looking forward to Master Wato winning his first of many jr titles.

No O-Khan or Ishii either. The Ranbo is going to be packed this year.

YANO IS GOING TO WIN BACK HIS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I kinda feel sorry for Jay and Okada. Hopefully they will take the wiser course of working a more dramatic, face/heel storytelling match rather than trying to top the insanity of whatever Kenny and Okada are going to do in the ring.

Seems like the rambo is gonna be stacked this year, I am excited for Zack vs Ren, and the crowd reaction for Muto will be interesting.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gordlow said:

I kinda feel sorry for Jay and Okada. Hopefully they will take the wiser course of working a more dramatic, face/heel storytelling match rather than trying to top the insanity of whatever Kenny and Okada are going to do in the ring.

Seems like the rambo is gonna be stacked this year, I am excited for Zack vs Ren, and the crowd reaction for Muto will be interesting.

I do for White/Okada. The main event is always the match that goes on last but it's not the real main event. Triple H/Orton as the former and Undertaker/Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania XXV the prime example.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Gonna go out on a limb and predict that Kenny/Ospreay is going to be a overblown masterbatury spotfest with no concept of build or layout and nothing is really going to matter outside of when they start landing OWA's or Stormbreakers.

White/Okada will be a better worked match, where nothing will matter until they start trying to hit Rainmakers or Bladerunners.

Something has to give for NJPW because right now NOAH's the better in-ring promotion with a roster twice NJPW's age.

2 hours ago, matwarz said:

Not that you needed convincing, but Kenny and Will were absolute fire at the WK press conference. Literally talking the cash out of your wallet.

Here you go.

• Like 2