DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 8/3/2022

The Natural

The two biggest stars in the tag were glaring weak spots. I don't know what's going on with Rosa. Is she injured? If I go back and watch her run before she signed will I see such laboured movement? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HumanChessgame said:

Was that dumpster match supposed to be a callback to the NAO/Kane and Mankind match featuring a dumpster spot?

No, the Dumpster match with NAO vs. Funk and Foley. Down to the styrofoam peanuts! What made me laugh was them not getting the angle to roll them off right at first which is something that happens to me moving furniture on a flatbed platform at work every day. 

I was really disappointed in Wheeler vs. Jericho. Jericho was just sucking there. The elbows and slaps were painfully bad. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I seriously wonder sometimes if I’m watching the same show as some people.

I'm gonna try to be a good boy and not bite a hole through my lip, but RAW has/is going to be fawned over for awhile for producing competent wrestling and good Dynamites like this are gonna receive the no small amount of entitled bellyaching.

Not that I can't bellyache. Did you hear JR bury the concept of the superplex?

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

I'm gonna try to be a good boy and not bite a hole through my lip, but RAW has/is going to be fawned over for awhile for producing competent wrestling and good Dynamites like this are gonna receive the no small amount of entitled bellyaching.

Not that I can't bellyache. Did you hear JR bury the concept of the superplex?

I thought he was doing pretty good until then, too.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Madison Rayne is actually wrestling and not just working in the back!  I wonder if she will be a conduit to get KnockOuts to forbidden door into AEW.  Especially, with the rumors surrounding AEW copyrighting All Elite Women. 

This is great news. The greenhornes will get some proper reps and side by side with other greenhornes. And the better matches will look that much better. I dug those tag tourny all Women's specials. I certainly wouldn't be opposed to this meaning they drop the one per formula on Dynamite/Rampage. And then a big special match at the PPV. 

Mox is wrestling Mance Warner Friday because they haven't had blood on TV in a few days.    AEW RULES THE MOTHERFUCKING WORLD.  

Dreams can come true! First the Briscoes, now goddamn Mance Warner! I don't know Mance much outside of a few impressive MLW promos and matches, so correct me if I'm wrong in thinking he has potential to be a darkhorse main event money player.

• Like 3

I enjoyed the dumptruck match even more than the dumpster match. Which I really enjoyed. Very enjoyable show. I enjoyed myself throughout. 

Orange Cassidy being exciting without ever getting excited is something special.

Yuta vs Jericho was some darned fine pro wrestling!

I think Matt vs Christian has run longer than Flair vs Steamboat ('77 through '94) or vs Sting (which ran into the TNA years). Maybe Sheik vs Bobo Brazil has them beat in number of years, but I doubt even they fought 182 times. (169 according to Cagematch). 182 has to be a record of some sort. 

I wonder if Caster, Bowens, Austin, and/or Colten will end up fighting a hundred or more times in their careers. Let's hope  so!

Do you think Christian has lost his edge?

Matt has definitely lost his jeff.

LOVED the Bojack reference!

Love how they are using the All Atlantic. Just an excuse to show PAC fighting British guys. Perfect.

Loved the JCP/AEW crossover!

LION TAMER!

Speaking of Europeans: Claudio is European. Takeshita is Oriental. Who the hell are we meant to cheer for here?

Sammy vs Mad King

Starks vs Hobbs

Miro vs Malakai

Darby vs King

Mox vs Mance!

Takeshita vs Claudio!!

The list of potentially great upcoming matches is - unlike Jamie Hayter - bottomless!

Crying kid was the best thing on the show. Which is REALLY saying something. Don't worry kid, BTE is more entertaining when Matt and Nick are good guys.

Do you want to know what makes Daddy Magic's nipples hard?!?

Refence-getter Jones ?

Edited by Gordlow
Daddy Magic's nippples
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Let me tell you guys, everything but the Lethal/Wardlow match have been special booked for me to see live, right down to the Tony Nese feature presentation. I cannot wait for Friday. 

I'm mourning the death of Team Taz but it ran its course and everyone's over. Isn't that the ultimate goal of a stable?

• Like 14

1 hour ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Dreams can come true!

See, I told everyone on the Discord that there was somebody here that wanted Mance in AEW. Had to be you. 

Personally I think Mance is great and he'll be a fun fun fun matchup for Mox. It'll be nice and bloody. 

Forgot about the open, that was good. The emoji shirt is gonna go through the roof. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On PinP commentary, they said that Jericho was doing the weak Hammer and Anvil elbows as a way of mocking the BCC. Which was probably Excalibur trying to cover for it looking bad, but that's his job, so good.

Disappointingly, Taz didn't say "We got Ren Jones Jones out here" for the Hobbs squash.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

See, I told everyone on the Discord that there was somebody here that wanted Mance in AEW. Had to be you. 

Personally I think Mance is great and he'll be a fun fun fun matchup for Mox. It'll be nice and bloody. 

Forgot about the open, that was good. The emoji shirt is gonna go through the roof. 

It's possible I've been talked into this view. He's a fun promo. I don't remember a particular match, but I just always liked him and didn't like much of anything in Major League Wrestling. Including MJF who was sloppy as fuck during what I saw of that run (just prior to AEW starting). I did however dig the young heel Brian Pillman Jr. Seeing as they showed clips from the JCP show, I'm hoping the Pillman-Andersons team makes its way to the 'main roster' as well. Er well, start em on Dark TK. And why not go ahead and make good on my other hope of a Griff-Lee Johnson team - the double switch! Anybody recall that happening before?

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

It's possible I've been talked into this view. He's a fun promo. I don't remember a particular match, but I just always liked him and didn't like much of anything in Major League Wrestling. Including MJF who was sloppy as fuck during what I saw of that run (just prior to AEW starting). I did however dig the young heel Brian Pillman Jr. Seeing as they showed clips from the JCP show, I'm hoping the Pillman-Andersons team makes it way to the 'main roster' as well. Er well, start em on Dark TK. And why not go ahead and make good on my other hope of a Griff-Lee Johnson team - the double switch. Anybody recall that happening before?

Yeah, the Natural Born Thrillers in WCW did a partner switch. The teams were Mark Jindrak & Sean O'Haire, and Shawn Stasiak & Chuck Palumbo. But then they became Palumbo & O'Haire, and Jindrak & Stasiak.

• Like 3

Was this a perfect episode? No. But it was still in my view a good one.

Orange Cassidy vs. Jay Lethal was a fun match. I liked the work on the leg by Jay and Cassidy being severely limited by it. After the match, The Best Friends as Vincent Adultman gave me a good laugh.

I saw the Ultimate Elite turning on the Bucks a mile away. Great to see Hangman make the save. But what the hell was Hangman wearing with those pants?

Baker/Hayter vs. ThunderStorm was a damn good match. I figured it would be the usual AEW Women's tag that doesnt get nearly enough time, but I was pleasantly surprised when it did. Glad to see Hayter pick up the win.

Missed the Hobbs match because I turned to Big Brother to see what was going on. The eventual Ricky vs. Hobbs match is gonna be so good.

Cage vs. Hardy was the usual Cage vs. Hardy match. Matt is starting to look every bit of his age while Christian looks about ten years younger. Can't wait for Jungle Jack vs. Christian. That should be a good one as well.

The Dumpster match was fun. Acclaimed have the best intro in AEW with these raps. The Mic Drop from the entrance through a table should make the intro video. Post match was nasty though. Those zipties didn't work and I swear one of the Gunn's foot got landed on by the edge of the dumpster.

Jericho vs. Yuta was good. Yeah Jericho shouldn't try to do everything he did 25 years ago, but still he's effective at what he does. Wheeler is over. But Mox vs. Jericho is the match we're getting and Jericho promising to be The Lionheart again should be fun.

Overall a good show as always.

• Like 3