DVDVR Message Board

All Out IV - 9/4/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, TheVileOne said:

Time to stop acting like a bartender and start acting like a boss.

If that’s directed at me, yes I have a drinking problem and yes I nod while I pretend to listen to peoples problems. But I’m doing my best!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Octopus said:

I like to think of it like a game of Clue. Was it King Bookah in the Boiler Room with a Phone Call. OR Rene in Gorilla with a Text. OR Paige in the Locker Room with a Fax Machine.

Per Wikipedia:

The on-air personnel featured on WWE Backstage includes:[11]

Hosts
Renee Young
Booker T

Frequent contributors
Christian
Paige
CM Punk
Ember Moon
Mark Henry
Ryan Satin

I assume Booker still does some panel stuff for them or whatever. Satin doesn't count as talent. Everyone else is gone. 

Yes, I am Sherlock Holmes. 

1 minute ago, Octopus said:

If that’s directed at me, yes I have a drinking problem and yes I nod while I pretend to listen to peoples problems. But I’m doing my best!

Not at all directed at you Octopus. Tony Khan was talking about seeing himself as a bartender and someone who wants to service the fans and the wrestlers, but he talked about having a breaking point when people, including wrestlers, are slamming him publicly.

So I'm like saying Tony, it's time to step up and show some leadership here. You can't be a bartender and service these guys anymore. Now you have to be a boss and get this rotting shit under control.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Like it or love it, Punks persona will forever be tied to being pushed out of WWE for not wanting to do business their way. At the time we sided with him. We wanted justice for the 'indy darlings'.

I’m pretty sure Punk quit WWE, and wasn’t “pushed out”, but go off king.

• Like 3

Now I’m Frasier!

I find it interesting that Punk only took exception to Page when Kingston and MJF practically did the same promo. Armchair psychologist: It’s as if he knows he can cause a fuss at mellow Hangman and not hot tempered Kingston or snake tongue Maxwell. Hmmm. Thoughts, Niles?

EDIT: YOU BEAT ME TO IT @TheVileOne!!!

Edited by Octopus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pretty sure people are just mixing up Ace Steel with Larry. 

Damn, man. Some of you all get MAD about shit that happens at other peoples’ work. Chill. Just sit back and enjoy. We don’t have to go in tomorrow and be around any of these people. I love hearing about my friends’ work drama. But, even then, I have to feel bad if my friends are involved. I don’t know any of these people! It’s great!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Curt McGirt said:

Hey does anyone have a photo of Action Bronson at All Out? Someone on the chat had him looking "svelte" and that sounds interesting. Or wherever he showed up (I guess Hook appeared somewhere?) maybe I can find the footage. 

It’s from the pre show hook match he got in the ring for the finish so you should be able to google photos. 

7 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

He and Vince/Hunter clashed over his booking. They told him to do business or walk. It was an ultimatum.

Boiling the reason down to why Punk quit to “his booking” is a gross revision of history. And I’ve never seen it mentioned anywhere that he was given an ultimatum to either suck it up, or he can quit.

I get the point you’re trying to make but you’re twisting the story from back then to fit into what’s happening right now.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

The point I was making is that his leaving WWE was because of backstage issues related to how he and his friends were booked.

How he was booked. Period. He wanted to headline WrestleMania, and they wouldn't let him. I doubt Zack Ryder entered into the conversation.

• Like 1