DVDVR Message Board

All Out IV - 9/4/2022

Dolfan in NYC

10 minutes ago, Stefanie Without Stefanie said:

Obviously we need

Reveal hidden contents

to fundraise and get help from someone that a billionaire gave a rare coin to accidentally in order to get our love for wrestling back.

I think @Octopus should be the one to scream "WE DID IT WRESTLING IS OURS!!!" once we succeed at the end.

Do not convince @Octopusto “put on a show.”

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Log said:

Whatever happens, if they decide to address it on Dynamite, just please god do not have TK do it. Get one of your professional talkers to do it. 

Eddie Kingston doing damage control like he did after the exploding barb wire massacre/sparkler fiasco

Please and thank you ?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Yep

If we’re makin movies (baybeth), then now we’re makin movies about makin movies. And those all suck.

Except UHF. UHF is the shit.

guess there's inconvenient laws factoring into this but sorta surprising that no wrestling promotions have tried holding telethons to 'save' their promotion

some indy promotions stick to rigging raffles instead

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

I appreciate Tim in this thread and how he's holding up to his convictions, an island unto himself.

Let's do an old fashioned DVDVR wager. My gut says that Punk's gone either due to being fired or by choice. Yours says that Punk is just going to get suspended or less and cooler heads will prevail.

Loser reviews three matches of the winner's choosing?

You’re on. My hope is that I don’t drive away the Segunda Caida faithful away with my choices. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, A_K said:

For those bewildered  why Punk ranted about Cabana with no provocation (he brought the topic up), let me help you out .. it is because it is a work

For those bewildered why mild-mannered, bookish Kenny Omega who has been on the shelf with a series of serious injuries would be involved in backstage assault felonies within weeks of his return, let me help you out .. it is because it is a work

For those bewildered why a backstage producer who became a storyline character last week is suddenly committing assault felonies, let me help you out .. it is because it is a work

For those bewildered why Colt Cabana (who previously had 3 Dynamite appearances in 12 months, and is the preserve of Dark/Elevation) is being framed as being "fired" when he is storyline-assigned to 'ROH' and likely gets more TV time than he did before, let me help you out .. it is because it is a work

For those bewildered why Tony Khan is leaving voicemails on MJFs phone that are then used in AEW-manufactured, AEW-ring entrances, let me help you out .. it is because it is a work

For those bewildered why CM Punk came back to the company looking fresh, put together & overly sweet buying people ice cream, is now propped up with a shaggy beard over a mound of fast food cursing every other word, let me help you out .. it is because it is a work

Come on people - get it together here - some of you have gone absolutely mad. You must have been having heart attacks when Bearer stole the urn ?

If it's a work,  then work me then. They are professional wrestlers let them have me question whether or not this is a shoot.

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
11 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

guess there's inconvenient laws factoring into this but sorta surprising that no wrestling promotions have tried holding telethons to 'save' their promotion

KAYFABE, GOD DAMN.

16 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

This sounds like a very special episode of IMPACT where Ace Austin does magic tricks for a half hour with Johnny Swinger as the dummy.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

They hired Urban Meyer

They have not done a great job on the whole with the Jags (and I'd argue that keeping Trent Baalke around is even worse then hiring Meyer), but think that they have a done a pretty good job at Fulham on the whole and think that they are poised for another solid run in the Premier League for a few years. They inherited a bad situation when they bought them (not quite Sunderland at the time bad, but still a team very much on borrowed time in the Premier League), were too scattergun in their transfer approach their first time back up in the Premier League, and unlucky to drop down the second time around (their xG had them comfortably above drop zone). This time around, think that they have the right manager and did the right amount of buying to supplement what was a dominant team in the Championship (challeging some of City's record from the last time City dropped down).

• Like 2

Taking this out of the Navel-Gazing thread and putting it here because it probably doesn't need to be there:

11 minutes ago, Hayabusa said:

Jesus I'm just seeing this now

Ok, if any of the scuffles kerfuffles are real incidents and not a work, fire everyone involved in throwing hands/chairs

If he's coming out talking about he's cool with that shit, fuck him and fuck any "stars" unprofessional enough to throw hands backstage off camera instead of working it out on TV for the payday

So TK would go on to reiterate the gist of the quote Wresting Purists pulled from his NBC Chicago interview when he talked to Dave on Saturday:

You'll note he adds caveats about people not hurting each other, people not crossing the line, maintaining a safe environment, etc. He's clearly not cool with that stuff.

Now I don't think he expected people to violate those parameters the very next day... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
2 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Who do I need to send money to to get AEW Wacky Races?  And how much more for it to replaced the worked shoot shit?

See, I'd definitely be on board with this. Or maybe AEW Laff-a-Lympics.

OR BOTH!

We are 40+ pages deep so forgive me if this talking point has been covered. I think it's probably one of the most important questions not being asked.

Why the fuck do they even do media scrums? lol

Who is up at midnight watching these things after 8 hours of PPV wrestling? We're the hardest of the hardcore wrestling fans. And what maybe 10% of us even watch them (in real time). What is the actual purpose of them? Like take this one out of the equation. What purpose have any of the previous ones ever served? Kinda just a weird anomaly where TK gets to talk about his love of wrestling and his love of his own company. Maybe I'm missing a higher purpose?

There's lot of blame in lots of different categories here. But let's add a tally mark to the column if these media scrums didn't exist none of this would have manifested this way either.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

We are 40+ pages deep so forgive me if this talking point has been covered. I think it's probably one of the most important questions not being asked.

Why the fuck do they even do media scrums? lol

Who is up at midnight watching these things after 8 hours of PPV wrestling? We're the hardest of the hardcore wrestling fans. And what maybe 10% of us even watch them (in real time). What is the actual purpose of them? Like take this one out of the equation. What purpose have any of the previous ones ever served? Kinda just a weird anomaly where TK gets to talk about his love of wrestling and his love of his own company. Maybe I'm missing a higher purpose?

There's lot of blame in lots of different categories here. But let's add a tally mark to the column if these media scrums didn't exist none of this would have manifested this way either.

Gregg asked this three thousand posts ago in one of these threads. I think the primary purpose is Tony likes to talk and hang out and bask in a media that can treat him with kid gloves. I'm not sure how much meaningful, and helpful, news has been broken through these. I find them very interesting (both for what people are saying and what I can try to read about people's relationships with the boss), but that alone is never reason enough for a business to do anything. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I still have yet to watch Living in Oblivion, it's supposed to be great right? 

52 minutes ago, Execproducer said:

It's not great and it's very much of it's time but well worth watching.

Second this. It is very much a mid-90s indie movie, while also taking the piss out of mid-90s indie movies. The cast is great, young Dinklage is very fun in his quick role. It's enjoyable, but won't like stick with you or anything

• Like 2