DVDVR Message Board

All Out IV - 9/4/2022

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, Matt D said:

There is such a feeling in the air that Punk is gone that any other outcome is going to feel like a huge surprise.

And I have no idea where the thought is coming from.

(Sapp's vaguetweeting shouldn't count)

Edited by Dog
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

To get back to the PPV, I know everyone is concerned about Malakai Black, but I really enjoyed that six-man tag. It gave Darby Allin a big win on PPV that I think he needed, and I think Sting played his role perfectly there. Sting didn't take too many bumps and I loved that spot where he was just absorbing everyone kicks while putting on the Scorpion Deathlock.

Lastly, I loved that finish with Sting using the Black Mist on Malakai. I'm a big Malakai Black fan, not sure of what's going on with him, but I think for a match where the faces get a retaliatory win over the heels, this worked for me. Sting is someone who is familiar with getting the spit mist in the face. It was nice to see the older veteran get one over on the heels this time using their own cheating tactics against them, made better by Sting doing because Sting has done it all and seen it all.

I mean if this is it for the House of Black and Malakai, I think it was a good way for them go out. I mean I hope it's not because I think their work is great. But I also hope Malakai takes some time if he needs it. 

First thing I thought was "Sting has been getting mist in the face for 35 years" and I really wish that he had gotten Malakai with green mist as a tribute to his feud with Muta.

On the other hand, if this kills the mist gimmick dead then even better.

• Like 1

Eddie Kingston should open Dynamite: "I tried to warn you guys about this schmuck! But now you guys know that this is the real straight edge! He's a backstabbing, sniveling, smirking, wolf in sheep's clothing son of a bitch! He doesn't give it a shit about any of us! This company is ours! He tried to take AEW away from us just like that racist idiot from Venice Beach did down south with TNA and WCW!"

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Matt D said:

There is such a feeling in the air that Punk is gone that any other outcome is going to feel like a huge surprise.

? I'm not jesting on you here at all so don't take the direct quote as a personal reflection, but if the MJF work hooking so many fish was sweet boy this one is going to be utterly hilarious. They've actually got everyone eating out of the palm of their hands. Incredible. 

• Like 3

Sapp reporting that Punk didn’t let the Bucks and Omega into his locker room and they basically forced themselves in.

Well, the Bucks did, supposedly Omega didn’t even really care about any of this until he got bit ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Just now, Casey said:

Sapp reporting that Punk didn’t let the Bucks and Omega into his locker room and they basically forced themselves in.

Well, the Bucks did, supposedly Omega didn’t even really care about any of this until he got bit ?

Didn't Punk say come find him in his locker/dressing room and his door is always open? Like he literally said that during the scrum.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Hamhock said:

Now I really wish Ray Traylor was still alive; imagine Dynamite opening with all involved parties being called to the ring, and then Tony K. announces to them all that "starting now, there's going to be some Law and Order around AEW!", whereupon "Hard Times" (which has amazingly somehow been licensed to AEW) begins playing on the PA, and Old Man Traylor comes out in the original Big Bossman outfit and begins clubbering everyone in the ring into unconsciousness with his nightstick. Cutler tries macing him with his cold air cannister, but Bossman does that crescent/wheel-kick thingie move and knocks it out of his hand.

Give Jeff Cobb a night stick and some aviators and change his name to Jeff Cobb County

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Casey said:

I demand to hear from @just drewon the plausibility of this.

Edited by Dog
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I think they are a good working act. IMHO there doesn't need to be an end game for the duo right now, until like it gets to the point where it's time for Sting to actually hang it up. I would Darby comes out of it for the better and will do OK once he is on his own again. 

When we start seeing dissension between the 2, that's our sign that Sting is ready to bow out, I would guess his final act would be putting over Darby in a coffin match with one HUGE scary spot to go out on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JLowe said:

When we start seeing dissension between the 2, that's our sign that Sting is ready to bow out, I would guess his final act would be putting over Darby in a coffin match with one HUGE scary spot to go out on.

Nah. Dudes with Attitude and Brothers in Paint 'til the end. Sting says "Mucho Respect" and walks up to the rafters to smile upon Darby as he Coffin Drops himself into the World title. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dog said:

I demand to hear from @just drewon the plausibility of this.

I made my feelings known. It takes a special kind of asshole to make me side with the young bucks. But, for the record, one of the Jackson’s getting pieced up by known tomato can cm punk is the least surprising bit of this whole thing…

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Matt D said:

At this point, it's probably for the best for everyone involved. 

I'll be sad to see him go, especially like this, but he needs to stay away from the wrestling business. 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Ace Steel is the runaway winner for hanger-on of the year. Like if one of your high school buddies showed up to visit you at college and then got into a fight that got the downtown bar district mass-pepper sprayed

at the risk of divulging information that nobody was asking for, one of the Homecoming weekends when I was going to college involved the cops pepper spraying a crowd leaving the scene of a fight on the bar street in town.

in a way, the whole Ace Steel thing would be like if Jose Lothario was trying to fight Jim the Anvil Neidhart during the Shawn/Bret wars of 1997

• Like 2

I think SRS is overhyping the amount of heat on Punk because you have to get to that point to equate it with him being forced out. More than likely, It’s a bunch of talent eager to talk and project their thoughts to someone just as eager to run with things without accountability.

More than likely, there’s heat on Punk, but not to the degree being speculated against. And even upon return from a suspension, there would be degrees to which he has to act or else he’s gone for good. 

The bottom line is the next three weeks have a ton of eyes on the product for better or worse. Maximize it while minimizing the fallout and this thing goes away. I don’t trust Tony to do that though. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TimLivingston said:

I think SRS is overhyping the amount of heat on Punk because you have to get to that point to equate it with him being forced out. More than likely, It’s a bunch of talent eager to talk and project their thoughts to someone just as eager to run with things without accountability.

More than likely, there’s heat on Punk, but not to the degree being speculated against. And even upon return from a suspension, there would be degrees to which he has to act or else he’s gone for good. 

The bottom line is the next three weeks have a ton of eyes on the product for better or worse. Maximize it while minimizing the fallout and this thing goes away. I don’t trust Tony to do that though. 

That's on the talents who are talking to SRS. 

Also, let's not ignore that Punk is the one who escalated this situation himself first with the shoot comments on Dynamite, then the media scrum on Sunday.

• Like 1