DVDVR Message Board

All Out IV - 9/4/2022

Dolfan in NYC

4 minutes ago, EVA said:

Skimming people’s likes on Twitter is so lame.

Agreed, but in the screenshot above, it's a case where Twitter pushes you a tweet that someone you follow Liked.  

It's a good feature, like when you follow that hot guy who you had a good interaction with, but then suddenly find out he's liking "questioning the narrative" content, and pro-incel stuff,  and anti-trans stuff, and it's like.... oh nooooooope. 

Anyway what were we talking about...

• Like 7
  • Sad 3

13 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

Where's the Riho push? How dare ye Tony. Book Riho to pin Jon Moxley and she wins the AEW World title. 

New boom period.

AEW was more fun when Riho was champ. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Agreed, but in the screenshot above, it's a case where Twitter pushes you a tweet that someone you follow Liked.  

It's a good feature, like when you follow that hot guy who you had a good interaction with, but then suddenly find out he's liking "questioning the narrative" content, and pro-incel stuff,  and anti-trans stuff, and it's like.... oh nooooooope. 

Anyway what were we talking about...

Well, that got dark.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Where's the Riho push? How dare ye Tony. Book Riho to pin Jon Moxley and she wins the AEW World title. 

New boom period.

Isn't she having visa issues supposedly?

On 8/28/2022 at 8:37 AM, matt925 said:

Yes, there is still no officially advertised main event although Dave says mox vs punk is locked in. Super weird build man. 

I hope the work it like a 1975 NWA title match where Mox spends 45 minutes working a spinning toe hold also looking forward to the Meteor vs Manatee match!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
3 hours ago, zendragon said:

I hope the work it like a 1975 NWA title match where Mox spends 45 minutes working a spinning toe hold also looking forward to the Meteor vs Manatee match!

... I wonder what Super Delfin is doing right now.

11 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Do you think people are going to be mad or disappointed that there hasn't been enough story to build this one up? Lucky for me, I am.somehow managing to get excited about Eddie Kingston vs Tomohiro Ishii anyway.

I wonder if they'll go full-on Kingston's Road Style again.

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m not as against Eddie going apeshit with King’s Road when he’s working with Japanese talent as some, but I think his best AEW work has been against former WWE talent where there’s a theoretical contrast in styles and card positioning that often makes magic. The AJPW stuff seems to make him happy, so if he has to get it out of his system to some extent to incorporate it in a more restrained way in other matches that’s fine. 

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
10 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I mean, there's also 11 matches and no main event.

Excuse me, I was led to believe that every match was a main event in any arena in the country!

Further, that they'd sell me the seat but I only need the edge!

Which sounds very uncomfortable, really, I do like the entirety of the seat. Though I guess it explains why so many people facing the hard cam side at AEW shows stand up all the time. Lots of people sitting on the edge of their seats breathing down their necks. Sheesh. Talk about invasive!

... I have no end for this bit, so I take a small curtsy.