DVDVR Message Board

UFC 278: Usman vs. Edwards II (08/20/2022) - Salt Lake City, UT (Vivint Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

Just now, Craig H said:

Wow. They're in the shape of two old uncles getting in a fight at a BBQ.

Fighting in high elevation will do that to you.

That said, that was highly entertaining.

When do you get a Headcase vs. Headcase battle this good? Compellingly awful. Awfully compelling. I hope Luke takes weird fights with non-striking combat sport medalists around the world instead of retiring, Kazakh Greco dudes and South Korean arm wrestlers and shit. I hope Paulo Costa gets a fight against somebody really good offa this and gets murked.

I was (am?) drinking so much Laphroaig that I thought for like an entire round that this was some lame ESPN+ card and that this was the main, and that's a compliment.

Edited by John E. Dynamite

FaqOgZZWQAETLR1?format=jpg&name=large

That's the Knockout of the Year. Leon Edwards headkick KO in round 5 to the UFC Welterweight Champion and P4P #1, Kamaru Usman in a fight Edwards was losing. It tops Weili Zhang's spinning back fist on Joanna Jędrzejczyk, Molly McCann's spinning elbow to Luana Carolina and my previous #1 in Michael Chandler's front kick to Tony Ferguson.

• Like 2

That was one of the absolute best moments ever. Absolutely incredible. Din Thomas said he was broken. His body language as shameful going into the fifth. And it looked like nothing was going to change. And then it was lightning. Joe Rogan said it best  - It was like it wasn't real. I just stared at it thinking "that's odd. Usman is on the ground. what is happening?"

• Like 2