DVDVR Message Board

All Out IV - 9/4/2022

Dolfan in NYC

9 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

To get back to the PPV, I know everyone is concerned about Malakai Black, but I really enjoyed that six-man tag. It gave Darby Allin a big win on PPV that I think he needed, and I think Sting played his role perfectly there. Sting didn't take too many bumps and I loved that spot where he was just absorbing everyone kicks while putting on the Scorpion Deathlock.

Lastly, I loved that finish with Sting using the Black Mist on Malakai. I'm a big Malakai Black fan, not sure of what's going on with him, but I think for a match where the faces get a retaliatory win over the heels, this worked for me. Sting is someone who is familiar with getting the spit mist in the face. It was nice to see the older veteran get one over on the heels this time using their own cheating tactics against them, made better by Sting doing because Sting has done it all and seen it all.

I mean if this is it for the House of Black and Malakai, I think it was a good way for them go out. I mean I hope it's not because I think their work is great. But I also hope Malakai takes some time if he needs it. 

I like to think that's the end for them because in previous weeks Sting had the effects of the mist ala Julia Hart in his face paint but at the PPV it was clean and fresh Crow Sting.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nate said:

This gets solved with Punk vs MJF III tomorrow for the title, where MJF is holding the title and cutting his own pipe bomb promo while Punk gets the fuck out of Max's ring.  Anything less is not nearly pro grappz enough for my taste.

Can Earl Hebner still lazily wave his hand in the general direction of the ringbell?

P.S. Earl Hebner is apparently only 73. I thought he looked 80 25 years ago.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, porksweats said:

I like to think that's the end for them because in previous weeks Sting had the effects of the mist ala Julia Hart in his face paint but at the PPV it was clean and fresh Crow Sting.

Obviously Sting absorbed the mist into his throat to spray it on to Malakai

• Like 5

Okay, so I need FTR vs MCMG best of four million.  Motor City Machine Guns are fucking awesome ripping Cash Wheeler's knee apart.  This match is fucking great.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

While watching, I thought Punk had injured his elbow requiring another Interim BS.

He shook it out a million times between moves. At first I thought it was a legit injury, but I’m pretty sure he grabbed the wrong elbow at some point, quickly realized it, and went back to the other elbow so? ?‍♂️

55 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Sapp continues making things worse and proving Punk’s point about these journalists being stupid as fuck. Sapp on his show said that he got a text at 5 am and a call at 5:30 am saying that Discovery was unhappy and Punk was expecting to be fired possibly at 1 pm today, and then goes on to say that this is all remarkably uncomfirmed. SO WHY EVEN SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT? Oh, it’s to get clicks and subscriptions, that’s why. Jesus Christ. All of these marks want to so desperately be a part of the drama. It’s embarrassing.

25 minutes ago, nofuture said:

So what will this all be known as in wrestling lore?  The Press Scrum From Hell?

Somebody on Reddit called it the "Gripebomb," which got a chuckle outta me. 

Edited by christopher.annino
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

This card was perfectly fine.  I have few complaints other than it being really time to end Jade's streak and being in disbelief about why you wouldn't Brody the finish of Swerve In Our Glory / Acclaimed and put the belts on Bowden and Castor.   The crowd was white hot for them.  Let them hold onto the belts for 30 days and transition back to Lee and Strickland in a re-match on Dynamite.  The Acclaimed are in desperate need of a high-profile win and Sunday night was a golden opportunity.

Edited by J.T.

10 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

I take this to mean that Tony is folding the promotion, and issuing a press release saying "Thanks for ruining it PHIL"

Given recent reports for how Discovery plans on handling TBS/TNT, I don't see how AEW can exist on there with a decent time slot that isn't constantly preempted for both Dynamite and Rampage if TNT is going to become Turner Sports and they get shelved there between Baseball, Hockey, and Basketball. I'm sure there's a version that works, but I'm thinking there's a high chance of either there being a new tv network or no tv in the future even with the ratings being as strong as they are especially if WB-Discovery is being hesitant on any big content expenditures. 

Ace Steel is the runaway winner for hanger-on of the year. Like if one of your high school buddies showed up to visit you at college and then got into a fight that got the downtown bar district mass-pepper sprayed

But yeah, this is some real 1997 WWF stuff for important people in the promotion acting unprofessionally in the back. Looking forward to seeing if MJF could legit put Punk out with the sleeper to force the title change (I'm sure I've typed this before but when I was like 5, the concept of a sleeperhold terrified me)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The Women's Fourway was waaaay better than any four way should ever be- 100% because of Jamie Hayter and Britt Baker.  I love that they used the stipulations of the match to have Britt Baker slowly turn on Jamie Hayter.  That was good storytelling.  I like how that made Tony Storm winning not get slaughtered by the crowd because Jamie Hayter is the most over woman in AEW.  

• Like 3