DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 8/17/2022

The Natural

'Road To' was hot shit this week. The Danielson-Garcia build is perfection! I look forward to the very well earned return of Kylinn King. Always been a fan. Thrilled to have Kenny Omega back for not only his fantastic ring skills but also for his (aquired-taste-)hilarity. I love that his first night back is against goddamn Andrade, Rush, and fucking Draogon Lee! I will dearly miss Don if this is a babyface run. Any chance Khan sprung for 'Sirius' (by the Alan Parsons Project) to make Steamboat look like he was 'perhaps the greatest wrestler who ever lived?' Hoping to see a couple chops! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Log said:

Jim Ross leading an evil biscuit-loving heel faction against Takeshita and his merry band of Cinnabon lovers?

Please don't force me to side with JR over Lard Lad!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Please don't force me to side with JR over Lard Lad!

I don't know.  Country ham biscuit and maybe a Bojangles Steak biscuit is better than Cinnabon.  I'm torn.

• Like 4

Garcia tweeted "I remember you was conflicted" a couple days ago. Good stuff. Guy gets it and I'm so excited to watch his career unfold. Brightest prospect in wrestling I've seen in a long time and I do love HOOK. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I love how much they've leaned in to this being the House of the Dragon event, with the American Dragon vs. The Dragon Slayer, the debut of Dragon Lee, and of course Ricky the Dragon. Just wish we could get Ultimo in there! 

• Like 4

It's CM Punk!  Will it be Kenny Omega?  WILL IT?  PULL APART!  YEAH!  This is heating up.  KENNY!  KENNY!  or Brandon!  There will be a great wrestling match to delay the reappearance of Kenny Omega.  The American Dragon, Bryan Danielson versus the Dragon Slayer, Daniel Garcia!  They go all UWF early.  Actually, it's all BattlARTS because they are kicking each other in the face while trying to sink in an ankle lock.  OH MAN!  I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THE INTERNATIONAL FEED because they are beating the shit out of each other during picture in picture.  NASTY PILEDRIVER by Garcia!  Garcia takes the first fall!  Danielson is on the ropes!  They are doing Misawa versus Jumbo 1990. An actual commercial without picture in picture?  Strange.  Man, Garcia is fucking awesome.  SPIDER GERMAN SUPLEX! by Danielson.  MAN, DANIELSON IS FUCKING GREAT.  Tope of the month!  EVERYBODY IS BLEEDING!  C'mon Remsberg!  BLEED!  Ricky Steamboat should blade just for old times sake.  JESUS, they are fucking laying it in.  This match is definitely the new Tsuruta/Misawa.  That was fucking great.  Oh no!  Not a face turn!  I was hoping for an Arn Anderson pulling Benoit off Sullivan so HE could kick him.  KENNY! KENNY! KENNY! KENNY!  Or Brandon.  Another pull apart!  Steamboat with a chop!  My wife just told me that she saw him at the mall when she was in high school.  What is Colton wearing?  Well, that was quick.  The ASS BOYS TURN ON DADDY ASS!  The Acclaimed are back with Billy Gunn!  He scissored him, daddy ass!  Aussie Open!  Death Triangle!  Will Ospreay!  THAT'll be good.  Christian is such a great HEAT MACHINE.  It's a night of pull aparts!  I back their play 100%.  Needed blood.  KENNY KENNY KENNY!  Or Brandon.  Toni Storm is OVER in West Virginia.  Awesome, Toni Storm is a face in peril against KiLynn King.  KiLynn is working kinda heelish.  FLYING HIP ATTACK!  Pendulum DDT!  Sweet Cheek Music?  I don't know about that.  That was good.  KiLynn King looked good.  KENNY! KENNY! KENNY! Or Brandon.  Hey!  It;s motherfucking DRAGON LEE! YESSS! KENNY OMEGA!  AWWWWWESOME!  WITH DON CALLIS!  Oh man, Dragon Lee plus the Young Bucks is going to be insane.  BEST BOUT MACHINE!  Andrade CHEATS to make Omega our face in peril!  Oh man, in picture in picture they hint at Jose versus Brandon!  BOOK IT, TK!  Oh amn, I need to see the INTERNATIONAL FEED to see Andrade beating on Kenny.  I await a Dragon Lee Tope.  AWWWWESOME!  TOPE OF THE YEAR!  Dragon Lee is fucking awesome.  One Wing Angel!  RUSH TURNS ON DRAGON LEE!  Kenny Omega about 40 percent, but he can coast for a while.  It's so good to see him back.  That was a great episode of wrestling.  AEW RULES THE FUCKING WORLD.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

nice of them to get in the turn on Dragon Lee just before the show ended (pretend you didn't see his entire face)

Kenny Omega's hair still makes him look like the world's most talented Jimmy Garvin

Danielson/Garcia was good, they got the most out of Steamboat backstage, we're gonna get another stupid Jericho "we gotta talk in the ring" segment out of this though

Billy Gunn has been disowned by his children and adopted by a new tag team

also, Punk and Moxley don't like each other and we're gonna get more PPV build next week in Cleveland

what else?

oh yeah.. Jungle Man wearing a leather jacket and doing a firey babyface brawl

Edited by Cobra Commander
  • Like 4

I guess the story of the trios tournament is going to be Omega trying to be his old self and it’ll eventually cost him in the finals. We saw a little tease of that at the end with the Bucks asking for the tag and he wouldn’t do it, he wanted to pin Dragon Lee.

Also, what a weird beat down at the end.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 7