DVDVR Message Board

WWE Clash at the Castle - 9/3/2022

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

That sing along shit would have been fine as post show off the air shit. I have no idea why they aired it live. And I can come up in my mind reasons for almost everything wrestling promotions do that don't not make sense.

Try to send the fans home happy and give a moment between Tyson Fury and Drew McIntyre I suppose. It only adds to how WWE Lex Luger'ed Drew McIntyre.

https://www.wwe.com/videos/yokozuna-vs-lex-luger-wwe-championship-match-summerslam-1993

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

Try to send the fans home happy and give a moment between Tyson Fury and Drew McIntyre I suppose. It only adds to how WWE Lex Luger'ed Drew McIntyre.

https://www.wwe.com/videos/yokozuna-vs-lex-luger-wwe-championship-match-summerslam-1993

Right, but why air it? That was a "cameras off for the live crowd " bit. Shit WWE released a DVD set of " Post RAW Bits"  ten years ago.  That sing along shit should have been for the live crowd only. 

• Like 1

I'd rank the WALTER/GUNTHER big matches I've seen in WWE:

7. WALTER vs. Pete Dunne. NXT TakeOver: New York. I need to watch this again. Haven't seen it since it happened.

6. WALTER vs. Ilja Dragunov. NXT UK TV, 29th October 2020.

5. Imperium vs. Undisputed Era. Worlds Collide 2020.

4. WALTER vs. Tommaso Ciampa. NXT TakeOver: Stand and Deliver.

3. WALTER vs. Ilja Dragunov. NXT TakeOver XXXVI. *****.

2. GUNTHER vs. Sheamus. Clash at the Castle 2022. *****.

1. WALTER vs. Tyler Bate. NXT UK TakeOver: Cardiff. *****.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Right, but why air it? That was a "cameras off for the live crowd " bit. Shit WWE released a DVD set of " Post RAW Bits"  ten years ago.  That sing along shit should have been for the live crowd only. 

Even the live crowd wasn't buying Tyson Fury and Drew McIntyre's karaoke.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

8 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

5 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Even the live crowd wasn't buying Tyson Fury and Drew McIntyre's karaoke.

Said same as y'all earlier:

11 hours ago, The Natural said:

Drew McIntyre looked a right idiot having a sing a long trying to send the fans home happy after he lost the chance to become Undisputed WWE Universal Champion.

• Like 1

Overall that was a fun show.

I'll echo the sentiment for Gunther/Sheamus. What a goddamn war. Great to see Imperium reunited. 

Rollins/Riddle was really good. Seth needed to pick up a win on a big show.

Edge got turned on...again? Dude must me a real a-hole lol. 

Drew needed to win. I was hoping he would win. Even if he loses it at the Saudi show. They totally Luger'd him at the end there.

It's funny...early in the show I was talking to my buddy about Solo...and there he was lol.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

Drew needed to win. I was hoping he would win. Even if he loses it at the Saudi show. They totally Luger'd him at the end there.

Funny thing is, winning here and losing at Blood Money would have just been a different kind of getting Luger'd (WCW 97 instead of WWF 93).

• Like 4

I was surprised at the end of Drew/Roman until I remembered that Triple H is the guy who probably booked Roderick Strong's NXT title chase against Bobby Roode years back. Where Strong was booked as an ultra-babyface, working hard to get out of the trailer park and toiling in the indies to get where he was. And now he's fighting for his wife and unborn child!

And then Roode, doing his best Dollar Tree version of Triple H, beat him decisively with Marina sitting in the front row at Takeover.

• Like 1

More love for this show. 

Dom Guerrero as the Wild Eyed Latino Boy is license to print money. Let him clothesline everyone who doubts him forever. 

After All Out, Sheamus/Gunther is match of the weekend followed by Kingston/Ishii. 

Rollins/Riddle starting with them throwing haymakers is exactly how you start a blood feud match. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Meltzer gave Gunther/Sheamus 5 stars which is only the 2nd WWE main roster match to hit that in the last decade

Well deserved. Cody Rhodes vs. Seth Rollins inside Hell in a Cell this June was the other. Gave both *****.

I think GUNTHER/Sheamus is my new MOTY.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Rest of the ratings:

Madcap Moss & Street Profits vs Austin Theory & Alpha Academy: ***.25

Bayley, Dakota Kai & Iyo Sky vs Bianca Belair, Asuka & Alexa Bliss: ****

Gunther (c) vs Sheamus (Intercontinental Championship): *****

Liv Morgan (c) vs Shayna Baszler (Smackdown Womens Championship): ***.25

Edge & Rey Mysterio vs Finn Balor & Damian Priest: ***.75

Seth Rollins vs Matt Riddle: ****.25

Roman Reigns (c) vs Drew McIntyre (Undisputed WWE Universal Championship): ****.5

---

I'd go with those.