DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 8/10/2022 - AEW Quake by the Lake

9 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I have a feeling Punk is walking out victorious at All Out, but man, the roll Mox is on....I sort of want him to steamroll Punk and play it up like Punk came back too early.

How about a Broadway that ends in a draw?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I wouldn't be opposed to that, but, and I mean no disrespect to Mox, has he ever gone that length in a match?  He seems to thrive in shorter, violence filled melees.

How about a double-countout or double KO?

5 minutes ago, Jiji said:

They'd eventually need to unify the titles still too.

Yeah, but it would be a fun tease in the meantime.

1 minute ago, JLowe said:

How about a double-countout or double KO?

They're reluctant to do those finishes on a Dynamite. Can't imagine doing it in one of the bigger matches they can book headlining a PPV. It's okay if one of them loses, so long as Khan as something in mind for them. He won't ice Moxley like he has women's champions of the past. 

• Like 1

Coffin Match ruled. That was a really great ending to the match and put together so well.  

Such a bad placement to have another gimmick match after a gimmick match. That takes away from the following gimmick match. The tag match was solid professional wrestling but not having that gap in between made it feel not-so-important. 

Main event was predictably great. Hot ending, too.

• Like 2

Interesting to see the unanimously positive feedback on the coffin match.

I loved the match. The Home Alone-y ending, not so much. I mean, great, well done to them to be able to get that done so seamlessly in live TV, it just felt very contrived and cartoony that took away from what was the most hate filled fight they've done in a long time if not ever. 

On the other hand, I guess there's also the practicalities involved of someone of Darby's size physically getting a guy like Brody in the coffin as well, so they did the best they could. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I have a feeling Punk is walking out victorious at All Out, but man, the roll Mox is on....I sort of want him to steamroll Punk and play it up like Punk came back too early.

I could see punk going out to the bulldog choke and having that be the reason. Mox is unified champ and is “two belts Ambrose” once again…

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, just drew said:

I could see punk going out to the bulldog choke and having that be the reason. Mox is unified champ and is “two belts Ambrose” once again…

What would the bigger money draw be though  Punk-Omega  or Moxley-Omega again?  I'l say Punk somehow beats Mox only to be confronted by Kenny.  Kenny-Punk to end the year. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pedro said:

What would the bigger money draw be though  Punk-Omega  or Moxley-Omega again?  I'l say Punk somehow beats Mox only to be confronted by Kenny.  Kenny-Punk to end the year. 

I don’t see that as the money match, especially not this soon. And I can’t get past there not really being any way to put punk over Moxley without completely undermining the work you’ve done building Mox up…

• Like 3

Just now, just drew said:

I don’t see that as the money match, especially not this soon. And I can’t get past there not really being any way to put punk over Moxley without completely undermining the work you’ve done building Mox up…

Maybe a nod to Piper Bret Mania 8.  Mox is hurt and Punk ends up capitalizing on the injury. Wouldn't be shocked to see one of these guys turn heel either. Mox has the BCC which is extremely popular so I'd say Punk. Even with them running so often in Chicago and knowing he would never be booed in Chicago. 

• Like 1

I'll say it's nice to have another big title match where either guy could win and there's serious intrigue. Love it when they do that because even on PPV there are some really predictable world title matches. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Jiji said:

I'll say it's nice to have another big title match where either guy could win and there's serious intrigue. Love it when they do that because even on PPV there are some really predictable world title matches. 

Going to try to not flood this thread with thoughts but I did have another thought.  What if the money match isn't Punk-Kenny?  What if Punk does manage to beat Mox only for MJF to return and have a confrontation?  They had a hot feud earlier and with the belt on the line it would add to it.  Plus it would keep MJF happy as he would have a huge main event push. 

• Like 1

MJF wants more money. I don't think he has a problem with his push. But, yeah, MJF should be the one to beat Punk based on their history but they have so many world class athletes that it's not a big deal if MJF isn't the one. As others have stated, if you're going for MJF getting nuclear heat, he needs to cheat his ass off or fuck over Kingston in some way for the title. 

As for big money matches, I still feel like it's Punk vs. Danielson and you could do a stadium, though you may need some help filling it up with NJPW or something. Ibushi vs. Omega. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 2

Anyway, since I know you all look forward to this;

SHOW THOUGHTS. 

-A lot of guys on the Jim Cornette subreddit were bitching about how balls to the wall this match got in the first minute or so. I say fuck those people. Fuck them twice, actually. Once for subscribing to that sub (I don't, but reddit keeps recommending it), and again for bitching about this. Every second of this fucking ruled. Brody King looked like that meme that goes around from the Passion of the Christ set where Mel Gibson is talking to Jim Caviezel while Jimmy C is in full Lord and Savior getup. My mans looked like he tried to motorboat an actual motorboat. This match ruled. Bud Matthews is always welcome on my tv. Looks like HOB vs Sting/Miro/Darby at All Out, unless HOB is in the finals for the trios. They should be, but they won't be. I dug the finish. Protected Brody while keeping Darbs where he needs to be in his gimmick match. Hope to see more of the House of Black, because they rule. 

-Mox is such a fantastic promo. This one wasn't even anything special, but Mox is so far ahead of everyone on the mic not named Kingston that it comes off as a big deal.

-I'm a BIG Andrade fan. I haven't seen much RUSH but early returns have been promising. I can see why Regal wanted to bring RUSH in to nXt. He's got that WWE look to him. Glad he's All Elite instead. I liked this a lot, and I liked Los Fashion Instagrams going over. I hope this trend continues. Have I mentioned I love Andrade?

-I'll refrain from saying much about the Bucks/Hanger segment. It was fine. I like the "Lost" phase for Hangman. I think eventually they should circle back around to him as champ, but for now "interloping goof/man of the people" suits him well. I feel like short Jackson was directly referring to me when he talked about the people that don't like the Bucks online. It made me snicker.

-New-chasaurus is extremely my shit. I can't decide who's side he's on, but he hasn't directly affected Jungle Boy or Christian Cage as of yet. Part of me wants it to be exactly what Jungle Boy says; simply keeping Christian safe until JB got back. I anxiously await the Jungle Boy/Christian match. Christian is another effortlessly good promo. I hope AEW's backstage crew are union, so they get that insurance coverage.

-Despite online rumors, Miro appears to be having the time of his life with these promos. Julia sure didn't try very hard to get Miro in the fold. This shit is really fun to me, and if we get Miro & Brody King bumpin' meat in the near future it'll be a treat.

-I was hoping the Factory would go away when Cody did. This feels like a real waste of Ricky Starks' time. Will Hobbs is going to be a STAR.

-I'm not sure why this thing with Wardlow and Jay Lethal has to continue. Let's move Wardog on to something more substantial. Satnam Singh is HUGE. If they play this right they could have a big star on their hands. The Pinnacle reuniting to chase off these dopes was choice. Let them get in the trios tournament. Also, Wardlow is an elite wearer of suits. Looks like if a top sports agent was also trying to kill Wonder Woman. Top level fashion game.

-JAS B-team promo. God's perfect idiot Matt Menard and Suspenders Ang are such great stooges. I gotta admit; Anna JAS choking out randos backstage is starting to grow on me. She's committing to it and it's working. 

-Damn. Poor Aaron Solow. Dude could be on Dynamite every week and he'll always be "the dude Bayley dumped." You know they're strapping the good shit to Starkman Jones b/c he got another video package. The line about "as if things couldn't get worse, QT offered me a spot in the Factory" popped me. The timing on that finish was massive, and credit to Solow. He's got nice footwork. I'm 100% here for "Rick Starks; man of the people." Hobbs breaking tv's like those twitter videos of people freaking out when their NFL teams take a bad beat popped me.

-Stoke with the Ass Boys is interesting. One day I hope to be as happy about anything as Bill Ass is when Danhausen enters the room. 

-I've never been super into Best Friends. I think I always held the fact that they went over P&P in that parking lot fight against them, but they've been a lot of fun lately. Ari Daivari is clearly having fun. Parker Boudreaux looks like that one kid every guy who grew up in the south knows; aloof, really good at football but his parents never come to the games, girlfriend who is way too hot for him. Slim J is my kind of goofy.

-This women's match just suffered from a total lack of cohesion. Both these women are capable of having a compelling tv match, they just don't work well together. I wonder if Rayne was calling spots that Jade had never done before. It looked like she was having to tell her how to bump for that neckbreaker right before she hit it. Let's all move on from this.

-It's time. Thunder Rosa, you gotsta go. Toni Storm in action!

-They announced a metric asston of shit for Rampage. This seems like too much. Rampage looks like dogshit actually, other than Swerve in our Glory and Toni Storm against Sign KiLynn King. Ehh. Maybe not. The more shit they announce the less offended I am by Rampage's continued existence. "HOUSE OF THE DRAGON." Next week is gonna SLAP. Bryan/Garcia II; Electric Boogaloo. Bucks and "Held Up" against Los Fashion Instagrams! It's such good shit, pal.

-I was not for a second ever really sure Mox was in jeopardy until the shenanigans started. I watch Sammy throw Floyd into the ring and thought to myself; "you know, if they were gonna take the belt off Mox, this would be how to do it." Then Mox got the bulldog choke on and it was done. Minor complaint: Mox kicked out of the Judas Effect before. Full Gear 2020. The kickout so powerful it spawned a global pandemic. 

Postmatch was fine. I'm not all that excitedfor Punk to be back, but I know lots of people are, so good for them. I'm just a Mox guy, and I think he's done phenomenal work since getting clean. I just don't see how you take the title off that guy. I know that opens up Kingston/Punk at Grand Slam, but I still don't love it. 

AEW's got a lot of fun things potentially lined up. They also have some choices to make. I hope they maintain focus and stop diluting their on-air product with ROH and NJPW. Focus on your stars, established and young.

-

-

-

• Like 8

I know a lot of folks have been saying Jericho needs to go away for awhile, and maybe so. But I am down for him doing " The Many Faces Of Jericho" beating Foley by a lot.

" I don't want THIS Chris Jericho...I want ...the BOCKWINKEL Chris Jericho who punched HBK's wife right in the face!"

Theres so many to choose from. I hope he does all of them.

I also want JR to only call shows where Taz is on the call as well. Taz's reactions to some of JR's weird calls fucking rule.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, just drew said:

-Stoke with the Ass Boys is interesting. One day I hope to be as happy about anything as Bill Ass is when Danhausen enters the room. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

48 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I know a lot of folks have been saying Jericho needs to go away for awhile, and maybe so. But I am down for him doing " The Many Faces Of Jericho" beating Foley by a lot.

" I don't want THIS Chris Jericho...I want ...the BOCKWINKEL Chris Jericho who punched HBK's wife right in the face!"

Theres so many to choose from. I hope he does all of them.

I also want JR to only call shows where Taz is on the call as well. Taz's reactions to some of JR's weird calls fucking rule.

I, personally, am holding out for the return of:

- Broken arm Jericho who accidentally blades himself way too hard, and

- First time in Germany Jericho where the hard water and humidity makes his hair really frizzy. That's the Jericho I would demand to face, if I was ever given the opportunity to fight him.

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Dog said:

After all the people who complained about the Hangman/Dragon draw?

I loved it, but I’m mostly just thinking of weird fun ways to draw out the feud and intrigue and get multiple matches.

• Like 1

Thanks to @just drewfor reminding me that Mox, in addition to being on top of his wrestling game in 2022, is just killing it in the promo department as well. Very old school in the “semi-stream of consciousness very serious talking, never getting too excited except when talking about pain and violence” way. I’m not saying he’s Arn Anderson, but I’m saying that’s what he’s reminding me off lately.

• Like 5

@JLoweto me, promo quality is in the delivery. His is so effortless & believable that he almost got me to buy into the fact that he genuinely wanted to be inoculated against the disease of fans when he turned heel on Seth Rollins. I love how natural his promos are. He’s like “I’m gonna fuck you up and your your blood over my Frosted Flakes” and I’m sitting there thinking “grrrrrrreat!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Gordlow said:

I, personally, am holding out for the return of:

- Broken arm Jericho who accidentally blades himself way too hard, and

- First time in Germany Jericho where the hard water makes his hair really frizzy. That's the Jericho I would demand to face, if I was ever given the opportunity to fight him.

" I don't want this Chris Jericho! I want....the Chris Jericho...Who'd put.... MEEEEEEEE.. on THE LIST!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2