DVDVR Message Board

SHE-HULK: ATTORNEY AT LAW (SPOILER TALK)

The Natural

8 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Definitely needs the Double D. I think we'll finally get it in Daredevil: Born Again.

• Like 1

I think if I had one complaint about She-Hulk it's that prior to the episodes airing the producers or writers were saying it was more Fleabag than something like Ally McBeal. I've come to the point by now where I think those people don't really understand what Fleabag is except for when the main character talks to the camera, but we're essentially Fleabag's support group as she goes through all the shit in her life. She-Hulk isn't exactly that. Also, the ending of the most recent episode left a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth because of how strongly it was pulling from shit like Kiwifarms and how She-Hulk was instantly villainized for getting upset and raging because internet trolls were trying to take her down and exposing very private moments from her life. I get that to a degree that is what happened in real life with shit like the Fappening, but this was a different situation and the response in this situation was at an awards ceremony with a friend telling her to practically let it go and then the response to it was to not track down the obvious hackers, but to pull heavy weaponry on She-Hulk. That was fucked up.

I liked the rest of the episode though. Happy Matt Murdoch is weird, but Matt Murdoch that fucks certainly wasn't. Plus, he and Jen had good on screen chemistry. In fact, to go back to the Fleabag talking point, this was maybe the closest they came to being like Fleabag that just went beyond Jen talking to the camera once or twice. I'd like to be happy that Jen found a decent dude to hook up with, but we all know Matt has got a mountain of issues. But hey, Jen doesn't know that yet and she was satisfied so everyone wins! For now anyway.

• Like 1

The end stuff makes sense if you factor in that 1) Damage Control seems to be handling Supe affairs and law enforcement and they've proven between NWH and Ms. Marvel to be a bunch of dicks that'll shoot at Supes first and ask questions later and 2) even *if* Bruce had been relatively controlled over the last 5-6 years or so, there's a bit of an issue when Hulks get angry and lose control.  

It's fucked up because the agency governing Supes with the Accords repeal and in the absence of SHIELD has been shown to be incredibly fucked up.

6 minutes ago, Raziel said:

The end stuff makes sense if you factor in that 1) Damage Control seems to be handling Supe affairs and law enforcement and they've proven between NWH and Ms. Marvel to be a bunch of dicks that'll shoot at Supes first and ask questions later and 2) even *if* Bruce had been relatively controlled over the last 5-6 years or so, there's a bit of an issue when Hulks get angry and lose control.  

It's fucked up because the agency governing Supes with the Accords repeal and in the absence of SHIELD has been shown to be incredibly fucked up.

Yeah, that's fair and makes sense. I wasn't thinking about Damage Control, which I tend to hate as a foil.

That was a fun episode. DD's first meaty foray into the MCU being a sitcom feels a little weird but worked with the chemistry Cox and Maslany had. Still leaves me curious where in between this and the netflix series the eventual MCU series will land. I assume close to Netflix in tone and darkness though maybe not quite as heavy. The ending was done well and made sense though it left me with feelings of disappointment. Jen's anger was totally understandable and yet you know its going to be used against her horribly. 

• Like 3

On 10/7/2022 at 12:08 PM, Craig H said:

Yeah, that's fair and makes sense. I wasn't thinking about Damage Control, which I tend to hate as a foil.

I still think the authorities, whether Damage Control or not, showed up incredibly quickly given all that she did was punch a video wall (even if it apparently also somehow did structural damage).  It wouldn’t surprise me given the nature of the men’s rights troll villains if it’s revealed she was essentially swatted by Intelligencia and the authorities were already on their way.

• Like 2

I read spoilers for the finale, and if they're true - holy shit, that's going to be very chaotic. In text, it seems like a lot to put into what's supposedly a 29 minute episode.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

The episode opens with an homage to the opening titles of the 1977 series “The Incredible Hulk.” This includes scene by scene recreations as well as some of original footage and voiceover. Jennifer delivers the lines, “Don’t make me angry. You wouldn’t like me when I’m angry,” here. There’s someone in practical makeup (assuming a male body builder) like the original ‘70s show playing her Hulk form, then they display a new title “The Savage She-Hulk” over a split screen of Jennifer/practical She-Hulk. The opening title abruptly ends as Jennifer wakes up startled in Damage Control (as if the opening was a dream) in a room much like the one Abomination was in, as Mallory, Nikki, and Pug enter to visit her. She asks for Bruce and Pug says he’s been trying to get ahold of him. Jennifer talks about prosecuting the people who attacked her because of all the witnesses but Mallory tells her all the witnesses saw was an out-of-control Hulk. Mallory says they’ve offered Jen a plea deal: they will drop the charges related to the incident but she has to wear a device to prevent her from turning into She-Hulk. Jen somberly exits DODC and her parents pick her up. Next, we get a bit of a montage of what’s happening to Jen now that she’s out. We see she has lost her job and is cleaning out her desk at work with Nikki. Nikki admits she’s going to continue working with Mallory as they pay her well. “Don’t worry about me, guys,” Jen says. “We always have your back, Jen,” Pug says.

Next, we jump to Jen at home flipping through news channels talking about her Hulk “incident” and her plea deal. Peering out her window, her apartment is surrounded by reporters asking for comment. Next, Jen is eating dinner with her parents and they offer to let her move back in with them if she can’t find a new job.

Next, we see another jump as Jen is walking through her empty apartment, as she can’t find work. She walks out.

Then, she’s trying to enter her parents house but the reporters followed her / are accosting her there. Her dad sprays them with the hose as he’s watering the lawn. Jen is carrying a box of her stuff into her childhood room and she sits. We see a Legally Blonde and Erin Brockovich poster, a UCLA Bruins pennant, and “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” play poster. Next, at night, Nikki is chatting with Jen’s mom about food and seeing baby pictures, while she and Jen stand in front of a board showing they’re investigating who the “Hulk King” is who did this to her. Intelligencia platform is owned by several international shell companies, and security is air tight. Nikki discusses finding and “destroying them” while mom gives her food and cookies to take home, as well as a video from Jen in college twerking in her dorm with her friends. Mom asks when all this was going to be out of her living room. Nikki and mom’s banter is fun. Nikki opens a text to a video of Dennis trashing Jen in an interview, calling her “psycho way before she got those superpowers.” Jen goes to her room and lays on her bed and then starts talking to us. “She-Hulk never again, which I know is what I said I wanted but this doesn’t feel right. This isn’t even a reluctant superhero story; I’m just getting screwed over… Is this what you guys want?” She asks us directly. The 70’s style voiceover from the beginning starts again and Jen says, “NO, we’re not doing a narrator… we’re not that off the rails,” and he stops. She texts Bruce and it won’t deliver. “He’s AWOL.” She texts Emil (“Emil would understand.”) but also doesn’t deliver. “Well, he said come anytime, this is a time.” She packs and leaves. “I’m not running from my problems, it’s a mental health break.”

Next, we see Nikki at the office at night uploading that college twerking video to the Intelligence site. She’s typing negative stuff on the site and gets a DM from Hulk-King inviting her to an anti-She-Hulk event. She tells Pug she needs her favor now. Now, we see Jen pull up that night to Emil’s retreat center greeted by the reformed Wrecker (who had fought her back near the start of the season). “I just need a place to stay for a couple days.” She’s reading Emil’s book in her room there—“This book sucks. ”Pug and Nikki pull up to a gate and Nikki gives him an earbud so he can go inside and get as much intel as possible. Nikki will be listening in. Pug is reluctant but gets his head in the game. He enters the event as Nikki stays on the phone with him but reception sucks. Guys are saying essentially what the trolls say online: why does there need to be a She-Hulk when there’s a He-Hulk. “And Lady Thor? Ok she just sucks,” nodding to Thor: Love & Thunder. He tries to blend in/join the misogynistic conversations. Todd shows up. Todd recognizes Pug, “Of course you’re one of us! Welcome, bro.” Todd talks up Pug as Nikki’s reception gets worse. Todd talks shit on She-Hulk, saying she isn’t as strong as the Hulk, she wouldn’t have her powers without him, and doesn’t deserve her powers. Pug is blending in well with Nikki in his ear. Todd admits to being Hulk-King and creating Intelligentsia. Nikki’s reception cuts and Pug is on his own. Todd then goes up on stage talking about hacking Jen’s phone, and how the action is just getting started. He’s getting the crowd amped. Jen talks to Wrecker in the kitchen, looking for Emil, and Wrecker says he’s down at the lodge at some private event. Todd then introduces a “special guest speaker” — it’s Emil in his Abomination form. The crowd cheers for him as Emil speaks as a life coach, talks about seizing your personal goals.

Jen is walking the grounds looking for the lodge.

Emil is talking how Todd said everyone here is unsatisfied with their place in the world, and says “Do not ask for permission.”

Jen enters the lodge, it’s the Intelligentsia event. “Emil!?” “Jennifer!” Emil changes back into his human form. She asks what Todd is doing here and questions Emil turning into the Abomination (against his parole). He says it’s just to do speaking engagement for private events, “nothing bad.” She’s upset at him. Nikki breaks in the door. Jen turns to her and Pug, “what are you doing here??” Nikki says they all need to get out off here as Pug tells Jen that Todd is Hulk-King. Jen confronts him in front of the crowd as Todd admits to hiring Josh to seduce her, make the sex tape, tap her phone, and get some of her blood. His team also synthesized her blood so he could get her powers. He takes off his jacket saying he didn’t get handed superpowers, that he earned them, as one of his minions hands him a syringe of green stuff. He injects himself and Jen asks “This… is not going to work… right?” And turns to us in disbelief and says/asks, “We’re not actually doing this…” Todd turns into a green Hulk. “This can’t possibly be where this season was going!” Jen says to us. Todd completes his transformation and Titania breaks through the wall, “Surprise! Losers.” “Come ON! Titania, too!? This isn’t messy enough?” Jen says to the screen, but it seems she’s no longer talking to us, and pleading with the writers/producers. Todd goes to attack Jen as Abomination picks her up and saves her. The guys at the event start attacking Emil to get to her as Bruce drops in from the fucking ceiling as Jen cries, “Bruce?!” “Let go of my cousin, asshole,” Bruce says to Emil. Emil tells him, "it’s not what you think," as Hulk starts to fight him. Titania throws someone. “What is even happening here?!” Jen asks annoyed. Bruce/Abomination battle. Turning to the screen she says, “This is a mess! None of these storylines make any sense! Is this working for you?” She asks us. We hear a power-down sound.

The screen suddenly cuts to the Disney+ app. We’re on the Marvel tab. “Hey, what do you think you’re doing? This menu is NOT going to stop me.” Jen says. She punches out the She-Hulk icon from behind, looking around at what’s below her. She finds a Marvel Assembled episode (looks like Shang-Chi) and swings down and kicks it in. This is the scene where we see land on her feet in a studio in her She-Hulk form wearing her suit. She looks around and crosses the Disney studio, looking for someone. She finds She-Hulks production office and sneaks in. We cut to the writers in the writer’s room talking about making the entire 2nd season an extended dream sequence. She-Hulk enters and everyone falls silent. “What the hell, you guys? What kind of STUPID finale is this?” “We thought it would be really cool and kinda unexpected. Kind of a twist.” Jen criticizes the whole idea as being from every other superhero story ever. “There are certain things that are supposed to happen in a superhero story,” a writer says to her. Jen is pissed but leans in, “Why don’t we just do things our own way.” “This is the story that Kevin wants,” they say. “Okay, then I wanna talk to Kevin.” They all laugh at once. “No one talks to Kevin.” They talk about how they'd die for Kevin and she calls them creepy. She leaves and goes to talk to Kevin anyway.

She enters Kevin’s office and they ask her to sign an NDA. They press a panic button and security comes, but she pushes them out the way. Security accosts her down the hallway and she dispatches them quickly to the tune of “Big Energy” by Latto. She breaks into Kevin’s secure area. She enters a circular room full of monitors playing various Marvel projects at once (Thor: Ragnarok, Dr. Strange 2, Age of Ultron, etc). “Whoa, what is this?” She says. A red and white robot drops from the ceiling. They zoom in, and it’s labeled K.E.V.I.N. “Hello, Jennifer,” it says in a robotic voice. “Kevin?” She asks. “It stands for knowledge enhanced visual interconnectivity nexus. Were you expecting a man?” She finds out it’s the one making all the decisions, and it says it will answer her questions but first she needs to change back to Jennifer. “Why?” “Because, you are very expensive.” He asks her to wait til the camera pans away because the VFX team has moved on to another project. Now, we’re with Jen. The AI talks about how well it does with the films and series, and she tells it she’s not happy with what is happening in her story. “You do not get to choose.” “Why not? It’s my show.” She levels with him, and asks to give her closing argument. “Oh I see what you did there.” She makes the argument that the MCU is known for big spectacles and high stake plot lines but it’s often said that Marvel films all end the same way. “Wait, who’s saying that?” It asks. She criticizes then throwing all this plot and flash and a “blood thing that oddly resembles super soldier serum” at the audience in the climax. “I propose we don’t have to do that. It distracts from the story, which is my life fell apart right as I was learning to be both Jen and She-Hulk. Those are my stakes.” Kevin processes the data and asks what she proposes for the ending. “Can we NOT do Todd gets Hulk powers? The powers aren’t the villain, he is.” K.E.V.I.N. erases the blood plot. “And Bruce swooping down from literal outer space to save the day in my story? Uh uh.” K.E.V.I.N. says Bruce is supposed to return to explain what he was doing in space. Jen says no. “But we were going to introduce…” “Save it for the movie,” she says. It asks about Abomination and she says, “After all that, I just want him to hold himself accountable.” She has it changes from night to day, and it asks, “Are we done here?” “Oh I would NOT mind seeing Daredevil again… a woman has needs.” It admits they’ve been light on his story. Jen sits down, “oh, and while I’ve got you here…” “Oh, you are sitting?” It says. “What’s with all the daddy issues,” as she goes on about how every character has daddy issues. “Jen, please stop.” “OH! And when are we getting the X-MEN!?” As she thumbs up to us. “I cannot tell you that.” “Ok, back to She-Hulk, I do have some ideas for the direction of Season 2…” It says she will not have access to it again as they’ve fixed the error on the platform. “That’s it?” Jen says. “You obliterated the thrilling ending K.E.V.I.N. created.” It says. She comments that’s what Hulks do, smash things, buildings, ending, and “Sometimes Matt Murdock…” as she looks at us. K.E.V.I.N. tells her to get back to the show now. It throws in, “See you on the big screen!” “Really?!” Jen asks. “No.” She asks what the most budget-friendly way to transform back is.

We cut back to Emil’s property, now daytime. Everyone is outside and police are already there. She-Hulk comes out from around the corner to confront Todd, who is being arrested. Titania films the encounter for social media saying, “OMG guys, we are about to witness a murder.” Todd cowers and tells She-Hulk to “just do it.” She transforms back to Jen and asks, “I’ll see you in court, babe.” The cops take him away.

Suddenly, Daredevil drops in out of thin air. “Jen, I’m here to help.” She tells him he missed everything. “Oh, man…” They flirt and she says she’s happy to see him. She tell him to wait a second as she walks off. Titania tries to flirt with him. Jen goes to Emil to explain to him that if he signs the document he’ll go back to prison for 10 years for violating parole. He says yes, and it’s the punishment for his actions.

Next we see Jen driving home then Jen and her family gathered together outside for dinner, with Matt there too. They’re all laughing and having a good time, which Jen’s parents ask Matt about his practice, Matt talks about Hell's Kitchen and pro bono work. The ladies gush over him. Jen comes to his rescue as her dad says it’s very expensive raising kids in LA. “Dad, he’s staying here for A WEEK.” The banter with her parents is cute as Jen sits next to him to rescue him from her aunt.

Bruce walks into the party from around the corner in a Hawaiian shirt, saying hi to everyone. He stops everyone, explaining he’s been away on Sakaar for awhile, so he’ll tell everyone about it but first he’s got someone to introduce. “This is my son, Skaar.” Skaar is revealed to be standing behind Bruce. He's a full CGI Hulk as well. The family excitedly welcomes Skaar, as Daredevil says to Jen, “wow, your family…”

Lastly, a reporter stops She-Hulk on camera while entering court, asking about her lawsuit against Todd and Intelligence. She talks about holding people like him responsible for their actions. “The message is, if you attack, harm, or harass innocent people, I’m coming for you.” “Do you mean in a courtroom or as a superhero?” “Both.” He asks her who she’s wearing to court today (she’s in a purple skirt suit) and she rolls her eyes. She walks into court as he says to camera, “The difficult Diva of Law, herself.” Roll credits.

Mid-credit scene: Emil is in the DODC prison and we see a Sling Ring portal open up. Wong springs Emil out of prison, making good on his promise to give him sanctuary. Emil says he took his time and Wong says he got sucked into another TV show. “What’s the guest policy for Kamar-Taj? What about WiFi?” as Emil enters the portal. Return to credits. End.

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

I read spoilers for the finale, and if they're true - holy shit, that's going to be very chaotic. In text, it seems like a lot to put into what's supposedly a 29 minute episode.

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

The episode opens with an homage to the opening titles of the 1977 series “The Incredible Hulk.” This includes scene by scene recreations as well as some of original footage and voiceover. Jennifer delivers the lines, “Don’t make me angry. You wouldn’t like me when I’m angry,” here. There’s someone in practical makeup (assuming a male body builder) like the original ‘70s show playing her Hulk form, then they display a new title “The Savage She-Hulk” over a split screen of Jennifer/practical She-Hulk. The opening title abruptly ends as Jennifer wakes up startled in Damage Control (as if the opening was a dream) in a room much like the one Abomination was in, as Mallory, Nikki, and Pug enter to visit her. She asks for Bruce and Pug says he’s been trying to get ahold of him. Jennifer talks about prosecuting the people who attacked her because of all the witnesses but Mallory tells her all the witnesses saw was an out-of-control Hulk. Mallory says they’ve offered Jen a plea deal: they will drop the charges related to the incident but she has to wear a device to prevent her from turning into She-Hulk. Jen somberly exits DODC and her parents pick her up. Next, we get a bit of a montage of what’s happening to Jen now that she’s out. We see she has lost her job and is cleaning out her desk at work with Nikki. Nikki admits she’s going to continue working with Mallory as they pay her well. “Don’t worry about me, guys,” Jen says. “We always have your back, Jen,” Pug says.

Next, we jump to Jen at home flipping through news channels talking about her Hulk “incident” and her plea deal. Peering out her window, her apartment is surrounded by reporters asking for comment. Next, Jen is eating dinner with her parents and they offer to let her move back in with them if she can’t find a new job.

Next, we see another jump as Jen is walking through her empty apartment, as she can’t find work. She walks out.

Then, she’s trying to enter her parents house but the reporters followed her / are accosting her there. Her dad sprays them with the hose as he’s watering the lawn. Jen is carrying a box of her stuff into her childhood room and she sits. We see a Legally Blonde and Erin Brockovich poster, a UCLA Bruins pennant, and “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” play poster. Next, at night, Nikki is chatting with Jen’s mom about food and seeing baby pictures, while she and Jen stand in front of a board showing they’re investigating who the “Hulk King” is who did this to her. Intelligencia platform is owned by several international shell companies, and security is air tight. Nikki discusses finding and “destroying them” while mom gives her food and cookies to take home, as well as a video from Jen in college twerking in her dorm with her friends. Mom asks when all this was going to be out of her living room. Nikki and mom’s banter is fun. Nikki opens a text to a video of Dennis trashing Jen in an interview, calling her “psycho way before she got those superpowers.” Jen goes to her room and lays on her bed and then starts talking to us. “She-Hulk never again, which I know is what I said I wanted but this doesn’t feel right. This isn’t even a reluctant superhero story; I’m just getting screwed over… Is this what you guys want?” She asks us directly. The 70’s style voiceover from the beginning starts again and Jen says, “NO, we’re not doing a narrator… we’re not that off the rails,” and he stops. She texts Bruce and it won’t deliver. “He’s AWOL.” She texts Emil (“Emil would understand.”) but also doesn’t deliver. “Well, he said come anytime, this is a time.” She packs and leaves. “I’m not running from my problems, it’s a mental health break.”

Next, we see Nikki at the office at night uploading that college twerking video to the Intelligence site. She’s typing negative stuff on the site and gets a DM from Hulk-King inviting her to an anti-She-Hulk event. She tells Pug she needs her favor now. Now, we see Jen pull up that night to Emil’s retreat center greeted by the reformed Wrecker (who had fought her back near the start of the season). “I just need a place to stay for a couple days.” She’s reading Emil’s book in her room there—“This book sucks. ”Pug and Nikki pull up to a gate and Nikki gives him an earbud so he can go inside and get as much intel as possible. Nikki will be listening in. Pug is reluctant but gets his head in the game. He enters the event as Nikki stays on the phone with him but reception sucks. Guys are saying essentially what the trolls say online: why does there need to be a She-Hulk when there’s a He-Hulk. “And Lady Thor? Ok she just sucks,” nodding to Thor: Love & Thunder. He tries to blend in/join the misogynistic conversations. Todd shows up. Todd recognizes Pug, “Of course you’re one of us! Welcome, bro.” Todd talks up Pug as Nikki’s reception gets worse. Todd talks shit on She-Hulk, saying she isn’t as strong as the Hulk, she wouldn’t have her powers without him, and doesn’t deserve her powers. Pug is blending in well with Nikki in his ear. Todd admits to being Hulk-King and creating Intelligentsia. Nikki’s reception cuts and Pug is on his own. Todd then goes up on stage talking about hacking Jen’s phone, and how the action is just getting started. He’s getting the crowd amped. Jen talks to Wrecker in the kitchen, looking for Emil, and Wrecker says he’s down at the lodge at some private event. Todd then introduces a “special guest speaker” — it’s Emil in his Abomination form. The crowd cheers for him as Emil speaks as a life coach, talks about seizing your personal goals.

Jen is walking the grounds looking for the lodge.

Emil is talking how Todd said everyone here is unsatisfied with their place in the world, and says “Do not ask for permission.”

Jen enters the lodge, it’s the Intelligentsia event. “Emil!?” “Jennifer!” Emil changes back into his human form. She asks what Todd is doing here and questions Emil turning into the Abomination (against his parole). He says it’s just to do speaking engagement for private events, “nothing bad.” She’s upset at him. Nikki breaks in the door. Jen turns to her and Pug, “what are you doing here??” Nikki says they all need to get out off here as Pug tells Jen that Todd is Hulk-King. Jen confronts him in front of the crowd as Todd admits to hiring Josh to seduce her, make the sex tape, tap her phone, and get some of her blood. His team also synthesized her blood so he could get her powers. He takes off his jacket saying he didn’t get handed superpowers, that he earned them, as one of his minions hands him a syringe of green stuff. He injects himself and Jen asks “This… is not going to work… right?” And turns to us in disbelief and says/asks, “We’re not actually doing this…” Todd turns into a green Hulk. “This can’t possibly be where this season was going!” Jen says to us. Todd completes his transformation and Titania breaks through the wall, “Surprise! Losers.” “Come ON! Titania, too!? This isn’t messy enough?” Jen says to the screen, but it seems she’s no longer talking to us, and pleading with the writers/producers. Todd goes to attack Jen as Abomination picks her up and saves her. The guys at the event start attacking Emil to get to her as Bruce drops in from the fucking ceiling as Jen cries, “Bruce?!” “Let go of my cousin, asshole,” Bruce says to Emil. Emil tells him, "it’s not what you think," as Hulk starts to fight him. Titania throws someone. “What is even happening here?!” Jen asks annoyed. Bruce/Abomination battle. Turning to the screen she says, “This is a mess! None of these storylines make any sense! Is this working for you?” She asks us. We hear a power-down sound.

The screen suddenly cuts to the Disney+ app. We’re on the Marvel tab. “Hey, what do you think you’re doing? This menu is NOT going to stop me.” Jen says. She punches out the She-Hulk icon from behind, looking around at what’s below her. She finds a Marvel Assembled episode (looks like Shang-Chi) and swings down and kicks it in. This is the scene where we see land on her feet in a studio in her She-Hulk form wearing her suit. She looks around and crosses the Disney studio, looking for someone. She finds She-Hulks production office and sneaks in. We cut to the writers in the writer’s room talking about making the entire 2nd season an extended dream sequence. She-Hulk enters and everyone falls silent. “What the hell, you guys? What kind of STUPID finale is this?” “We thought it would be really cool and kinda unexpected. Kind of a twist.” Jen criticizes the whole idea as being from every other superhero story ever. “There are certain things that are supposed to happen in a superhero story,” a writer says to her. Jen is pissed but leans in, “Why don’t we just do things our own way.” “This is the story that Kevin wants,” they say. “Okay, then I wanna talk to Kevin.” They all laugh at once. “No one talks to Kevin.” They talk about how they'd die for Kevin and she calls them creepy. She leaves and goes to talk to Kevin anyway.

She enters Kevin’s office and they ask her to sign an NDA. They press a panic button and security comes, but she pushes them out the way. Security accosts her down the hallway and she dispatches them quickly to the tune of “Big Energy” by Latto. She breaks into Kevin’s secure area. She enters a circular room full of monitors playing various Marvel projects at once (Thor: Ragnarok, Dr. Strange 2, Age of Ultron, etc). “Whoa, what is this?” She says. A red and white robot drops from the ceiling. They zoom in, and it’s labeled K.E.V.I.N. “Hello, Jennifer,” it says in a robotic voice. “Kevin?” She asks. “It stands for knowledge enhanced visual interconnectivity nexus. Were you expecting a man?” She finds out it’s the one making all the decisions, and it says it will answer her questions but first she needs to change back to Jennifer. “Why?” “Because, you are very expensive.” He asks her to wait til the camera pans away because the VFX team has moved on to another project. Now, we’re with Jen. The AI talks about how well it does with the films and series, and she tells it she’s not happy with what is happening in her story. “You do not get to choose.” “Why not? It’s my show.” She levels with him, and asks to give her closing argument. “Oh I see what you did there.” She makes the argument that the MCU is known for big spectacles and high stake plot lines but it’s often said that Marvel films all end the same way. “Wait, who’s saying that?” It asks. She criticizes then throwing all this plot and flash and a “blood thing that oddly resembles super soldier serum” at the audience in the climax. “I propose we don’t have to do that. It distracts from the story, which is my life fell apart right as I was learning to be both Jen and She-Hulk. Those are my stakes.” Kevin processes the data and asks what she proposes for the ending. “Can we NOT do Todd gets Hulk powers? The powers aren’t the villain, he is.” K.E.V.I.N. erases the blood plot. “And Bruce swooping down from literal outer space to save the day in my story? Uh uh.” K.E.V.I.N. says Bruce is supposed to return to explain what he was doing in space. Jen says no. “But we were going to introduce…” “Save it for the movie,” she says. It asks about Abomination and she says, “After all that, I just want him to hold himself accountable.” She has it changes from night to day, and it asks, “Are we done here?” “Oh I would NOT mind seeing Daredevil again… a woman has needs.” It admits they’ve been light on his story. Jen sits down, “oh, and while I’ve got you here…” “Oh, you are sitting?” It says. “What’s with all the daddy issues,” as she goes on about how every character has daddy issues. “Jen, please stop.” “OH! And when are we getting the X-MEN!?” As she thumbs up to us. “I cannot tell you that.” “Ok, back to She-Hulk, I do have some ideas for the direction of Season 2…” It says she will not have access to it again as they’ve fixed the error on the platform. “That’s it?” Jen says. “You obliterated the thrilling ending K.E.V.I.N. created.” It says. She comments that’s what Hulks do, smash things, buildings, ending, and “Sometimes Matt Murdock…” as she looks at us. K.E.V.I.N. tells her to get back to the show now. It throws in, “See you on the big screen!” “Really?!” Jen asks. “No.” She asks what the most budget-friendly way to transform back is.

We cut back to Emil’s property, now daytime. Everyone is outside and police are already there. She-Hulk comes out from around the corner to confront Todd, who is being arrested. Titania films the encounter for social media saying, “OMG guys, we are about to witness a murder.” Todd cowers and tells She-Hulk to “just do it.” She transforms back to Jen and asks, “I’ll see you in court, babe.” The cops take him away.

Suddenly, Daredevil drops in out of thin air. “Jen, I’m here to help.” She tells him he missed everything. “Oh, man…” They flirt and she says she’s happy to see him. She tell him to wait a second as she walks off. Titania tries to flirt with him. Jen goes to Emil to explain to him that if he signs the document he’ll go back to prison for 10 years for violating parole. He says yes, and it’s the punishment for his actions.

Next we see Jen driving home then Jen and her family gathered together outside for dinner, with Matt there too. They’re all laughing and having a good time, which Jen’s parents ask Matt about his practice, Matt talks about Hell's Kitchen and pro bono work. The ladies gush over him. Jen comes to his rescue as her dad says it’s very expensive raising kids in LA. “Dad, he’s staying here for A WEEK.” The banter with her parents is cute as Jen sits next to him to rescue him from her aunt.

Bruce walks into the party from around the corner in a Hawaiian shirt, saying hi to everyone. He stops everyone, explaining he’s been away on Sakaar for awhile, so he’ll tell everyone about it but first he’s got someone to introduce. “This is my son, Skaar.” Skaar is revealed to be standing behind Bruce. He's a full CGI Hulk as well. The family excitedly welcomes Skaar, as Daredevil says to Jen, “wow, your family…”

Lastly, a reporter stops She-Hulk on camera while entering court, asking about her lawsuit against Todd and Intelligence. She talks about holding people like him responsible for their actions. “The message is, if you attack, harm, or harass innocent people, I’m coming for you.” “Do you mean in a courtroom or as a superhero?” “Both.” He asks her who she’s wearing to court today (she’s in a purple skirt suit) and she rolls her eyes. She walks into court as he says to camera, “The difficult Diva of Law, herself.” Roll credits.

Mid-credit scene: Emil is in the DODC prison and we see a Sling Ring portal open up. Wong springs Emil out of prison, making good on his promise to give him sanctuary. Emil says he took his time and Wong says he got sucked into another TV show. “What’s the guest policy for Kamar-Taj? What about WiFi?” as Emil enters the portal. Return to credits. End.

Did not click on that, but it is listed as 35 mins.

• Like 1

Just now, Casey said:

Yeah that's why I triple boxed it. I have my doubts it's true, but we'll see.

Where is it listed as 35 minutes? Is there a way to find runtimes in advance?

I saw a clickbait article of "Record breaking runtime!" yesterday and didn't click on it so I went and googled after you posted.

Here's the ultimate source. But it became a "thedirect" article which then others sourced from.

• Thanks 1

A Disney+ Marvel Studios show that stuck the landing. Fun stuff:

The opening intro homage to The Incredible Hulk TV show.

Jennifer Walters breaking the fourth wall, the Disney+ homepage.

K.E.V.I.N with a cap.

Jen Walters wanting more Matt Murdock/Daredevil.

Jen asking K.E.V.I.N about X-Men.

Daredevil shows up too late.

Daredevil meets Jen's family.

Hulk shows up with Skarr.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1