DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 8/17/2022

The Natural

Not sure why we're getting Mox v Punk next week, but I'll get to see it live. Wondering what the All Out main even will be or if the match will end in shennanigans (MJF's gotta come back at some point, right?)

Kenny looked... not good. I hope this is storyline came back too early and he ditches the Quackenbush shirt soon.

• Like 8

Speaking of All Out, what a giant waste of #FTR and Was slow vs. Jay Lethal/Sonjay Dutt/Satnam Singh. #FTR should be going for the AEW World Tag Team Championship and Was slow defending the TNT Championship there. 

I'm keeping that autocorrect in.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

FaaCKtnWIAMmYYS?format=png&name=900x900

Unexpected destination rather than All Out. Punk vs. Page II at All Out? If I had my way, it would be CM Punk vs. Bryan Danielson.

Cm Punk vs Adam Cole at ALL OUT.

Was it me or were there twice as many commercial breaks tonight? 

I think Taz is going to old yellar Jim Ross on air pretty soon. Ross makes me want to change the channel. Beyond the pale awful and is getting worse somehow. 

I do not understand the logic of giving away mox and punk for free with a ppv in two weeks. But okay cool. Punk seemed like he was in heel mode so I wouldn't be surprised to see him cheat to maintain the gold next week. 

The pop for Kenny was incredible and I'm so happy he's back. The shirt is weird and sad. He looks in great shape. Is it to help with the brace? Is it to emphasize he's not back back? Friend sent a pic of flair and Andrade together saying it was Omega and Andrade. I do enjoy him both selling and being really hurt and it actually being part of the psychology of the match and tournament moving forward. May need to drop the You Can't Escape tho. Dragon Lee bumping for a contract and I hope he gets it. Do not have a single fucking clue why you wouldn't keep him w LFI and why you'd tack it on w no time left. Dumb. Really good match but tame compared to what they would've done 5 years ago. 

I will have to watch Danielson and Garcia from the fite feed because the commercials made it impossible to get invested in it.

Rest of the show, like last week, was just there or bad. Plz stop. 

• Like 1

Just now, John from Cincinnati said:

Hangman was called out by name tonight and is at the top of the latest rankings. Unless they're gonna rush an MJF return two weeks before the PPV, it's gonna be Page.

So weird because they'd sell a lot more ppvs I imagine with Moxley vs. Punk. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

Speaking of All Out, what a giant waste of #FTR and Was slow vs. Jay Lethal/Sonjay Dutt/Satnam Singh. #FTR should be going for the AEW World Tag Team Championship and Was slow defending the TNT Championship there. 

I'm keeping that autocorrect in.

I assumed FTR/Wardlow vs. Lethal & Company would be for the Cleveland show so Wardlow's hometown could see him powerbomb a giant dude. I don't know why FTR v Swerve in Our Glory isn't happening when they should've beat Jurassic Express at Full Gear. I assumed the original plan was a Hardys nostalgia run, but FTR's gotta win the belts sooner rather than later, I'm pretty sure they've been #1 ranked team since April and haven't gotten a shot. 

• Like 4

Moggsley came up a bit short in that mic duel. A bit of a weak pull apart followed. And later another mild attempt. I don't really need any further steam for the Title bout anyway.  EDIT: Shouldn't have posted on a sideglancing. The opening segment was great.

Edited by HarryArchieGus

I did joke that Danielson would fight Jericho with Garcia's soul on a pole  match when Daniel joined JAS.

I'm excited. Still really confused by the title booking tho. Wouldn't make sense to do a big bcc vs JAS blowoff w Kingston and Guevara in a singles match. Should do a NJPW gauntlet style match when they do end up blowing it off. 

Lots of Straight Shootin! in the opening there. Bryan/Garcia ruled as expected. Loved that we at least got a DRAGON CHOP! from Steamboat. 

Horrible choice by the Gunn Club but good for the Acclaimed to reunite with Daddy Ass. Surprised at just how quick the Blondes got absolutely squashed. 

KiLynn King looked great in her short match with Toni. Great to see Kenny back and a fun main event.

Seems bizarre to do Punk/Moxley next week as that feels like the big money match right now, so it definitely had me thinking of MJF. Rushing back to Punk/Hangman all of a sudden would seem even stranger to me. All Out card seems to be coming together weirder than most with this and then having Wardlow/FTR in a trios tag. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Might be they're prioritizing the TV show over the PPV. Oh well, not my money. 

TV deal negotiations are up in the fall, right? I'm ready for them to give this away for free and still not crack a million viewers.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Might be they're prioritizing the TV show over the PPV. Oh well, not my money. 

4 minutes ago, hobo joe said:

TV deal negotiations are up in the fall, right? I'm ready for them to give this away for free and still not crack a million viewers.

I'm happy AEW only does four or five PPV a year as it allows for PPV level matches on TV. In my Best Ever AEW Matches list, the majority of it is made up of TV matches whereas in my WWE version I'm working on, few if any TV matches would make it.

• Like 1

Kenny returning was great though if he's merely acting like this instead of truly hurting for the sake of the story of the tournament then cool.  If that's real shit then I could have waited a couple/few months if it meant the Kenny of old.  But considering how he likes to do things I'm leaning towards it being for story purposes.

But the two main takeaways involved two people I had the pleasure of meeting.  Kilyn King I met in May and were talking about all the AEW women she would love to wrestle.  As soon as I mentioned Toni her eyes lit up and you could tell she wanted that so bad.  About halfway through the match I thought back to that and had the biggest goddamn smile.  Really fun match.  Oh, and while I didn't mention particular areas of the internet I did mention there's been growing support for her and wishing to see her signed with AEW.  She said if I know anybody to let them know thank you very much and she hopes for that to happen one day.  I can easily think of a few here.  ?

The other person is Daniel Garcia.  The guy was humble and genuinely appreciative of the compliments and I meant every bit when I said I look forward to seeing him as champ.  We also had a chill conversation about the Bills and Ravens which was just grand.  I still very much see him as champ and tonight was a major step forward.  Shit, even though Danielson will still crush it I saw it as a passing of the torch.  The match was some high art that I can't wait to see again and again.  And no matter if he won or lost Daniel Garcia is a goddamn motherfucking made man.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2