DVDVR Message Board

Bad/Unknown/Unpopular Movies You'll Always Defend

RonL21

The last one? Pretty good but the villain didn't exist beyond a stereotype so that's not really legit. Good use of the .50 cal though

Now we're getting into an element of conversation in what commands the title of a "great action movie"  are we looking for action, or action and the combination of a great villain/hero(es) dynamic?

I would eriously like to get an honest, non feudal consensus regarding this?  We could go for hours, and there is the idea that a hero is only as good as his villain.

I mean shit, Batman ha the best Rogue Gallery, ever, by a large margin and he is considered one of the best superheroes ever.

The last one? Pretty good but the villain didn't exist beyond a stereotype so that's not really legit. Good use of the .50 cal though

I don't think the villain was a stereotype. 

He was kept unknowable to get across how evil they were. I think knowing him better, would have made the atrocities he committed more defensible. If that is the right word. 

Wait, is someone actually arguing Spider-Man has a better rogues gallery then Batman? Because the fact we are already on the Lizard in the movies is a great example that it has no depth what so ever.

Batman has Joker, Two Face, Ra's, Penguin, Riddler, Bane, Killer Croc, Poison Ivy, Harley, Catwoman (more middle ground, but still), and even decently useful guys like Hush. A lot of villians in the lower class of Bats Rogues Gallery like Clayface would be above average in most others.

• Like 1

Wait, is someone actually arguing Spider-Man has a better rogues gallery then Batman? Because the fact we are already on the Lizard in the movies is a great example that it has no depth what so ever.

Batman has Joker, Two Face, Ra's, Penguin, Riddler, Bane, Killer Croc, Poison Ivy, Harley, Catwoman (more middle ground, but still), and even decently useful guys like Hush. A lot of villians in the lower class of Bats Rogues Gallery like Clayface would be above average in most others.

Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Kraven, Electro, Lizard, Kingpin, Vulture, Mysterio, Morbius, Sandman and that is off the top of my head. 

• Like 1

Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Kraven, Electro, Lizard, Kingpin, Vulture, Mysterio, Morbius, Sandman and that is off the top of my head.

Outside of the top 2, none of these make Bats top 10. And Kingpin is more of a general villian, not Spidey based.

I asked a non comic fan to name a Bats villain. They named 10. Then asked for a Spidey villain. They got 2.

Outside of the top 2, none of these make Bats top 10. And Kingpin is more of a general villian, not Spidey based.

I'm curious what makes Killer Croc a better villain than the Lizard.

Kingpin is totally a Spider-Man villain. Sure Daredevil fights him too, but that's because Spidey's rogues' gallery is so awesome other heroes need to borrow from him.

• Like 1