DVDVR Message Board

All Out IV - 9/4/2022

Dolfan in NYC

40 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

See, this whole bullshit has blinded us so much that nobody has even brought up until now that Danielson channeled Rick Rude that night! 

The vote for Danielson is even bigger when you consider you can book him to wrestle even less as a champ if you wanted, thus maybe extending his shelf life (though if you consider his tendencies it probably balances out). 

I think Danielson was shouting out Hiroshi Hase with that hip swivel during the Indian Deathlock, but Rude is a good call too

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Shartnado said:

Why does this shit always happen after All Out? I mean the last time an AEW PPV thread had this much discussion was after Matt Hardy accidentally went splat during that Sammy match, right? And it's always for the wrong reasons, too!

...Oh, the MJF stuff probably had plenty of chatter too, so it's not just All Out, after all.

these are the AEW ones strictly off the top of my head

Dark Order beatdown on Dustin

Aubrey Edwards stealing spotlight from the wrestlers to get herself over

Jericho dadbod/shaq match/get the nba fans to watch

max caster suspension

cody leaving or going

mjf no showing a fanfest

aew picking up too many wwe cast offs around the time of andrade and others coming in for the 1st wave, then again when cole and punk and them made it in last year

fuck i'm outta touch with aew if those are the only ones i recall. i'm sure the doom & gloomers have got way more death knells that generated chatter they can point to

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Hayabusa said:

these are the AEW ones strictly off the top of my head

Dark Order beatdown on Dustin

Aubrey Edwards stealing spotlight from the wrestlers to get herself over

Jericho dadbod/shaq match/get the nba fans to watch

max caster suspension

cody leaving or going

mjf no showing a fanfest

aew picking up too many wwe cast offs around the time of andrade and others coming in for the 1st wave, then again when cole and punk and them made it in last year

fuck i'm outta touch with aew if those are the only ones i recall. i'm sure the doom & gloomers have got way more death knells that generated chatter they can point to

Every week we get a new Death Knell

• Like 2

Bobby Fish immediately going to 'God-fearing' when listing the Bucks' good qualities gives me the heebie jeebies and brings to mind Drake Younger's leering, bigoted orange face. No ever really refuted the rumours that Fish was also a QAnon C.H.U.D, did they?

• Like 7

At this point, they should start Dynamite with an homage to the opening of Rashomon and have some random-selected wrestlers telling each other overlapping/conflicting stories of the chain of events that led to Nick Jackson getting KTFO'd.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 9

3 minutes ago, SturmCRF said:

Bobby Fish immediately going to 'God-fearing' when listing the Bucks' good qualities gives me the heebie jeebies and brings to mind Drake Younger's leering, bigoted orange face. No ever really refuted the rumours that Fish was also a QAnon C.H.U.D, did they?

No, I think some people decided he must have just donated to that stuff by accident because they were enjoying his work at the time

• Haha 1

Latest from Fightful. More we hear, the likelier it sounds to me that Punk is done. 

A ton of news, backstage reactions to Punk/Elite situation
The latest on CM Punk, Ace Steel, Young Bucks and Kenny Omega.

It was confirmed to us that Ace Steel bit Kenny Omega, CM Punk threw punches, and a chair hit Nick Jackson in the eye. However, there are conflicting views on who started it. Some we spoke with believed that Punk should have expected to be confronted after the things he said. Another person said that Omega and Young Bucks aggressively approached the locker room in what Punk could have construed as a 3-on-1 attack. We're told that the situation went on for "about six minutes," with Brandon Cutler, Christopher Daniels and Pat Buck trying to diffuse the situation.

Thus far, none of the roster or media we've reached out to have admitted to hearing from Tony Khan since the melee happened. We were told by another person high up in the company to not expect to hear much officially in the day that followed due to possible legal issues. Fightful heard back from Hoffman Estates Police Department, who said "Hoffman States Police Department does not have any police reports, nor any documentation that police were requested, during AEW All Out event for anything that allegedly occurred backstage. The only police response at the event was regarding a family issue in the audience."

Almost unanimously, the talent that we've spoken to haven't been in favor of the way CM Punk handled things at all that evening. Even talent that typically would back Punk up either said that's not what they would have done, or haven't commented to us. 

We have heard the rumors of Punk sustaining an injury during the melee. The rumor has been echoed as "heard of" from people in the company, but we've not confirmed this. 

There are several wrestlers who are not sure of their creative for Wednesday's AEW Dynamite as a result of this. Several longtime AEW stars said they don't understand how Punk couldn't be let go after this. 

After we spoke on the Fightful post show about talent taking issue in the past about Hangman Page for working stiff, several readers tried to tie the two situations. We haven't heard of any connection, and we were told last year that Arn Anderson spoke with Page and let him know to lighten up. Page, even then, was generally well liked outside of that situation that saw a couple of wrestlers end up injured. We're told that wasn't connected to this, and that most thought Hangman Page and CM Punk got along well until this Spring.

There is some sympathy as it relates to MJF's return for some, but everyone was generally left in the dark regarding MJF's status for months and said it mirrored that of Punk winning the title in Vegas, and Wardlow beating him, but everyone speaking about MJF. Those we spoke to had not heard of any heat between MJF and Punk prior to Punk basically mentioning MJF as one of the stubborn kids he had to work with. 

Re: Fish, he filmed himself giving groceries to a homeless person to put himself over. That is scumbag material and a huge red flag so nothing surprised me after that. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I would LOVE to know what it looks like to be “aggressively” approached by the Young Bucks. The knock on those guys their whole career has been that they don’t look like they could hurt a fly, but yet they’ve got CM Punk and Ace Steel fighting for their lives on sight.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, porksweats said:

Moving on from all of this fallout and back to the event itself.

Who was the night's MVP?

Who was the night's LVP?

Edit: please stick to matches, not all this hooplah after

MVP was The Acclaimed 

LVP was...I dunno Sammy Guevara for almost killing Ruby twice?

• Like 5

Nothing in that screams Punk is going to be let go. If anything, this still sounds like the dumb as fuck "wrestling journalism" that is fanboys chasing their tails, clout chasing, or trying to type the most interesting wordz to get more attention than someone else. 

Also, no part of me thinks this is a work. If I were to guess, Steel gets released because he fucking bit someone and threw a chair at someone else and he's not even a worker there. Punk, the Bucks, and maybe even Kenny get pulled into a meeting with TK and maybe Jericho too where they're told enough is fucking enough and this bullshit isn't going to happen again. Top wrestlers having been throwing hands at each other for what feels like forever now. Having Jericho be in the meeting would just be for funny irony purposes considering the amount of other wrestlers he's fought over the years. No suspensions, just a final warning that this bullshit can't continue. Punk gets told to never to go off on that in a scrum ever again and if he wants to talk about that shit then do it on his own time. The Bucks get told to stop doing their cutesy bullshit in BTE to not fan the flames.

Everyone needs to get over the "but but but but he got into a fight with his bosses!" Nick and Matt aren't his bosses. The EVP designation is fucking meaningless. TK probably regrets the designation at this point. 

• Like 12