DVDVR Message Board

SHE-HULK: ATTORNEY AT LAW (SPOILER TALK)

The Natural

I'm happy that Pug got his Iron Man 3s to go along with his Deadpool, Thing, Cyclops, Cable, Spider-Man, Captain America and other limited edition shoes. ONE TO STOCK, ONE TO ROCK. Truly my favorite MCU side character now.

• Like 2

Didn't significantly care for last night's episode. We really learned nothing about Titania other than the fact that she's a vapid wannabe celebrity and influencer. I was sort of hoping there'd be more insight on why she attacked the jury in the first episode and where she came from.

That said, I do think we got a good example of why Tatiana Maslany is so good in this role. When that doctor she slept with was on the witness stand, you could see the quiet sadness being expressed. Credit to the overworked visual FX artists as well. 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2022 at 9:51 PM, Matt D said:

Been thinking Mad Thinker.

Same.  Their gear looks like the same Chitaruri tech that Vulture trafficked in, so the Thinker may be the mind behind the Wrecking Crew.

Granted the She-Hulk show should be watched in chronological order but I'll do the opposite. Please tag me when my boy, Daredevil, Double D arrives. I'll watch that episode and then get round to watching the show as it's meant to be seen in due course.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

@The Natural judging by the tease at the end of this week's episode, we're getting DD next week!

I'm loving this show far more than I had thought I would.  It's unbelievably funny and im finding myself really liking all of the characters (Pug and Madisynn are two highlights for me, as is "Shaman" Tim Roth, who I hope we get more of).

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

@The Natural judging by the tease at the end of this week's episode, we're getting DD next week!

I'm loving this show far more than I had thought I would.  It's unbelievably funny and im finding myself really liking all of the characters (Pug and Madisynn are two highlights for me, as is "Shaman" Tim Roth, who I hope we get more of).

Cheers, @StuntmanCrowley!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Cheers, @StuntmanCrowley!

I'm really looking forward to it.  My daughter is really into the MCU, but she's definitely not at an age where i'd feel comfortable letting her watch Daredevil yet, so i can't wait to have her get a live action introduction to the character in a more age-appropriate medium.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I'm really looking forward to it.  My daughter is really into the MCU, but she's definitely not at an age where i'd feel comfortable letting her watch Daredevil yet, so i can't wait to have her get a live action introduction to the character in a more age-appropriate medium.

@StuntmanCrowley:

Understandable with the tone of Marvel Netflix Daredevil. The difference between Daredevil Season One in 2015 and what we'd seen in the MCU before in 2008-2014 was huge. The violence, the subject matter, drugs, exploiting kids. Your daughter is in for a treat when the time's right.

Said before and will again, Daredevil is not only the best thing to come from the MCU, it's the best live action Marvel's ever had.

Daredevil Season One was fantastic, Daredevil Season Two was good but a big step down from its predecessor and successor. Daredevil Season Three was a big return to form. I rate DD S1 over DD S3.

Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock/Daredevil and Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk/The Kingpin are perfect in the part. Kevin Feige had to bring both back for that reason. You couldn't top them.

Be interesting to see how Daredevil Born Again turns out. Will it callback on Daredevil Marvel Netflix? Loose references? Reboot? The tone will lighter for sure. I see some people saying the title will mean an adaptation of the classic Daredevil: Born Again by Frank Miller/David Mazzucchelli but I disagree. That made up part of Daredevil Season Three and I think the title is a literal reference to Daredevil back under Marvel Studios/Disney+. Big pressure on that with how beloved and rightly so Daredevil Netflix is.

Edited by The Natural

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

@StuntmanCrowley

Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock/Daredevil and Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk/The Kingpin are perfect in the part. Kevin Feige had to bring both back for that reason. You couldn't top them.

Now we just have to hope that Feige realizes that the same is true for Deborah Ann Woll and Elden Henson.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2022 at 1:54 AM, TheVileOne said:

I feel like they glossed over that somewhere. 

Wong was about to be charged with kidnapping or aiding and abetting a prisoner escaping and he was back in the next episode like nothing had happened.  All Titania did was destroy government property (after running from something she could have just skipped) and committed attempted murder on multiple jurors.  They tend to gloss over a lot of things.  

This last episode should have been titled "Jen Learns About Tailors".  Pug's whole demeanor has changed so much from episode to episode that it feels like he was written as a lot of different characters and they just combined it all into one person before filming.  This show just isn't for me.  I find nothing about it funny and the writers were correct saying they couldn't write court scenes because it shows with how awful those scenes are.  I mean goodness at least talk to someone familiar with courtrooms or at the very least get tips from a writer on Boston Legal.  I'll watch one more for Daredevil but I'm probably out after that.  Also hoping the suit made by Luke for Daredevil is a one off because Melvin Potter is such a great character and I hope just like some other cast members from the original show he is back.  

• Sad 1

The courtroom stuff isn’t very accurate, but a)this isn’t even close to being the worst courtroom stuff on TV or even superhero stuff (looking at you, The Flash), and b) this is pretty clearly being played for laughs, so personally I give it more leeway than something trying to deal with things seriously and failing miserably (you again, The Flash).

• Like 4