DVDVR Message Board

All Out IV - 9/4/2022

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, southofheavy said:

I was under the impression that got Punk got asked about Colt Cabana right off the rip, so I was actually a little understanding about him going off. Then I watched Denise Salcedo's shoot of the presser and Punk served all that shit up without provocation.

Wait, what? I thought for sure someone asked him about Colt.

Here's the video. The guy does NOT ask about Colt, but Punk somehow knew he had previously done improv with Colt. Hence the following diatribe. And I thought my shitlist was long.

EDIT: Really seems like he was just looking for any excuse to rant about Cabana.

Edited by Dog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

First, the wrestling. The tag title match and the trios title match are very very high in my list of the most fun I had watching wrestling ever. Great storytelling in both matches, some absolutely fantastic and believable nearfalls and the crowd went nuts along the way. Both matches are strong contenders for my match of the year at this point. I really wanted to see Hangman, Silver and Reynolds get their moment at the top together. AEW is kinda stop and go with promoting their on-screen friendship and Silver and Reynolds sadly didn’t get to be much of a part of Hangmans title run which is a shame since they were responsible for some really heart-warming segment through the last years – all while always delivering the goods in the ring and getting super over with the fans. It's really depressing how Hangman’s stories always seem to start with failure. Silver, Reynolds and Hangman must be trios champions in the future.

Second, the drama. I love it. I became a wrestling fan as a young kid because I couldn’t distinguish the truth from the lie on my tv. Now, thanks to social media and the excessive supply of information from all sides the curtain call somewhat got reversed. Yes, there is a strong likelihood that we are watching a bunch of morons melting down before our very eyes … but there’s also a chance they are Andy Kaufman’ning this shit. Whatever, I'm all in.

Edited by MrKothoga
  • Like 6

To give you some background, the first guy, Nick whoever, asked at the last ppv scrum if CM Punk was the reason Colt was fired or relegated to ROH, to which Tony said, “no comment.”

This was Punk remembering that shit from before and knowing that Nick and Colt did a podcast together and did other work together. Nick nervously tried to backtrack by saying he and Colt didn’t see eye to eye. But that’s what kicked everything off.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

AEW in general seems out of control.  I still don’t believe the presser was an angle, but we will see.   I definitely don’t think all stories coming out of the company lately are false.

Overshadowed by the Punk drama is Tony being asked a fairly benign question about WWE running two big shows Labor Day weekend and going on an expletive-laden rant about how he wasn’t going to f*ckking take it anymore.  Dude needs a vacation.

Oh, and Toni Storm responded to another routine question about ThunderRosa’s injury by saying “ThunderRosa says she’s injured.”  Welp, that should put those rumors to bed

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Craig H said:

To give you some background, the first guy, Nick whoever, asked at the last ppv scrum if CM Punk was the reason Colt was fired or relegated to ROH, to which Tony said, “no comment.”

This was Punk remembering that shit from before and knowing that Nick and Colt did a podcast together and did other work together. Nick nervously tried to backtrack by saying he and Colt didn’t see eye to eye. But that’s what kicked everything off.

Ahhh, okay. Thanks for that. 

• Like 1

CM Punk saw Frankie Kazarian doing the Elite Hunter gimmick last year and said "hold my muffins". Who is gonna be Kofi & Xavier's third man against the Bucks & Omega since Big E is out injured, I wonder.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, southofheavy said:

I thought the same thing. In either cut of the presser, I don't hear a question about Colt. 

I heard Nick Hausman started things with Punk by asking him if he was friends with Scott Colton. Is that inaccurate?

14 minutes ago, madl said:

AEW in general seems out of control.  I still don’t believe the presser was an angle, but we will see.   I definitely don’t think all stories coming out of the company lately are false.

Overshadowed by the Punk drama is Tony being asked a fairly benign question about WWE running two big shows Labor Day weekend and going on an expletive-laden rant about how he wasn’t going to f*ckking take it anymore.  Dude needs a vacation.

Oh, and Toni Storm responded to another routine question about ThunderRosa’s injury by saying “ThunderRosa says she’s injured.”  Welp, that should put those rumors to bed

Seriously, he's really thin-skinned. Like he's taken his own shots at WWE before. If he really wants to be in competition with them and SHIFT THE BALANCE OF POWER IN WRESTLING, is he really going to get out of sorts when WWE competes and punches back? 

I'm sorry but WWE running an NXT event BEFORE All Out is nowhere near as egregious as putting NXT directly up against AEW Dynamite and trying to kill AEW's TV right off the bat. 

• Like 1

So in summation, BCC is the best thing in AEW. 
Regal, best podcast and great commentary.

Mox, fantastic run as interim title that was legitimized by that squash. I’m excited to see what he gets into next.

Danielson, regularly great matches. Interesting story with Jericho and Garcia. Solid match with Jericho. As usual, a match highlight in AEW.

Claudio, is Claudio. Just be Claudio. Claudio.

Yuta, went from young buddy to badass. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

It will all come out to be a diabolical plan by MJF. We'll get videos later of the following:

MJF stealing Hangman's phone and signing him up for Fightful Select.

MJF disguised as Bix at the back of the media scrum holding up a "Where's Colt Cabana?" sign.

MJF taping a sign on Kenny Omega that says "Bite if you love Steel Domain Wrestling!"

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

11 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

New tea leaves just dropped: Young Bucks have no bio on the bird site. 

It's probably hard to type a new bio for Twitter when you had a chair leg gouged into your eye. Maybe they can get Colt Cabana to do it, I hear he's looking for work.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Who are these media scrums either for and what is their purpose? I knew they had them but never watched. 

It gives TK another opportunity to hang out with the wrestlers in front of everyone.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

New tea leaves just dropped: Young Bucks have no bio on the bird site. 

They change their bio all the time. Look at their tweets, most of them just say New Bio!

Shit, they changed their bio live on Dynamite once.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I heard Nick Hausman started things with Punk by asking him if he was friends with Scott Colton. Is that inaccurate?

Other way around.  Punk walked in, picked out Hausman to ask the first question, then cut the guy off and started grilling him about if he knew Colton and was still in touch with Colton.  Hausman never did ask a question as Punk was off and running from that point.

i didn’t know Hausman brought up Cabana to Punk before, so that part makes a little more sense.

what’s the bird site?  I have no idea what that’s referencing.

Edited by madl
  • Like 1