DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 8/3/2022

The Natural

I wouldn't mind a reverse on the title match with Eddie costing Jericho and YUTA getting to test himself against the final boss of the BCC with the title on the line. That said; I saw someone's idea of a hot potato of the belt from MOX to Jericho to Kingston to set up Kingston vs Punk for the unification.

Love Hobbs. Hope this split works out for him as well as it's going to work for Ricky "Better than Sammy Guevara in every way" Starks.

Not sure what the next step if the Undisputed Elite. Do the Bucks and RD bicker over who gets to team with Cole to chase the Trios titles? Will Omega show up outta nowhere?

Excited to see what happens as there's a number of interesting directions this can all be taken!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Will Omega show up?

My take on this show was that I am more excited for Claudio vs Takeshita on Rampage than for any of this, but still excited enough for all of this to have literally picked up some popcorn on the way home from work, probably least excited for Undisputed Elite to appear or return or whatever, probably most excited for Hayter and Storm to put on a dumpster match of their own if you get my drift...

(My drift is that there will be hip attacks)

But, yeah! Kenny! I am more stoked now. Good call!

I'm also unreasonably stoked to watch a Hobbs squash. Someone's gonna get yeeted!

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I think they backed themselves into a corner with the stip for Yuta/Jericho. It would make perfect sense for BCC to do some light interference and give Wheeler a marquee win after Garcia got a marquee win last week. However, I don't think it does Wheeler any good to lose to Mox 4 times in a year even if the last 2 are highly competitive. Next time those two square off (which shouldn't be so soon), Wheeler needs to win.

• Like 1

The only way they could do Yuta vs Mox next week would be if they wanted to turn Mox. Regal could throw in the towel for Wheeler when Mox can’t put him away, and then he and Mox De Niro kick him into oblivion. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, (BP) said:

The only way they could do Yuta vs Mox next week would be if they wanted to turn Mox. Regal could throw in the towel for Wheeler when Mox can’t put him away, and then he and Mox De Niro kick him into oblivion. 

Too soon for that, too, IMO. I'm a little biased sitting here typing this in my BCC shirt, but I think theyve stumbled onto something really special with this group. Even if it wasn't initially intended to be long term, it would be a big mistake to kill it off now, I think.

I know I say this in practically every friggin' post now, but, again: really depends on what happens with ROH. I really like the idea of Garcia and Yuta being the young cornerstones there, but still having that BCC/JAS association behind them to add a little credibility to what is essentially a "new" company.

• Like 3

No way should Wheeler win against Jericho and get a title shot he’s not going to win (in a rematch from a match that happened like 2 months ago).

It’s been done too often and too recently and not even Wheeler’s mom would believe they were going to make him the interim champion.

IMO, you keep it simple and have him get the upper hand early on and then Jericho cheats to get the advantage and then goes too far “injuring” Moxley’s protege thus adding some more heat to the title match.

And you have Wheeler set up to get revenge on Jericho somewhere down the road.

• Like 3

The fact people are even debating whether Wheeler might win shows that this has been well booked. If they hadn't specified that he could take Jericho's place next week with a win, everyone would see it as a foregone conclusion.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I kinda like an AEW Dynamite that doesn't have much that interests me on paper. This is a rarity. I suppose bad Dynamites are also a rarity, but I like a show that punches above it's weight. I'm with Henry Hill aka @Zakk_Sabbathon the Christian-Hardy match. Hoping the Gunns and Acclaimed make great use of the TV time. That said, one of my biggest peeves with AEW booking is the gimmick match leading off a feud. I'm hoping for lots of Toni-Jamie in that ladies tag. Really hoping they move Rosa to a more comfortable, more doable for her talent level, gatekeeper role soon. Not at all enjoying her heading up this division. I'm game for Lethal-OC and curious to see if Yuta can carry the tired ol vet. And Moggsley promos are always fun. Puh-puh-Powerhouse! I need to know what he's thinking. I'd also like to know Taz's feelings. I hope they aren't hurt.

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 4

JANE!  Versus Jay Lethal!  Lethal destroys Orange Cassidy's knee after everybody in the periphery finish fucking around. Cassidy is AEW's Ricky Steamboat- in that he is a sympathetic babyface the crowd really gets behind.  Lethal has a BONANZA of offense to apply for Cassidy to react to.  Cassidy's comeback has the crowd totally MOLTEN.  Lethal keeps crushing Cassidy's knee and Cassidy keeps coming back and it's awesome.  Lethal finally puts Cassidy away with a Lethal Injection, but Cassidy is an amazing wrestler in a 1970's way.  He is an old school babyface and I can't think of a wrestler today who gets the reaction he gets.  Wardlow heats up the match with Jay Lethal for a match where I'm assuming Lethal gets slaughtered at.  Adam Cole turns on the Young Bucks!  YES!  Hangman makes the save!  Where is Kenny Omega?  Boooooo!  What was up with Hangman's pants? WHAT IS GOING ON?  Jon Moxley is neat.  Jungle Boy almost runs over Tony Schiavonne!  It's Britt Baker!  It's Jamie Hayter!  It's Rebel with really tight paunts!  It's Thunder Rosa, who is dressed for a street fight!  Toni Storm is dressed to be our face in peril!  TR and Storm do some babyface double teams on Hayter and we await Storm to get beat on. Hayter fucking KILLS Thunder Rosa with a punch in the face.  Huh.  Thunder Rosa is going to be our face in peril.  Storm is so good at it, though.  Maybe they will do two heat segments.  I await the INTERNATIONAL FEED to see Jamie Hayter apply the assbeat on the big screen.  Toprope Air Raid Crash on Storm by Baker!  Great save by Thunder!  This match is fun!  Jamie Hayter is so fucking great. Storm makes with the ENDLESS BUTTS!  Storm crushes Thunder accidentally!  With her butt!  Hayter with a RAINMAKER for the WIN!  That match was awesome!  That needs tag belts involved.  Hobbs kills Ren Jones.  Ricky Stark storms the ring!  A babyface pop!  Aaaaand  Hobbs fucking KILLS him with a Spinebuster!  I quickly looked it up on cagematch.net and Christian Cage and Matt Hardy have been in ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY TWO matches together.  I assume they can do this in their sleep.  This is a WWE match and it breaks up the craziness of the rest of the show.  Cage looks awesome in picture in picture.  IATIF.  They come back to regular screen with a Superplex on Cage.  Cage is bumping like a freak to get Hardy's offence over.  Cage channels HE WHO WILL NOT BE NAMED and hits a toprope headbutt.  Hardy misses an elbow and goes through the table.  Cage hits the Killswitch and that was good.  Postmatch, Jungle Boy saves Hardy's skull's bacon!  Daniel Garcia is awesome as a very intense Axe Body Spray Scented NEW Alpha Male.  Ethan Page aligns with Stokely Hathaway!  Anna JAS is CRAZY!  A lot is going on tonight.  Austin Gunn shows up in ski pants!  Colton and Austin are so fucking great dying early to allow Max Caster to RAP!  Austin Gunn is fucking great.  AEW isn't afraid of the BLADE!  I don't know if a whimsical match like this needs blood.  Eh,  why not?  Austin Gunn is so awesome in picture in picture.  This match is fucking great.  MIC DROP OFF THE ARCHWAY THROUGH A TABLE THROUGH COLTEN!  They chuck the Ass Boy filled dumpster off the ramp!  Konosuke Takeshita and Claudio talk folks into the building with neither having English as their first language.  Bix noted on Twitter that ticket sales ballooned after this match was announced.  That's awesome.  Madison Rayne is actually wrestling and not just working in the back!  I wonder if she will be a conduit to get KnockOuts to forbidden door into AEW.  Especially, with the rumors surrounding AEW copyrighting All Elite Women.  Wheeler Yuta is OVER everywhere. Actually, Wheeler Yuta is as over as a sympathetic babyface as Orange Cassidy.  As we go to picture in picture, I guess we'll see how much the crowd gets behind Yuta's STRUGGLE to escape the Hart's Dungeon trained onslaught by Chris Jericho.  Yeah, the crowd is behind Yuta.  Not quite as crazy as they are behind Cassidy,  though they are pretty MOLTEN for Yuta.  They explode for Yuta escaping the Boston Crab.  Three topes by Wheeler!  Jericho is fucking great in this.  Code Breaker counter to a toprope crossbody!  Trading submissions until Jericho applies the Walls of Jericho and Wheeler Yuta taps!  Jericho doesn't release it and MOX makes the save!  That was a great fucking match.  That was a great episode.   Mox is wrestling Mance Warner Friday because they haven't had blood on TV in a few days.    AEW RULES THE MOTHERFUCKING WORLD.  

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, TimLivingston said:

There was a Battlebots commercial tonight, congrats to TK on getting the TNN deal. 

As a diehard fan of the fine sport of robot combat I got you all on the Battlebots questions. Yes, there is an indie scene.

• Like 5

Y'know when they have a really good women's match on Rampage or Dark and you're like "why isn't this on Dynamite"? This was better than those.

Acclaimed / Gunn Club was the best Attitude Era Revivalism match I've seen on TV, god damn that was sports entertaining.

Yuta really got a lot out of that Jericho kid. This was a good one.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 6

A real miss tonight but both the women's tag and the main event were good and we also got a fire Hobbs/Starks angle. Enjoyed the new spooky evil version of Hobbs' theme. Next week looks good on paper. 

Crowd popping large for Hayter winning made my day tho. If only they understood what they have in her. Instead she's immediately fed to Rosa in a show nobody will watch. (I will watch it). 

5 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

That womens tag team match *chefs kiss*

On a night of very good to excellent matches, that was my MOTN. They brought the stiffness, and I get the sense that Rosa and Storm enjoyed laying it into Britt.

• Like 7

Was that dumpster match supposed to be a callback to the NAO/Kane and Mankind match featuring a dumpster spot?

Ol' Mancer is All Elite. I hope he gets mic time at some point.

Are the Bucks supposed to be faces now just by virtue of being attacked and saved by Page? I'm guessing this is the final of the trios tournament or results in one team fucking the other at some point.

• Like 1