DVDVR Message Board

Bad/Unknown/Unpopular Movies You'll Always Defend

RonL21

First Transformers is a legitimately good, *** movie. Was shocked at how much I enjoyed it.

There is a special place in Hell for Bay on account of the second one and the seven hours of my life (or however long it was, felt like eternity) I'll never get back. Absolute garbage. If you defend this film, you deserve AIDS.

Third one is passable. I didn't have a seething desire to hunt down the entire Bay family, which makes it an improvement over Revenge of the Fallen. Plus I didn't pay to see it.

I guess that leads into the next film  I want to defend... Bad Boys II. It's a lot of fun. I felt like Will and Martin were able to recapture some of the magic they had in the first movie. There are some dumb bits like the whole accidental E overdose but overall their chemistry is still great and there are a lot of funny moments. Then there's the action and they do not skimp on that at all..  Logic would say that they'd be fired from the force from causing so much damage, basically fucking up half the city but hey do you want the baddies off the streets or not?!

Someone described it as GTA: The Movie. I'm cool with that description. Is it as good as the first? No, but I do think it's solid.

I love Bad Boys 2. God help me, I do. And Armageddon. I feel like those movies were so different in tone than Bay's later sins, in that they weren't taking themselves seriously. Also, Affleck seems like he's having a ball in Armageddon. I've heard his commentary track is the stuff of legends...

I love Bad Boys 2. God help me, I do. And Armageddon. I feel like those movies were so different in tone than Bay's later sins, in that they weren't taking themselves seriously. Also, Affleck seems like he's having a ball in Armageddon. I've heard his commentary track is the stuff of legends...

On the commentary track to Jersey Girl, he takes a couple of shots at Armageddon (most notably admitting that the entire premise that it would be easier to teach drillers to be astronauts than astronauts to drill was fucking absurd) and pretty much buries it.

God I fucking hated that movie.  Especially that fucking Aerosmith song.

• Like 3

Oooh it's time for another Michael Bay list: 

The Good:

- Pain & Gain

- Bad Boys

- The Rock

- Transformers

- Bad Boys II

The Bad:

- Transformers: Dark of the Moon

- Armageddon

The Ugly:

- Pearl Harbor

- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Note: I have only seen and remember bits of The Island

Am I the only one who thinks Rocky would've lost a legit boxing match as oppsoed to a street fight in Rocky V?

That is an interesting point. He took a pretty bad beating in that street fight and it would have probably been stopped in an official fight.