DVDVR Message Board

Bad/Unknown/Unpopular Movies You'll Always Defend

RonL21

I described Bad Boys 2 as GTA: the Movie and it's a work of art. It's so fucking good. I mean, they drive Hummers through Favelas killing who knows how many people.

I liked it better when Jackie Chan did it in Police Story.  However, in fairness, Police Story is the action movie equivalent of "Simpsons did it".

Am I the only one who thinks Rocky would've lost a legit boxing match as oppsoed to a street fight in Rocky V?

That is an interesting point. He took a pretty bad beating in that street fight and it would have probably been stopped in an official fight. 

That was my thought exactly.  Especially at the end, he was down longer than a 10 count.  I could see where he was "supposed to die"

• Like 1

Rocky IV is one of my favorites from the series. I really wish they wouldn't have had the synth score, though.

I think having Vince Dicola do the score, played off on the different feeling of the movie. 

I'm always amazed DiCola didn't get more work.  The period when his style of synth was in vogue was relatively short, but during that period he should've been HUGE instead of "the guy who wrote awesome scores for Rocky IV and Transformers."

I'll agree for plot and villain, action edge to Die Hard and it's an edge to Willis because of his lack of shoes.  I think it all comes down to how you feel about Nicholas Cage.

Is the difference between Cage and Willis as great as the difference between Connery and Willis? Because Willis is a goof compared with Connery.

Furthermore, Die Hard was improbable and daft and the whole jump off the roof with a hose around his waist was stupid.

Rickman is better than every single thing about The Rock. It's the best human villain in action film history. By a huge margin.

Not even close to the trifecta of Hummel, Cyrus and Troy. Your opinions on action movies are invalidated by your lack of masculinity. And that lack of masculinity is directly attributable to Joss Whedon and his female empowerment gimmick