DVDVR Message Board

SHE-HULK: ATTORNEY AT LAW (SPOILER TALK)

The Natural

I wonder why they did that to Thunderball. 

This and the next episode are the weakest ones of the show IMO. 

Something definitely stinks about Wong and Abomination's story. Nothing about it checks out. They were clearly fixing their fight in Macau.

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

I thought this was the best episode so far and by far the funniest. This was kind of what I wanted from the show, basically Drop Dead Diva with She Hulk.

I wish someone had described it like that before I started watching,  That description is rather apt and definitely not something in my wheelhouse.

If this is one of the worst episodes, then this will end up being a perfectly fine show.  Not great, not bad, just fine.

I did think the CGI looked the clunkiest it has yet, with some pretty mechanical movements and some funky lighting, particularly the Wrecking Crew fight.  After the credits, I was thinking how I wanted more Titania when I realized we’ll probably get that next week with her presumably being behind the Wrecking Crew.

• Like 3

My guess is that if this gets a season two, then the CGI will look a lot better.

At the same I wonder if one of the issues with the CGI and why Bruce looked so good and Jen doesn't is that there's more texture to Bruce's skin as the Hulk and Jen is just completely smooth so it winds up looking like it doesn't fit. Well, that and the sometimes unrealistic way She-Hulk moves around on screen.

Two more table setting episodes.  Not really compelling, but at least they were funny.

I like the re-imaging of the Wrecking Crew as normal dudes armed with Chitauri weapons disguised with a construction motif.  I assume they're working for The Thinker and he wants a sample of Jen's blood to sell on the underground munitions market as a bioweapon.

We all marked for the Megan Thee Stallion / She-Hulk twerk-off.  

The sidebar story with the Asgardian impersonator was totally fucking hilarious, but I wonder why they didn't go with a Skrull and establish a prologue to Secret Invasion?

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Skrulls aren’t publicly known either, right? Could mess up Secret Invasion if that’s a plot beat.

Possibly, but all of these series aren't exactly in sequitur so depending on when Secret Invasion happens in the timeline, Skrulls may or may not be public information.  So far, the only organizations that should know about the Skrulls are The Avengers and SHIELD, and it is questionable about whether or not Fury has told the rest of the departments in the US government about them.

Edited by J.T.

Saying the Avengers know about the Skrulls is probably a stretch. Fury and Carol are the only ones that know about them, and Peter never found out that Hill & Fury were Skrulls in Far From Home, either.

Unless we're thinking Carol told Natasha and the gang off-screen, or mentioned it at Tony's funeral. But speculating about off-screen plot stuff is pointless. If it hasn't been mentioned in anything, and until it is, I'm just going with what they've given us so far and that's that nobody besides Carol, Maria, Monica and Fury know about their existence.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Possibly, but all of these series aren't exactly in sequitur so depending on when Secret Invasion happens in the timeline, Skrulls may or may not be public information.  So far, the only organizations that should know about the Skrulls are The Avengers and SHIELD, and it is questionable about whether or not Fury has told the rest of the departments in the US government about them.

DARPA is prob full of Skrulls and future AIM scientists. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

DARPA is prob full of Skrulls and future AIM scientists. 

The combat development engineer I knew at DARPA / TACOM had an Advanced Idea Mechanics bumper sticker on his car.  They are all mad scientists in training.

I see that the "woke casting = evil" incels don't seem to be too terribly outraged that Thunderball has been re-imaged as a white man.

There is not enough love for Emil Blonsky:  Yoga Pimp or Wong using magic to avoid answering for breaking Blonsky out of jail.  If Strange had pulled that shit, Wong would've been the first one to give Stephen the abuse of power lecture.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 6

I know I’ve told this story but I was at a lecture by Michael Ulsan at IU where a black woman complained during the QA about Michelle Pfeiffer being cast as Catwoman since “she was black on the TV show.” Presumably she didn’t remember about Billy Dee Williams being cast as Harvey Dent. 

I guess she also didn't remember that Julie Newmar was the first Catwoman and Eartha Kitt replaced her in the third season only because Newmar was filming McKenna's Gold and her schedule conflicted with Batman's shooting schedule.

It was also pretty noticeable that the producers dialed back the sexual tension between Batman and Catwoman when Eartha took the role because 1960's.  If the Batman showrunners didn't have the courage to put Kato over Robin clean, no way were they going to pull a Star Trek and have Batman tease intimacy with Black Catwoman.

The Wrecking Crew are B-Listers and are also fairly generic brick-class mooks so I am not broken-hearted that MCU Thunderball is white, even though Thunderball from the comics was an African-American scientist and the smart guy of the team.  It just annoys me when the anti-woke morons get bent out of shape because of progressive casting.  I can only imagine the outrage if the Wrecker had been Latino or Asian.  I am just happy that MCU Wrecker is not wearing that stupid lavender colored mask.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

I guess she also didn't remember that Julie Newmar was the first Catwoman and Eartha Kitt replaced her in the third season only because Newmar was filming McKenna's Gold and her schedule conflicted with Batman's shooting schedule.

It was also pretty noticeable that the producers dialed back the sexual tension between Batman and Catwoman when Eartha took the role because 1960's.  If the Batman showrunners didn't have the courage to put Kato over Robin clean, no way were they going to pull a Star Trek and have Batman tease intimacy with Black Catwoman.

The Wrecking Crew are B-Listers and are also fairly generic brick-class mooks so I am not broken-hearted that MCU Thunderball is white, even though Thunderball from the comics was an African-American scientist and the smart guy of the team.  It just annoys me when the anti-woke morons get bent out of shape because of progressive casting.  I can only imagine the outrage if the Wrecker had been Latino or Asian.  I am just happy that MCU Wrecker is not wearing that stupid lavender colored mask.

I like the Wrecking Crew. They should've been in Ms. Marvel.  

If I were to guess why they went that way with Thunderball's casting, I think they just shoved them in there and didn't really care that much who played them or what they looked like.

Also, Wong is a Skrull. Sharon Carter is a Skrull.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Thanks 1