DVDVR Message Board

All Out IV - 9/4/2022

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Punk scarfing pastry while talking mad shit... As Dean tends to say, AEW rules the motherfucking world. 

TK: “I’ve got more fucking money than the Crocketts and I’m not going to fucking take this shit for much longer!”

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Jesus. Tony Khan looks so fucking uncomfortable. This feels like such a moving target though. How could any of the EVPs been responsible or what were they responsible for? I don't quite get it. Or is Punk conflating Hangman as being an EVP?

This is such a work. Long term storytelling. Colt leaves the Dark Order and sides with MJF to attack CM Punk. CM Punk needs a partner, Hangman. Will they be able to coexist? No. Title changed hands in tag match. Colt is champion and uses Shawn Spears as his lackey. Punk vs Hangman. MJF threatens to buy another plane ticket. Takes months off. Is the Joker again, surprise attacks Colt. Spears chases him off. Who can MJF get as a tag partner to challenge for the World Heavyweight champion? Wardlow. Can they coexist? No. Shawn Spears is new champion. Colt is jealous and sues for the title. Wardlow and MJF fight for who gets to buy a plane ticket and get a vacation. In the court case they both need lawyers. Spear’s lawyer? Hangman. Colt’s lawyer? CM Punk. Both got their law degrees by this point. Colt wins the case. But he didn’t know in the contract he had to pay with his newly won title. CM Punk is three times champ. Hangman and Spears both get a plane ticket. They’re out for a few months. Colt now needs to pay his legal bills and helps start a wrestling t-shirt business. Sports Entertainment Tees. He’s a big seller and does his best to hustle and get back on his feet. He hates his lawyer very much. The hard work Colt puts in inspires a misfit group of young wrestlers. The lil Deers who start to sell their own shirts at Hot Topic, Kevin Alpha who makes waves for his work in All Japan, Marvin Skull (we don’t talk about Marvin), and Guillotine Gary who is a young former teacher turned executioner. Their YouTube show, Being The Ultimate is a huge hit! David Finlay joins it, he’ll eventually get a neck tattoo and people will turn on him but that doesn’t happen yet. It inspires son of Zygi Wilf, Minnesota Vikings  owner, Tony Wilf to start a company with still relevant Chris Jericho and recently released AEW tough guy who hasn’t been used well, Adam Cole, and of course these young lil Deers. The goal is to take on the long time wrestling monopoly AEW and the evil poor booking of Tony Khan. This company will be called, New Ultimate Wrestling. Or, NUW. They help Colt out and give him a job. The first few years, NUW slowly gains traction and has a great partnership with Vice TV. The beloved ragtag team, reluctantly lead by Guillotine Gary as he relearns friendship after things go haywire with The Ultimate, called The Light Harmony even has Colt in it! We all fear the Vice-VH1 merger, but things are fine. They just require more Bon Jovi based theme music. A few years in and the second episode of the second NUW show, NUW Berserk, has a hush hush but not secret debut of the popular CM Punk. Uh oh, we coincidentally want less Light Harmony and specifically less Colt now. Let’s kinda break them up and release some of them. We’ll put Colt on the newly acquired, PWG. Guillotine Gary beats Kevin Ultimate and we all cry tears of joy. Ok run, I liked it but others thought it could have been better. CM Punk vs Guillotine Gary!!! Gary goes off script and low key defends Colt. Punk is mad. Beats him, injures his foot, is out for a while, comes back, and shoots on him on the mic real good. Drama ensues and this adds to Punk vs interim champ Adam Cole or something. Punk gets squashed by Cole and his fucking super tough guy knees fuck yeah. Rematch? Why not! Mostly Out 4 instead of tv this time? Why not! CM Punk wins? Who will be the challenger? Colt Cabana. Fifty years in the making. Book it, Tony!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, HumanChessgame said:

While The Acclaimed winning the belts would have been a massive pop, I don't think anyone could have forseen the match being that good or The Acclaimed being that over. Swerve and Lee just won the belts less than two months ago so this would have been pretty quick to have them drop the belts. Short of calling an audible mid-match based on the reaction I think having the champs retain was the right choice. With how good the match was you can find a way to hype up a rematch, have it in somewhere The Acclaimed have more of a hometown connection, and then have them win the belts there.

Because why would I ever buy a PPV again?

• Like 1

From “the joker” to that shoot voicemail that’s was some lame shit. Combined with all the disappointing outcomes that was a bummer of a show. The trios and tag championship matches were outstanding though. And now all this stuff after, yikes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The whole scrum is way more theatrical than usual. Tony really went off at the end:

"There's people that have said things ... people who work here ... slammed me blatantly in public, and there's only so much of it that I'll take."

Brandon Thurston asked about numbers, and Tony said it probably won't beat last year's All Out because it's the third big wrestling show this weekend.

"When the fight is brought, I'll continue bringing fights of my own, and I have unique ways to do that, and a lot of money to fight with. This is not a game to me. This is my life. This is not a joke, and I take it really seriously."

"I have a lot more fucking money than Jim Crockett did, and I'm not going to sit back and take this fucking shit."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Dog said:

The whole scrum is way more theatrical than usual. Tony really went off at the end:

"There's people that have said things ... people who work here ... slammed me blatantly in public, and there's only so much of it that I'll take."

Anybody still have their marker down on "Tony becomes an on-screen character in X number of months"? Your day may be coming! 

• Like 2

There were some good matches and two fantastic matches on this show but the most entertaining thing was Punk at the scrum. He is the King of Hating. Holy shit. Fightful reporting that Omega and the Bucks were threatening to walk out over it. Incredible stuff. This is who Punk has always been from all we've heard through the years. Now you've got two massive money matches in Punk vs. Omega and the Hangman rematch. 

I get that people get bonuses for being on PPVs and you want to keep talent happy (lol), but these marathon shows are a drag. Way too long. 6, 7 matches tops. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

Maybe stop putting the belt on CM Punk until he learns to stop being a whiny bitch? I dunno, just a thought. Dude took like 10 years off from the business and learned absolutely nothing.

If the Bucks and Paige confronted him and beat the crap out of him after that I'd be perfectly fine with it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sabremike said:

If the Bucks and Paige confronted him and beat the crap out of him after that I'd be perfectly fine with it.

I don’t know what really happened and I don’t have a dog in the fight, but if punk had nothing to do with what happened with colt, and all of a sudden we started hearing about backstage drama with wrestlers blaming punk for it, and that erroneously came from page, I’d say he has a right to be pissed. Obviously im not there and know none of these people, but those reports all came out. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Casey said:

TK: “I’ve got more fucking money than the Crocketts and I’m not going to fucking take this shit for much longer!”

Just got to that point in the presser, wow. Between his comments about the locker room in recent days and this, this is a Tony Khan I can get behind. Where's the desk I need to stand on? OH CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN!

• Like 3

CM Punk:

Despite having being crowned the new AEW World Heavyweight Champion at All Out, an annoyed and frankly pissed off CM Punk didn’t mince his words at a press conference afterwards.

Punk addressed his reported issues with Colt Cabana, ‘Hangman’ Adam Page, MJF and even the AEW Executive Vice-Presidents.

Rumours have circulated that due to Punk’s falling out with Cabana (Scott Colton) years ago Cabana was reassigned to Ring of Honor instead of continuing as part of the Dark Order in AEW.

After Tony Khan denied that was the case at the press conference Punk himself finally broke his silence on the situation.

“I haven’t had anything to do with Scott Colton in almost a decade, probably haven’t wanted anything to do with him even longer than that. It’s f—–g unfortunate that I have to speak on this when I’m on my time and this is a f—–g business. I’m a grown ass adult man and if I decide not to be friends with somebody it is nobody else’s f—–g business. But, if I fall backwards my friends will catch me. Scott Colton, I felt never would have,” he began.

Punk then gave his side of the story that has been buzzing around for months.

My problem was I wanted to bring a guy with me to the top that did not want to see me at the top. You can call it jealousy. You can call it envy. Whatever the f–k it is, my relationship with Scott Colton ended long before I paid all of his bills. I have every receipt. I have every invoice. I have every email. I have the email where he says and I quote…’I agree to go our separate ways. I will get my own lawyer and you do not have to pay any more.’ That’s an email that I have. The only reason the public did not see it is because when I finally had to counter-sue him through discovery we discovered he shared a bank account with his mother. That’s a fact,” said Punk.

Punk claims that when they subpoenaed Cabana’s mother, Cabana wanted to drop the case immediately.

“Now, it’s 2022. I haven’t been friends with this guy since at least 2014, late 2013 and the fact that I have to sit up here, because we have irresponsible people who call themselves EVPs yet they couldn’t f—–g manage a Target and they spread lies and b——t and put into the media that I got somebody fired when I have f–k all to do with him. I want nothing to do with him. I do not care where he works or where he doesn’t work, where he eats, where he sleeps. The fact that I have to get up here and do this in 2022 is f—–g embarrassing,” he continued.

“It’s his f—–g funeral. I don’t care. He shares a bank account with his mother that tells you all you need to know about what kind of character that is,” he said of Cabana.

Punk then criticized ‘Hangman’ Adam Page for his role in what happened. Hangman cut a personal promo on Punk on AEW television in August. Punk, then fired back.

“What did I ever do in this world to get to deserve an empty-headed, f—–g dumb f–k like ‘Hangman’ Adam Page to go out on national television and f—–g go into business for himself? For what? What did I ever do? I didn’t do a goddamn thing!” he said.

He would rip Page even more later on as Tony Khan sat beside him looking uncomfortable.

We have a locker room full of pretty brilliant minds like Jerry Lynn, Dean Malenko and Mark Henry. Our locker room, for all the wisdom and brilliance it has, isn’t worth s–t when you have an empty-headed idiot who’s never done anything in the business do public interviews and say, ‘I don’t really take advice’. Who the f–k do you think you are? You know, that’s stupid. I’m on a team with Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa and I don’t need to I don’t need to work on my swing? You say you are not going listen to these guys and you’re telling ME how to swing a baseball bat? Go f–k yourself! That’s how I feel about it. I dare you to f—–g say that to Terry Funk’s face. ‘I don’t need to listen to you, Mr. Funk. I know what I’m doing. F——g grow up!” he advised.

Punk then moved on to slam the AEW Executive Vice-Presidents which consist of Kenny Omega, Nick and Matt Jackson.

“There’s people who call themselves EVPs that should have f—–g known better. This s–t was none of their business. I understand sticking up for your f—–g friends. I f—–g get it. I stuck up for that guy (Colton) more than anybody. I paid his bills until I didn’t and it was my decision not to…When somebody (Page) who hasn’t done a damn thing in this business, jeopardizes the first million dollar house that this company has ever drawn off of my back and goes on national television and does that, it’s a disgrace to this industry. It’s a disgrace to this company. Now, we’re far beyond apologies. I gave him a f—–g chance. It did not get handled and you saw what I had to do, which is very regrettable, lowering myself to his f—–g level but that’s where we’re at right now,” he said apologizing to the press in attendance saying he was hurt, old, tired and he has to “work with children”.

Later in the press conference Punk reiterated his frustration with AEW management.

“I’ll tell you why I’m upset about it is because if you’re an EVP you don’t try to meddle with your top babyface and try to get your niche audience that’s on the internet to hate him for some made up b——t. It is stepping on your own dick while trying to make money, sell tickets and fill arenas. These stupid guys think they’re in Reseda,” he said.

Punk went on to rip into some of the younger AEW talent like MJF.

“I’m tired of wrestling these pricks. I’m tired of wrestling these kids that think they they know everything but I’m not the boss. I guess I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it. I think Max (Maxwell Jacob Friedman – MJF) is a supremely talented individual but this goes for him and anybody else in the locker room that doesn’t want to be here. The grass is not greener on the other side. The grass is greener where you water it and Max likes to you know, s–t where he eats instead of watering the grass,” he said.

Punk then commented on the backstage drama in AEW.

“It’s just so much drama and turmoil going on. I like to believe in the place I work. We do have a very, very strong roster. We have we have a lot of brilliant minds backstage so if young talents are willing to actually listen and receive advice and information, I honestly think the sky is the limit for AEW,” said a hopeful Punk.

Credit: slamwrestling.net.

4 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Just got to that point in the presser, wow. Between his comments about the locker room in recent days and this, this is a Tony Khan I can get behind. Where's the desk I need to stand on? OH CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN!

I love it too. While he does have the money, he doesn't have the network sway yet so what's he going to do? 

Still can't believe he didn't say anything about Punk shitting on the EVPs but TK doesn't want to get on Punk's bad side. 

12 minutes ago, matt925 said:

I don’t know what really happened and I don’t have a dog in the fight, but if punk had nothing to do with what happened with colt, and all of a sudden we started hearing about backstage drama with wrestlers blaming punk for it, and that erroneously came from page, I’d say he has a right to be pissed. Obviously im not there and know none of these people, but those reports all came out. 

I find it hard to believe that Tony just decided to get rid of just about the most liked guy on the roster for no reason. Wasn't just those three who were fuming about it. When it happened why didn't Tony call his EVP's and explain why he did it? Nothing about this makes sense.

• Like 2