DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 8/19/2022

The Natural

13 hours ago, JLowe said:

I also ended up looking up to see if Dustin wrestled Steamboat only to learn they were a surprise tag-team who won the WCW World Tag Team titles

Unfortunately you either have to watch that on bilibili or a Dailymotion version without the Steamboat reveal so I can't post it here, but that is one of the best matches ever.

EDIT: Always read the rest of the posts before YOU post. Matt found it. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Credit where it's due, I laughed at JR's line "Slim J was my nickname in junior high."

Jericho: "When you were thirteen?"

JR: "Twelve!"

That was some good comedic timing! I appreciated it a lot as well!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Hook gives me hope for America’s youth.

Interesting how the tag title match played out.  For a moment I was getting kind of snarky over the announcers calling Private Party “kids”.  I’m like:  “Come on!  Let them grow up.”  But ultimately I got what I asked for as they kicked out of a parade of killer death moves.  Went down dying hard.  Loved it.  I like Swerve so much more with Keith Lee.  

Awesome sell of Athena’s finisher from Ford.  

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Brandon Bones said:

Hook gives me hope for America’s youth.

Interesting how the tag title match played out.  For a moment I was getting kind of snarky over the announcers calling Private Party “kids”.  I’m like:  “Come on!  Let them grow up.”  But ultimately I got what I asked for as they kicked out of a parade of killer death moves.  Went down dying hard.  Loved it.  I like Swerve so much more with Keith Lee.  

I think Ford's sold it best for Athena since Athena's arrival. The snapmare sell of it makes it look much deadlier than a cutter

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Shartnado said:

Jericho: "When you were thirteen?"

JR: "Twelve!"

That was some good comedic timing! I appreciated it a lot as well!

JR seems to feel a little more at ease when he's with Jericho. I liked their "behemoth" exchange too

• Like 4

On 8/20/2022 at 5:36 PM, Brandon Bones said:

I like Swerve so much more with Keith Lee.  

Swerve works and acts like a natural heel, so it's really hard for me to buy him as a babyface unless you have just a purebred fan favorite like Lee with him. It's kind of like Lex back in the day.. No matter how much they shoved him down my throat as a babyface I never really cheered for him unless he was with Sting. 

Also aside from the stellar work,  I really appreciated Penelope Ford's severe case of hungry bum in that match. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, EVA said:

Is that some kind of record for how quickly a poster has earned the Settle Down treatment?

"Hungry bum" is a term I've never heard and it's cracking me up.

(I'm nine years old)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 8/19/2022 at 7:12 AM, HumanChessgame said:

That was basically Special K's gimmick in ROH 20 years ago.

I decided to see who all from that group (granted there were like 30 members and some of them were only in there for a few matches) is still active and am surprised at how many are still going - Slim J, Angel Dust/Azrieal, Cheech, Cloudy, Deranged, and Jay Lethal. I was also surprised to learn northeast indy mainstay Grim Reefer was never a member.

Well Reefer is more of a burn outs who listen to Sabbath drug than a club kid drug.

Anyway sorry I'm late was honoring the House of Black! (AMENRA concert in Vegas! House always wins!)

Not to much good wrestling but some good stuff set up.

I like Keith Lee but am indifferent to Swerve and PP kinda did a quick job here.

I liked Hook squashing Jersey Shore dude but I didn't like Penelope doing a quick job could be doing something with her. (are we finally getting pay off on Kip/Box angle? Anyone who comes out of a box is instantly over right?)

Not really feeling RAMPAGE (BABY!) becoming the trustbuster show.

But Dustin vs CC HOOBOY!!!

And The Redeemer v. Pagans!

Buddy Don't listen to that Preacher Man  he'll get inside you head!