DVDVR Message Board

All Out IV - 9/4/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, John from Cincinnati said:

Punk's gone, just a matter of which one of the journos wants to jump first. 

Occam’s Razor says yeah probably

And if he IS gone, please TK no more tournaments. Just give MJF that shit HHH big gold belt style. Hand it to him live on TV “as per the terms of his contract”, then have Kingston come out to talk some shit to end the segment. And there’s your Grand Slam match. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Cobra Commander said:

*remembers the Christmas where I got the Kurt Angle Machine t-shirt for a discount because the WWE had fired Kurt shortly before that purchase*

That’s a little different, no? AEW prints on demand via PWT, WWE probably buys X amounts of shirts.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
38 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I wish we got our news from Bob Sapp instead.

Keeping news energy high with his beast powered scoops!

I was wondering last night, if people are all up in Colt Cabana's face asking for his opinion on all this bullshit.

Then I realized, this is pro wrestling, OF COURSE THEY ARE.

Edited by nate

Just now, John from Cincinnati said:

Come on, what podcast would be crazy enough to put him on their air after everything that happened last time?

what's the largest Chicagoland arena that Conrad could rent for "CM PUNK'S LAST MATCH", with the main event of CM Punk and Ace Steel vs Jeff Jarrett and Hangman Adam Page

• Haha 6

23 minutes ago, DEAN said:

The Women's Fourway was waaaay better than any four way should ever be- 100% because of Jamie Hayter and Britt Baker.  I love that they used the stipulations of the match to have Britt Baker slowly turn on Jamie Hayter.  That was good storytelling.  I like how that made Tony Storm winning not get slaughtered by the crowd because Jamie Hayter is the most over woman in AEW.  

I just got through this one too. The bit where Hayter picked up someone out of a pinfall to tombstone her was awesome. Storm had to be bemused that the crowd was so behind Hayter, though knowing her, she was probably more happy for her than anything else. This made me want to see a bunch of Shida vs Storm matches mainly. Finish was great in theory and good in execution but the beats were somehow off. The fans didn't seem to realize it was going to be the finish and everything wasn't squared off to make it feel as impactful as it should have. Weirdly, this probably needed just a bit MORE NXT mugging? Or different camera work? Or the announcers better clued in. Something.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I just got through this one too. The bit where Hayter picked up someone out of a pinfall to tombstone her was awesome. Storm had to be bemused that the crowd was so behind Hayter, though knowing her, she was probably more happy for her than anything else. This made me want to see a bunch of Shida vs Storm matches mainly. Finish was great in theory and good in execution but the beats were somehow off. The fans didn't seem to realize it was going to be the finish and everything wasn't squared off to make it feel as impactful as it should have. Weirdly, this probably needed just a bit MORE NXT mugging? Or different camera work? Or the announcers better clued in. Something.

Yeah, the DDT didn't feel like a very convincing killshot, don't know if doing two in a row just made it seem like a vaguely impressive shine spot you'd expect a near fall from

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SprintingFromAmerica said:

Can you be straight-edge and still advertise Blue Chew?

That's the question myself and Conrad are wondering right now.

It helps you maintain a straight edge, so yes.

• Like 1

Again, if you wanted even more proof of wrestling journalists showing how poorly they're handling this, after vague tweeting and building up big news on Wade Keller's show, all they said was to expect something between today and the start of Dynamite. Wow.

And then on top of that, Sapp keeps saying "BUT I DIDN'T REPORT PUNK WAS INJURED! I ONLY SAID THERE WERE RUMORS OF IT!" Except yeah, dummy, you did. That's literally reporting something.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Storm has been using the Mickie James finish for a few weeks: I am guessing some women were struggling to take the snap piledriver (aka Storm Zero '22), so she just went with something pretty much anyone can take - I'm guessing people don't like taking the Storm One aka Ruby Cutter either.

Edited by SprintingFromAmerica
Mickie not Micky
  • Like 2