DVDVR Message Board

All Out IV - 9/4/2022

Dolfan in NYC

I haven’t missed one yet and I’m not starting now. Really looking forward to Hobbs vs Starks, I’m going to love Kenny and the bucks as usual, and I’m really rooting for Athena to win, although I’m not betting money on it. And hopefully things will exceed expectations, as they tend to do. 

• Like 2

Do you think that Britt Baker is hoping that Mandy Rose pins Meiko Satomura in a couple hours at NXT World Collide show.  Because as stupid as Britt winning the title will be tonight there is something that would 100 times worse to deflect the attention

• Like 2

I think we might get something related to the video game during the PPV tonight. All of AEW's Instagram accounts are pushing the pre-order today, and people like Evil Uno, Allie and others have shared the image in their own stories.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Do you think that Britt Baker is hoping that Mandy Rose pins Meiko Satomura in a couple hours at NXT World Collide show.  Because as stupid as Britt winning the title will be tonight there is something that would 100 times worse to deflect the attention

If that happens, I hope Meiko Satomura is interested in spending some time in the US and being the Ace of the AEW women’s division.

I thought Ruby Soho leaving the WWE would be the best thing to ever happen to her.   But her time in AEW has been a booking and in ring disaster.  Now she looks to have had gotten her nose broken 

Are we sure that Action Bronson didn't wrestle in Georgia and North Carolina indies in the 90's and early 2000's?  I wouldn't fuck with him 

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

I have no idea what that was with Kip Sabian vs PAC but it was awful.   First of all what is Kip supposed to be besides I guess crazy

On another board I frequent, someone described Kip's character as a "My Chemical Romance version of Al Snow" and I'm here for it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

Re: “Buy In” vs “Zero Hour,” I’d love for AEW to get away from the gambling iconography as 1) it can be a harmful addiction and 2) it just calls to mind douchey Texas Hold Em bros from when that shit got trendy like 15 years ago, but I can see how it’s too late to change course now.  Still, I can clearly see Cody, overdressed, smoking cigars, playing poker, and thinking naming your all your stuff after gambling was just the coolest thing.  Dude’s always been corny.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, kafkonia said:

See, I thought the Kip/PAC match was better than I expected, and any flaws were equally attributable to the Bastard. Until the very end with the Kip talking to the box. That didn't seem to fit with how he was presented.

It was fine.  Kind of felt like PAC was trying to get Sabian acclimated with being in the ring again.

• Like 3

Ladder match was all about the wonderful angle at the end. How much did TK pay for "Sympathy For The Devil"?!

It might be an unpopular opinion but overall, the FTWar/LethalGuns match was SO much better laid out and technically satisfying than the trios title match - even if some of those near falls with Silver and Omega were riveting. The Elite getting more belts isn't very exciting but I get it, long term storytelling. Hopefully Silver and Reynolds get theirs someday. 

I love how Jade keeps improving but YEESH... Athena deserved better. She-Hulk getup was dope, though. 

?Pure negativity alert? Rick Knox is fucking AWFUL and clearly has a job only because of friends. 

AJ Starks! That finish was confounding...

Taz complimenting Caster's cakes ? Crowd was HOT for The Acclaimed. Billy Gunn living his best life. Swerve/Lee work better as heels and I'm glad they leaned into that. 

Britt's improved in leaps and bounds from when she started but she's been completely eclipsed by Hayter and Storm. Toni winning made sense but that's 2/2 for "person who was originally gonna challenge for the title becomes interim champ."

Christian/JB was 100% horse shit on a PPV but would've been fine for a Dynamite. 

White Zombie over Fozzy any damn day. Danielson's gear was rad. I'm not huge on Jericho in this phase of his career but dude is putting in the work. "Very thick neck!" The crowd is DEAD. Fuck... shit finish. Damnit. 

Another trios match... Great intros at least? Miro should be a main eventer. Julia Hart as Lydia Deetz awakens my inner-netico. Sting/Black brings the crowd back, nice payoff for the weeks of build-up. STING MIST!!! Nice ending, but then production doesn't even acknowledge Miro. 

Mox is truly on a level above everybody else. Punk hits a gusher first which was only slightly predicable with the white longbois. I mean I knew they'd get stained but... well... Moxley could've bled on 'em. Okay this is GREAT. Hard fought win for Punk. HUGE pop for MJeff. 

Besides the world title match/angle, this was entirely skippable ☹️ however I'll feel good if we get some proper follow-up with FTR/MCMG and The Acclaimed, and if MJF doesn't get the title it's a fucking waste. 

Edited by christopher.annino
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Britt's improved in leaps and bounds from when she started but she's been completely eclipsed by Hayter and Storm. Toni winning made sense but that's 2/2 for "person who was originally gonna challenge for the title becomes interim champ."

This is odd to me, since the discussion I've been seeing online in the build-up to this is that AEW only puts interim belts on former champions.

Just now, Casey said:

This is odd to me, since the discussion I've been seeing online in the build-up to this is that AEW only puts interim belts on former champions.

We've had two, right? I could be wrong... but Mox and Storm were both challengers before shit changed.