DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 8/1 - 8/7/2022

Dolfan in NYC

It's Ricochet versus Happy Corbin.  It's very jumpy and flippy and Ricochet hits a Tope Con Hilo.  He then takes a Lariat like Davey Boy Smith.  So after watching the Gunther match and watching this match, Ricochet is a more conventionally highflying version of Darby Allin.  He wrestles for two and bumps like a lunatic to make Corbin look like a killer.  Man, Ricochet goes up enormously  for a Corbin backdrop.  Corbin has GOT to be hoping that he will wrestle Ricochet a thousand more times.  Corbin gets distracted by Pat McAfee and falls victim to a very nice Shooting Star Press.  So Ricochet is completely awesome.  Oh man!  GUNTHER vs Shinsuke Nakamura!  This should be good. Oh!  It's Ludwig Kaiser again.  WOMP WOMP!  This will be fine.  Nakamura is laying it in tonight.  I love that Nakamura and GUNTHER jaw at each other in Japanese and German, respectively.  Kaiser is good in a scrawny NXT kind of way.  Nakamura knees Kaiser in the head and he and GUNTHER FACE OFF! That'll be good.  Liv Morgan sounds like a weasel making excuses for tapping.  Strange booking.  Sonya Deville is dressed as an X-Man.  It's a good look.  Oh man, is this gauntlet match going an hour?  That would be awesome.   Sonya Deville being my favorite wrestler in WWE should win this!  Aliyah gets in some stuff for a minute before being eliminated.  Raquel Rodriguez is going to eliminate Deville, isn't she?  She is crushing Sonya with a chokeslam and I am a little disappointed.  I am weeping.  Inside.  Shotzi Blackheart is going to lose to Raquel too, I'm guessing.  Rodriguez is a big mean lady.  Shotzi gets totally crushed.  Xi Li!  She is the Skye Blue of the Smackdown Women's division- in that if this was AEW, I would spend the whole match wondering if she is actually signed.  Li gets crushed.  Natalya should get past Rodriguez.  Natalya is completely awesome.  McAfee makes us contemplate Raquel Rodriguez' groin.  Impressive Everest Body Slam!  Sharpshooter by Natalya!  Raquel makes the ropes!  Natalya gets crushed!  Shayna Baszler is winning this, I assume.  They have gotten Rodriguez over as the Destroyer of The Division by going through 5 wrestlers.  Baszler should be strong enough to re-crush the knee of Rodriguez.  I like that Baszler counters the corner body thingy that Rodriguez hit on everyone she beat.  Baszler rolls her up and gets the pin.  Kind of an anti-climatic finish but it made sense.  That was good. JIM MULKEY!?!?  Could he be?  He gets beat up by the Viking Raiders.  The Viking Raiders ARE the Nasty Boys. Kofi Kingston takes on ERIK postmatch!  ERIK beats on Kingston like he is a Mulkey.  Kofi is feisty.  ERIK keeps killing him and Kofi keeps kicking out.  KOFI STEALS THE WIN!  That was fun.  Hey!  It's Karrion Kross!  Or is it Carrion Cross?  Well, there you go.  We get to see Killer Kross wrestle again!  That was a good episode.

• Like 1

I guess one benefit of Hunter/new regime re-hires is interesting challengers for Roman. Scarlett and Kross have that great WWE feel of even though he's not a great wrestler but the two have a really solid act.

Fall and pray, Roman.

Ricochet and Corbin was fun!

• Like 1

Ricochet/Corbin was good.

Skipped around the Liv segment. Kind of annoyed how they fucked up her reign with that stupid  Summerslam finish.

Gauntlet match started off solid if a little awkward in Aliyah/Sonya, but was good once Raquel got in and went all the way till the end. The finish to Raquel/Shayna worked though I agree was a little on the weak side.

VR squash was fun. Kofi/Erik right after was even more fun.

The final segment with Kross's return was something. Kross looked better than he did in NXT or his first main roster run. Still unsure as to why HHH favors him so damn much. He proved in his NXT run he really was missing that it factor. Scarlett is not going to be enough to carry him through. Disappointed to see them return though at the same time its at least a fresh face, and the re-debut was solid enough.

• Like 2

What did Liv say to the fans when they were heckling her? It looked like something got bleeped out here on the Canadian feed as she spoke with no sound and then Cole and McAfee kinda chuckled and moved quickly along.

Ricochet-Corbin was pretty fun, especially the big backdrop. Commentary put him over pretty big tonight.

Womens' gauntlet was pretty fun especially with the Sonya promo to begin making you think she's going all the way, then she pretty quickly wasn't. Nattie looked terrified on that last move by Raquel, who really needs to stop smiling so much. 

Interesting that we had a Mulkey tagged with a Gibson tonight. With the blonde mullet, I'm pretty sure someone wanted to call them Morton and Gibson then realized that wa a little too on the nose.

I actually like Kross being back in that he never really moved the needle in NXT but I think WWE style might suit him better because he won't be in there with indy workrate-type guys and can have some fun plunder brawls and cover up his limitations with more smoke and mirrors.

I wonder what other NXT main roster fumbles we see brought back? Johnny Gargano would seem like an obvious one. Bronson Reed (I know he's in Impact but...)?Timothy Thatcher?, The rest of Hit Row (sans Swerve?), Velveteen Dream? (No probably not!)

1 minute ago, caley said:

What did Liv say to the fans when they were heckling her? It looked like something got bleeped out here on the Canadian feed as she spoke with no sound and then Cole and McAfee kinda chuckled and moved quickly along.

It was the same on the US version.

3 minutes ago, caley said:

Interesting that we had a Mulkey tagged with a Gibson tonight. With the blonde mullet, I'm pretty sure someone wanted to call them Morton and Gibson then realized that wa a little too on the nose.

As they chanted "You tapped out", Liv said she appreciated them calling her out on her shit and she gets it.   I was surprised how heavily she got booed as that was unusual but the Summerslam match was no good.

I popped for Cole saying "I don't think this Tommy Gibson has any relation to Hoot"

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

I popped for Cole saying "I don't think this Tommy Gibson has any relation to Hoot"

You just know that line gave Vince an aneurysm.  I have a vision of him sitting watching along, railing lines of coke, eating a steak and getting angrier and angrier as the show went on.

”RICOCHET!!!

A MULKEY!!

WHO THE HELL RE-HIRED KROSS!!!”

• Haha 3

This was a good episode under the Triple H regime. I hope Macafee does a bit shot telestrator every week. Tonight on ow, my balls.

Ricochet vs Corbin was pretty good to open the show. Corbin got his power spots in and Ricochet got his flying in and it looked great. Great win by Ricochet and Pay with the trolling assist.

I don't know why we got Shin vs Kaiser again, but I guess we needed a  official rubber match. Nakamura vs Gunther should be awesome.

The women s match was all right. I figured they would have Raquel run the table in the match. I was surprised to see Shayna win. 

The Raiders had a nice mauling. I laughed at one of the guys named Mulkey. 

The end with Roman was all right. I'll hand it to Triple h, the surprise return of Kross was well done. I'm not sure I buy him going fire Roman, but him vs Drew should be a fine enough feud. Overall not a bad show.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DEAN said:

Sonya Deville being my favorite wrestler in WWE should win this!  Aliyah gets in some stuff for a minute before being eliminated.  Raquel Rodriguez is going to eliminate Deville, isn't she?  She is crushing Sonya with a chokeslam and I am a little disappointed.  I am weeping.  Inside.

Why will they not push South Jersey's own Sonya Deville? Proud daughter of Indian Mills, NJ, one town over from Tabernacle, NJ, hometown of DVDVR's own The Comedian? Put a belt on her I say!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Eivion said:

The final segment with Kross's return was something. Kross looked better than he did in NXT or his first main roster run. Still unsure as to why HHH favors him so damn much.

Can you really nazi it?

• Sad 1

I'm not even close to a Kross fan, but what they did to him on the main roster was criminal.  I'm excited to see him without his balls cut off so to speak.

His entrance in NXT is probably one of my favorite entrances of all time and should transfer well to the main roster.

Whether he can pull his weight in-ring is another story alrgoether.