DVDVR Message Board

AEW Battle of the Belts III - 8/6/2022

19 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I'm for keeping things small and exclusive and the 'mentality' spreading as @JLowesuggests. But then, I can't say Regal extending the hand to Takeshita doesn't make me want to see more of them in tandem. 

If they cap it right now for Takeshita and extend an offer to a women's competitor, that'd be the perfect fit and limit for right now.

• Like 3

Jamie Hayter is tough as fuck!  Watching on my phone later at night, I didn't notice her nose.  I went back and rewatched in the morning on the big TV and GOD DAMN.  Awful impact and her nose was moved over by an inch for the rest of the match.  But all she did was hold her face for a sec, then continue.  What a badass.

Helluva kick.  Flip senton.  Blue Thunder Bomb.  Brainbusters.  Are we sure Takeshita wasn't really El Generico and everything else wasn't just done to throw us off the scent?

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3

I FINALLY got around to watching the INTERNATIONAL FEED and MAN, were both the women's match and the ROH match fucking amazing with the added layer of texture.  That Takeshita/Claudio match WAS Barry Windham vs Barry Windham.  That match is fucking awesome.  Thunder Rosa was great in that match because of her facial expressions.  That's how you sell an ass beating.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Log said:

I'd be for Tim Thatcher or Biff Busick joining, but I kind of feel like they'd need to kick Yuta out for that to happen.

I was thinking it'd be fun if they just went full heel and ran roughshod over AEW, just destroying everyone and fucking up matches, etc. But then, you need someone compelling to finally stop them, and I just can't think of who would be good for that. Like, I don't want to see a fully-reunited Elite of Bucks, Hangman and Kenny do it. I just don't know who'd make sense. Maybe Yuta puts together a group of young guys and they do?

Long term, I think having Yuta split and form his own team of young guys is where they should/will go. Regal has already been talking about how BCC likes having guys like Moriarty, Garcia, etc. who are getting the mentality but not in the club so they have people to fight with.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

I FINALLY got around to watching the INTERNATIONAL FEED and MAN, were both the women's match and the ROH match fucking amazing with the added layer of texture.  That Takeshita/Claudio match WAS Barry Windham vs Barry Windham.  That match is fucking awesome.  Thunder Rosa was great in that match because of her facial expressions.  That's how you sell an ass beating.

Didn't people use to say Shunji Takano was the Japanese Barry Windham? There ya go.

If they want a woman in BCC, Leyla Hirsch would fit like a glove once she comes back from the ACL.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Pete said:

they want a woman in BCC, Leyla Hirsch would fit like a glove once she comes back from the ACL.

I'm down for that. I really wanted her in Team Taz when they were riding high, but I'm with you - BCC might be an even better stylistic fit. That said, if they only add one woman, Serena Deeb would be my top pick. Like Leyla, she would benefit *tremendously* from having Regal as a mouthpiece. I guess it would come down to whether it makes more sense to go for the more fully-formed wrestler in Deeb (another Mox/Bryan/Cesaro type) or for someone more moldable like Leyla (more akin to Yuta's positioning within the group.

Beyond one or *maybe* two more people, I say keep it to the original guys though - too many waters down the mission statement.

• Like 1

Jamie Hayter really should get that belt soon. I think she might be AEW's Sasha Banks in the sense that she was initially a supporting character that got organically over and progressively steals more and more spotlight each time she's out there. She's winning the fans over and hopefully TK realizes this is his real star in the women's division.

When it comes to Rosa, I love her presentation, the wardrobe, and the effort and enthusiasm she brings, but yeah... She's kinda floundering right now. Luckily, AEW believes in cycling people out, so I think a break would do her good. Let her come back to a good spot and rebuild that momentum she had when she won the belt.

• Like 6