DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 8/8 - 8/14/2022

Dolfan in NYC

22 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

Tonighto

WWE United States Championship Match: Ciampa vs. Bobby Lashley (c)

Finn Balor vs. Rey Mysterio

TONIGHTO~!  Sorry.

• Like 1

Tatum Paxley apparently broke her nose legit in a match on the house show loop for NXT.  She's tweeting that she'll be fine.

Carmella was also injured in a house show over the weekend, no word on how bad that is.  This is the spot, though I'm not sure what it could be aside from a knee thing:

There are rumors swirling that the follow Tag Team will return for the Women's Tag Title Tournament

DEAN will be happy with what is inside the spoiler

Spoiler

Kabuki Warriors (Asuka & Kairi Sane)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

There are rumors swirling that the follow Tag Team will return for the Women's Tag Title Tournament

DEAN will be happy with what is inside the spoiler

Hide contents

Kabuki Warriors (Asuka & Kairi Sane)

That is purely running around because of some tweets both made in jest. there is basically no chance in hell of it happening with one being contracted to another company and busy running a business.

Would be fun to see though.

I'm trying to make it so that I can watch RAW without having to watch any of it in real time except the main event.  Last week I started watching at nine and caught up with 45 minutes to go.  Tonight,  I'm starting to watch at 9:50.  Let's see how close I get!  It's fun!  CONTROL walks out!  Oh do I want to listen to this?  Sure.  OH! SHE SHOOTS ON BIG TIME BECKS! AND HER WARDROBE!  Iyo says, " THE HUNGER!"  They face off with Alexa Bliss, Asuka and Bianca Belair!  Bayley is right, FUCK CLEVELAND!  Belair jumps Bayley!  Oh this is fun!  Is this the best pull apart this year?  I think it is.  It's Seth Rollins versus the Marty Jannetty of the Street Profits, Angelo Dawkins.  GREAT dropkick by Dawkins.  Ford distracts Rollins by being a complete weirdo.  That was really fucking great/strange.  Dawkins is THUS allowed to POUNCE Rollins across the announcer's table.  Upon returning, Dawkins is suddenly our face in peril.  Dawkins hits a Tope Con Hilo and then procures a variation on an EXPLOIDER and an INVERSE Butterfly Suplex!  Great nearfall off a Sky High Powerbomb by Dawkins.  Rollins channels his new boss and hits a Pedigree for the win!  Hell, BOTH Dawkins and Ford should get a singles run.   Seth Rollins is a total Wrestling Machine.  It's Ezekiel against Kevin Owens!  Hey! Kevin Owens is back.  Kevin Owens supplies a GIANT assbeating to Ezekiel.  That was fun.  Owens is GREAT laughing while they load Ezekiel onto the stretcher.  HHH IS Cowboy Bill Watts.  It's Finn Balor versus Rey Mysterio.  This can't not be good.  I fast forwarded through the Dominick component of this match but it isn't getting in the way of this match being really good.  I loved Rey countering Finn Balor's desecration of Eddy Guerrero's Three Amigos.  EDGE runs out and he and Damien Priest TAKE IT TO THE STREETS!  GREAT Nearfall on a Rey roll-up.  This match is fucking great.  Rhea Ripley drags out Dominick and Finn Balor takes advantage of a distracted Rey and gets the pin.  Rey Mysterio is fucking awesome.  OH NO!  The 24/7 championship is alive and well!  It's Tamina and Dana Brooke against Dakota Kai and Iyo Sky (no "e" at the end.  HHH IS IN CHARGE!)  Hey!  Tamina is punching Dakota Kai in the face and there aren't fifteen edits.  Dana Brooke (with an "e" at the end.  HHH WASN'T ALWAYS IN CHARGE!) hits a Plancha from the top turnbuckle to the floor!  Dana Brooke does the WWE TV thing of becoming a face in peril while in commercial.  Iyo Sky is so fucking awesome.  She is the Jamie Hayter of the RAW Women's roster.  Bayley is the Britt Baker of this match, being all CHEATING and hateful on the outside.  Iyo is fucking great making Tamina look like a killer.  Great nearfall by Tamina on a Samoan Drop.  Though she is Fijian.  Beautiful Muta Moonsault by Iyo.  That kind of turned into a bit of a wreck at the end there, that was fun.  Ciampa takes on Bobby Lashley and I can't see Ciampa winning this one unless they have a shitty pre-HHH WWE finish laying around.  Lashley pulverizes Ciampa early with power moves.  Once again, after a commercial, Lashley is our face in peril.  Lashley uses his overwhelming power to pulverize Ciampa further as a comeback.  This match is good.  Ciampa is all wily to match the power of Lashley.  AJ Styles chases the Miz off after he saves Ciampa by putting his foot on the ropes after a spear.  Ciampa is fucking great getting nearfall after nearfall.  This match is fucking great.  HURT LOCK!  LASHLEY WINS!  That was fucking WAAAAY better than I thought it would be.  Ciampa looked fucking great in that.  Omos beats two dudes.  It's Chad Gable against Dolph Ziggler.  This match is awesome.  It's Scott versus Rick.  I love that they OPT to throw a BattlARTS match in the middle of an episode of RAW.  GREAT fucking EVEREST GERMAN SUPLEX by Chad Gable.  Chad Gable IS Katsumi Usuda!    Gable is fucking great.  Ziggler is fucking great and wins with a FLASH SUPERKICK!  THAT was good.  That's what, FOUR good matches so far?  It's the Miz versus AJ Styles.  NO DQ!  Styles bumps like a lunatic to make the Miz look like a total murderer.  They cut away from the Miz crushing AJ with a dropkick through the ropes.  The Miz bumps big but Styles THROWS HIS BODY ACROSS THE BARRICADE LIKE A COMPLETE PSYCHO!  Styles beats on Miz with a Kendo stick- including an attack on Miz's giant testicles.  They do some nearfalls but they have already established the table at ringside.  Ciampa comes out so SOMEONE goes through a table and he does.  Now the nearfalls have more meaning now the table concept is dealt with.  The Miz is good but AJ Styles is like top ten in the world.  STYLES CLASH FOR THE WIN!  That was good!  FIVE GOOD TO GREAT MATCHES!  That has to be a modern day RAW record.  Let's hear it for HHH.

• Like 4

Absolutely howling @ HHH bringing back everybody who helped tank black and gold NXT for his astounding new vision of WWE.

Further existential proof that if we were all given a second chance at life, we would do the same dumb shit all over again. We cannot be helped.

Edited by EVA
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, EVA said:

Absolutely howling @ HHH bringing back everybody who helped tank black and gold NXT for his astounding new vision of WWE.

Further existential proof that if we were all given a second chance at life, we would do the same dumb shit all over again. We cannot be helped.

Did the talent themselves tank NXT, rather than putting it up against AEW?

4 minutes ago, EVA said:

Was it really HHH that tanked black and gold NXT or was it Vince pretty much killing anyone called up form NXT DOA.  NXT was pretty competitive with AEW up until the Survivor Series when they were all over tv.

3 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Was it really HHH that tanked black and gold NXT or was it Vince pretty much killing anyone called up form NXT DOA.  NXT was pretty competitive with AEW up until the Survivor Series when they were all over tv.

So…for like a month?

2 minutes ago, nofuture said:

I dunno man. I don’t think Vince or AEW had much to do with various combinations of Gargano, Ciampa and Cole having endless dreadful hour long matches for 3 years.

Thats what killed it for me, anyway.

• Like 1