DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 8/5/2022

29 minutes ago, porksweats said:

Didn't hear anyone chant Puppies there live, there was an Armbar chant at one point.

I don't at all agree with the notion put forth in the tweet as I'm really looking forward to the Emi trios whenever it airs, etc., and listening again, I can't be 100% sure, but that's what it sounds like to me around the 50 second mark here:

33 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

You don't seem to be understanding what I mean by that statement then. I only mean that my opinion of something doesn't have any impact on your ability to enjoy that same thing that I think sucks.

You snipped the part of my post where I break down exactly why his performance doesn't do anything for me. I'm not sure if that's just you willfully ignoring that part, or you just saw something you wanted to use to try to fire back a response, so you did so.

In my post, I repeatedly state, "I think" or "in my opinion". That's me speaking for myself, as a consumer. I'm not going to buy his merch, and I'm not buying any tickets specifically to see him. I'm not going to stand up and face away from the ring while he's working, but I might boo him, regardless of whether or not he's supposed to be the babyface. He doesn't connect with me as a character, and here we are, on a discussion board about pro wrestling, and I'm discussing my likes and dislikes!!

I don't have to dig his shit, and I can make statements as to why it doesn't work for me while not shitting on your ability to like something. I break down pretty well what I think is unlikable for me about that gimmick, and also flat-out state that I don't wish him any ill will, and you somehow see that as me being disapproving or resentful of his success. (Which you don't seem to think is successful enough? I don't know. You lost me a little bit on that part.)

You seem to think that my statement means I want to change someone's mind. I don't. I'm expressing my dislike of an artist's art, and that doesn't make anyone beholden to changing their thoughts.

You have some thoughts about what constitutes "respectable" ring attire that I don't agree with, but I'm not out here looking to change your mind about them. Your opinion is yours, and it's correct for you. It doesn't have to be for anyone else. 

I don't recall ever saying the word 'respectable' in relation to clothing here or elsewhere in which I wasn't applying at least a bit of a sense of humour. That said, I've been made fully aware that it may cause some sensitivity amongst some of our community here. It's not something I want to poke any further with nor do I feel the need to discuss any further than that. As for your comments on Warhorse, this present discussion, to reiterate, I was curious why somebody would feel so harshly against somebody who 1) doesn't seem to be on any sort of wrestling collective radar (at least not one forced upon anybody - might be wrong there?) and 2) why somebody would seemingly begrudge somebody working hard to try and 'make it' whom is evidently nowhere near said goal. I'm not asking here any further, your comments prior, in addiiton to the above, are completely clear. Yes, my conclusion is different from yours. Tomato / Toe-mat-o? 

Edited by HarryArchieGus

14 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I don't at all agree with the notion put forth in the tweet as I'm really looking forward to the Emi trios whenever it airs, etc., and listening again, I can't be 100% sure, but that's what it sounds like to me around the 50 second mark here:

Sounds like "we want something". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Sounds like "we want something". 

Yeah we definitely shouted that. We were incredibly bored for this match, it was just not bringing anything to us.

Edited by porksweats
clarifying bored statment
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I don't recall ever saying the word 'respectable' in relation to clothing here or elsewhere in which I wasn't applying at least a bit of a sense of humour. That said, I've been made fully aware that it may cause some sensitivity amongst some of our community here. It's not something I want to poke any further with nor do I feel the need to discuss any further than that. 

On 8/4/2022 at 6:50 AM, HarryArchieGus said:

I’d also suggest, tho I undeniably enjoy her current ring gear, I wonder if something slightly more respectable might be a better idea for her and the company overall. Perhaps I’m wrong here.

I'm not trying to beat a dead (War)horse. But here's your quote. It doesn't come off as a joke. 

As for why my thoughts on the aforementioned Warhorse came up, someone else here made reference to him, and I stated my opinion on his work and overall presentation. I apologize if my phrasing made you think I had some kind of grudge to harbor against him, that was not my intent. I simply was making a joke about inane shit painted on someone's wall while simultaneously shitting on a worker I don't enjoy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grilledcheese said:

I'm not trying to beat a dead (War)horse. But here's your quote. It doesn't come off as a joke. 

Joke? Here again, I think you might actually be doing the exact opposite of what you're saying you aren't. And you're welcome to conclude as you wish. Enjoy!

Edited by HarryArchieGus

On 8/4/2022 at 8:17 PM, Gordlow said:

I do tend to think of Mox and Mance as street brawling maniacs. Perhaps they'll throw a curveball and do lots of elaborate chain wrestling? I'll bet they could pull that off. On the other hand, I predict they'll (literally) beat the blood and snot out of one another.

Also Madison Rayne will fight Leyla Grey or Leila Gray or however she spells it. I don't have enough time to watch impact. Presumably Mean DEAN and others have opinions on how good this is likely to be. I like watching new-to-me wrestlers. I don't need no video package explaining who she is. I can let her show me, in the ring. 

On the subject of video packages; Debut's have been a bit tricky for this company but I felt MONCE was handled perfectly. A quick highlight of him winning the bunkhouse stampede to show why he's getting the shot at MOX and a brief promo to let us know who he is. I feel this could be a winning formula for bringing in new folks 

• Like 4

On 8/6/2022 at 9:39 AM, Matt D said:
  • I don't have a ton of thoughts about Mance vs Mox. It feels like a good entry into Mox's 2022, just another match on the list. Mance kind of comes off as the Rock'n'Roll RPMs of tough guys, the sort that could have a great run in Puerto Rico or be the center of a tag team division in Central States, good hand, nice variety to see once or twice, but..

I want to like Mance, I do, but he comes off like MJF or, in their most cloying moments, FTR: modern wrestlers who are trying just way too hard to be throwbacks to wrestlers of the past.  It's fine to incorporate aspects into your game, but when you're hitting me over the head with the references and having almost nothing of your own, then there's no "you."  You're just a collection of references glued together with no real selling point outside that, like a tribute act.  These guys seemingly don't get that there's a difference between working an old school style vs having old school be your gimmick.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I want to like Mance, I do, but he comes off like MJF or, in their most cloying moments, FTR: modern wrestlers who are trying just way too hard to be throwbacks to wrestlers of the past.  It's fine to incorporate aspects into your game, but when you're hitting me over the head with the references and having almost nothing of your own, then there's no "you."  You're just a collection of references glued together with no real selling point outside that, like a tribute act.  These guys seemingly don't get that there's a difference between working an old school style vs having old school be your gimmick.

Ah, yes. The Greta Van Fleets of wrestling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1