DVDVR Message Board

All Out IV - 9/4/2022

Dolfan in NYC

17 minutes ago, sabremike said:

I find it hard to believe that Tony just decided to get rid of just about the most liked guy on the roster for no reason. Wasn't just those three who were fuming about it. When it happened why didn't Tony call his EVP's and explain why he did it? Nothing about this makes sense.

Afaik the details of that never really came out. Like I kind of read it as colts contract expired and he wasn’t being used so he wasn’t going to be re signed, and then his popularity got him one of those special roh deals even though there’s no guaranteed future for that. If I’m wrong I’m wrong but I thought there wasn’t any word that he was let go or fired. 

• Like 1

I mean this was a major question when CM Punk signed with AEW. Punk said himself, "I don't have a problem with anyone in that locker room." Did he mean in the locker room that night or just AEW in general? 

And now here we are a year later. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

Lmao the no-selling She Hulk Cargill thing made me lol too. Good thing TK is only in bed with Game of Thrones and carny online gambling, if Marvel.were a sponsor they'd have had a shitfit. 

“CM Punk went from Professor X to Quicksilver!”

”Adam Page, what a Cyclops!”

”More like Thonosarus!”

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

It occurred to me when Samoa Joe came out that he's the television champion of a promotion that has no television which is maybe why he hasn't been on television 

Didn't they just say he finished filming for Twisted Metal and could be returning soon

Him, and Miro I think is the other guy, just wrapped filming some tv/streaming stuff like in the last 3 months as best as my shitty memory might recall?

Who's got the updated injury list? Wasn't Mercedes out with the UE guys and couple others. I thinking that's why the ROH Women's champ has also been offscreen? Forgive my shitty memory, just clocked out 1/2 hour ago 

6 minutes ago, matt925 said:

Afaik the details of that never really came out. Like I kind of read it as colts contract expired and he wasn’t being used so he wasn’t going to be re signed, and then his popularity got him one of those special roh deals even though there’s no guaranteed future for that. If I’m wrong I’m wrong but I thought there wasn’t any word that he was let go or fired. 

I also can't understand how Tony (if it was his call) didn't understand how not renewing Colt's deal could open up a really bad can of worms.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Yeah it's not working for me on da phone same with the next/previous page. Thank you for saving me brudda. 

It’s like 50/50 for me. Sometimes I need to delete some of the end text after the = but that doesn’t always work. I can almost never get instagram posts to work anymore

Yeah I'm somehow still awake too. But it's not just all this HOT GOSS, it's because I'm also coming up with concepts like Danhausen either pissing off or scaring Penta that he brings back The Master... VAMPIRO. 

But then there are also thoughts like HHH sitting home with Steph laughing and saying "I told you he was always like that! Wasn't he? I mean I know you weren't around him much but really!" And then Vince the next couch over chortling over his scotch "Welcome to the big leagues kid! This is why I always kept 'em under a very big heel."

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, matt925 said:

How the hell does an ROH contract even work? They did a show in April. A show in July and in between then, they run all their ROH angles and TV matches ON AEW PROGRAMMING!

2 minutes ago, sabremike said:

I also can't understand how Tony (if it was his call) didn't understand how not renewing Colt's deal could open up a really bad can of worms.

Because he’s from the cutthroat world of the NFL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

How the hell does an ROH contract even work? They did a show in April. A show in July and in between then, they run all their ROH angles and TV matches ON AEW PROGRAMMING!

I like to think of it as AEW but slightly worse catering. 

EDIT: the holy grail! A triple post!

Edited by Octopus
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I think it’s like a special way of signing someone you want to pay and keep around and they are just kind of floating there though. Like cabana got a special deal here, he wasn’t being used on dynamite or rampage but he’s still getting paid and roh may not become a thing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, matt925 said:

I think it’s like a special way of signing someone you want to pay and keep around and they are just kind of floating there though. Like cabana got a special deal here, he wasn’t being used on dynamite or rampage but he’s still getting paid and roh may not become a thing. 

No offense to Cabana, but isn't that like flushing money down the toilet? You're going to pay a guy six figures maybe just to stay at home and or just chat with people backstage but tell him to steer clear of CM Punk? And then maybe wrestle on one show every few months?