DVDVR Message Board

All Out IV - 9/4/2022

Dolfan in NYC

4 minutes ago, Casey said:

F4WOnline implies that Omega bit Steel, unless I’m reading it wrong.

More details have emerged regarding an altercation between CM Punk, Ace Steel, Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks following the explosive Punk AEW All Out post-event press conference.

Punk didn't mention the Bucks or Omega by name in his pointed comments, but mentioned issues with the executive vice presidents of which the Bucks' Matt & Nick Jackson are along with Omega.

According to multiple sources that lined up with some of Fightful's reporting, there was a fight backstage afterward with Punk allegedly starting things by swinging fists at the Bucks' Matt Jackson. Punk trainer/friend and AEW producer Steel (part of the storyline that got Punk into Sunday's Jon Moxley match) threw a chair that hit the Bucks' Nick Jackson in the eye. Omega was also involved with Steel (Chris Guy) grabbing his hair and biting him.

As of this writing, no one involved, nor AEW, has commented publicly about the alleged incident, part of which is due to potential legal issues.

It really could be either way - my reaction was it was Steel biting Omega but who knows

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, chriskbrown50 said:

Jericho - love or hate him - and Moxley (same) are having great years - career years. Jericho should not be this good at his age. 

I didn't see the PPV but it's a shame that show outside of the main event is going to be overshadowed by the backstage drama. Hearing Jericho speak about how he enjoyed the match and not going over the match beforehand and winging it out there makes me want to see that the most.

Reading about Ace Steele in that backstage altercation right after I just watched a clip from Rene Duprees podcast with Masada , Paul London and Rene talking about how much of a politician CM Punk is and how he was really a coward when it came time confront people, it seems Punk is the common denominator most likely. 

I can see with Punk having legit MMA training now at this point in his life he probably believes he is a legit tough guy compared to most guys today who don't even bother to have that reputation and because Punk considers himself a student of the Old school Era because he got to be around Harley and work and share a locker room with Tracy Smothers and Terry Funk and people like that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

It really could be either way - my reaction was it was Steel biting Omega but who knows

Steel is what Punk nicknamed the chair he used to concerto Bucks & Omega with in quick succession. Hence the understandable confusion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, A_K said:

Steel is what Punk nicknamed the chair he used to concerto Bucks & Omega with in quick succession. Hence the understandable confusion. 

That sentence sounds just as plausable as the "reported" events.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Big Z said:

That sentence sounds just as plausable as the "reported" events.

The ancestral steel chair, passed down from one concussed grumpy middle aged Chicago man to the next. Not to be trifled with.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

The neckbeard dude who appears to be in a tool shed somewhere filming from his camera phone, peeking out from under his beanie while talking about Punk being an amateur ?  Oh my god, if Punk has the carnies riled up to this extent he is now good in my books. 

• Like 3

To change the subject to Tony's other bestie Sammy Guevara, apologies if this has been posted but like yeah, nah...I don't see how you can justify another intergender match anytime soon. I don't really want to purely blame Guevara, Soho needs to learn to say no to stupid shit, and probably the agent needs a biting somewhere sensitive for agreeing that spot. It's possible Melo was supposed to do something else, but whatever this is no fucking good.

• Like 1

WWE: Vince being outed as a sexual predator who uses company cash for his liaisons and hush money and has to step down is the biggest story of the year.

AEW: Hold my beer.

Welcome back, 1997. We missed you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SprintingFromAmerica said:

To change the subject to Tony's other bestie Sammy Guevara, apologies if this has been posted but like yeah, nah...I don't see how you can justify another intergender match anytime soon. I don't really want to purely blame Guevara, Soho needs to learn to say no to stupid shit, and probably the agent needs a biting somewhere sensitive for agreeing that spot. It's possible Melo was supposed to do something else, but whatever this is no fucking good.

I didn’t see that match. No idea how the bump is supposed to be taken correctly but it looks like Sami is maybe supposed to spin a bit so Ruby lands safely? Instead, he does a dismissive toss to heel it up. Like he’s trying to wrestle n character and got caught up in not doing a spot right.

I could be completely and fully off though.

• Like 1

Someone pointed out to me how it feels like the people who have stuck with wrestling after the last boom period aren’t watching for the wrestling, but for the manifestations of the backstage drama therein, and to pick it apart and try to feel like we’re part of it.

After the happenings of last night, I haven’t been able to refute it, and realized that if I spent money on that show only for the most talked-about part of it to run on a presser that runs for free on YouTube, I would be mad.

In any case; what a shitshow. AEW definitely feels like it’s lost it’s magic, and who knows where this backstage mess will lead. Probably another late WCW situation.

• Like 3

Just to put a bow on something - WON has updated their story to make it clear that Steel was the one who bit Omega

This is the updated blurb

According to multiple sources that lined up with some of Fightful's reporting, there was a fight backstage afterward with Punk allegedly starting things by swinging fists at the Bucks' Matt Jackson. Punk trainer/friend and AEW producer Steel (part of the storyline that got Punk into Sunday's Jon Moxley match) threw a chair that hit the Bucks' Nick Jackson in the eye. Steel (Chris Guy) allegedly bit Omega and grabbed his hair.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

So the guy who has been backstage for the past 2.5 years and only recently comes back on TV in a relatively prominent role is the one who effectively commits career suicide by biting his boss in a backstage fight?

Unless that guy is Marty Jannetty, nah, I ain't buying it.

Have you seen Ace Steel's eyes? He's got the eyes of a man who will bite you no regrets. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

So the guy who has been backstage for the past 2.5 years and only recently comes back on TV in a relatively prominent role is the one who effectively commits career suicide by biting his boss in a backstage fight?

Tensions were high, brother 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

In which version of the story does Ace Steel bite Tony Khan? Did someone throw a piano in that version too? 

PWInsider says Ace Steel got involved with the fight because his wife was in the vicinity of the altercation and watching over Punk's dog Larry. Those taking Punk's side believe it was wrong for The Elite to corner Punk in his locker room like that.

PWInsider also said that Omega did not get physically involved. Take it for what you will.

I can see Omega not getting involved in a fracas. He seems like too mellow and laid back to get so hot he'd fight someone backstage and get physical over wrestling BS, if that makes any sense.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1

Im leaning HEAVILY towards work. All of the elements are too similar to Shawn & Bret to be a coincidence. But for a second let's just go down the rabbit hole of it being a shoot. If it were a shoot, how in the world could AEW ever be taken seriously again. Guys jump back in forth in this business to make more money for themselves. If any of this is true and real, what WWE person would want to dive into all this chaos? The stability afforded by working for WWE vs the absolute wild west shit show AEW would be (if this is true) would be a turn off to anyone trying to make any real money for themselves.

I just think TK is all in on this new meta kayfabe. The MJF stuff was clearly all a work. The Punk stuff seems to be a work. Even the Malachai Black waving and saying goodbye stuff smells like a work. He's all in on this kind of whatever we sell the backstage reality as you better play your fucking part and keep the kayfabe of it without breaking. And it's a bold new strategy. It's either going to pay off in a wild nWo-spark like way, or crash and burn horrendously... in a wild nWo-like way. I'm here for whatever side of the fence this all lands on lol.

I just wish Dynamite was on tonight. How wild would that be??

• Like 8