DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUGUST 2022

The Natural

8 hours ago, Casey said:

Not sure when it's going to happen, or if it's every day of Gamescom, but AEW are doing exhibition matches in Germany at the event (that starts today in about 30 minutes).

The video game is playable on the convention floor, too. So I'm sure we'll see footage of it in action pretty soon.

vs29bbgjghj91.png?width=432&auto=webp&s=

That's a neat little set at least. I like those entrance tunnels.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Casey said:

Hikaru Shida is defending her Pro Wrestling WAVE title against Emi Sakura tonight, taped for Dark: Elevation next week.

I kind of hoped they’d sneak it into Rampage or something but Emi is the Queen of Elevation and being there it should have room to breathe without being structured around a commercial break.

• Like 5

www.twitch.tv/aewgames

Showing off gameplay for Fight Forever right now (ft. Colt Cabana and Evil Uno). Uno also said they will have some matches at the venue this weekend, marking it as the first AEW matches on European soil! Wonder if they count towards the records.

Edited by Krone Meltzer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Krone Meltzer said:

www.twitch.tv/aewgames

Showing off gameplay for Fight Forever right now (ft. Colt Cabana and Evil Uno). Uno also said they will have some matches at the venue this weekend, marking it as the first AEW matches on European soil! Wonder if they count towards the records.

You sure that’s Cabana? It looks like him, but I thought one of the conditions of CM Punk signing with AEW was that Colt be executed?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 hour ago, Log said:

You sure that’s Cabana? It looks like him, but I thought one of the conditions of CM Punk signing with AEW was that Colt be executed?

Maybe his execution was botched? (Like everything else with Punk in AEW heyooooooo)

Back to the Allie discussion from about a week or so ago... apparently she's also been filming a movie: Doktor Death, a solo spin-off of the character of the same name from the Puppet Master franchise. She's a huuuuge Puppet Master fan, so that's pretty cool.

• Like 6

... PWInsider.com confirmed with several sources that there was an altercation in Minneapolis several weeks back following a Sammy Guevara promo that got physical after Guevara returned backstage.  Kingston confronted Guevara, taking issue with something he said during the promo about Kingston's appearance.  The two were separated and Kingston was suspended for several weeks.  He has not been at AEW events since and the expectation is that he will return next week.

When reached for comment, Kingston confirmed the suspension, stating, "You know the truth.  I wouldn't lie.  I was wrong for being unprofessional.  That is the blind fact.  He did what he did and the public can judge that but I know for a fact I was wrong."

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/162416/eddie-kingston-comments-on-aew-suspension.html?p=1

Edited by Dog

4 hours ago, Casey said:

Back to the Allie discussion from about a week or so ago... apparently she's also been filming a movie: Doktor Death, a solo spin-off of the character of the same name from the Puppet Master franchise. She's a huuuuge Puppet Master fan, so that's pretty cool.

If you find the episode of Ethan Page's Toy Hunt on YouTube he takes her to a Horror only store & she goes crazy with glee when she finds the Puppert Master figures. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Log said:

There is actually a snarky reference by Uno to Cabana not being at AEW Dynamite tapings in the last few months towards the end of the stream (at least in the YouTube clip I saw).

37 minutes ago, Infinit said:

I got shut out for Dynamite but I got Rampage tix. 8th row off the aisle.

Same, no Dynamite for me, because I am a rube who doesn't know how to use the Ticketmaster website.

Did get a Rampage ticket, second row in the 100 level. Hopefully they throw us a bone with at least one good match on there.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Same, no Dynamite for me, because I am a rube who doesn't know how to use the Ticketmaster website.

Did get a Rampage ticket, second row in the 100 level. Hopefully they throw us a bone with at least one good match on there.

Let's do up beers bro! When was that ROH show when we met...2013? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jiji said:

I'm sure there will be a massive amount up for resale. Still don't understand how that shit is legal but free market and all that. 

There was going to be a law in Ontario capping ticket resales at 50% above retail but Doug Ford killed it once he got elected. That would've been a game changer.

• Like 1

More on Thunder Rosa/Hayter from Sapp. Basically she's really hurt, her and Britt hate each other but are willing to work together, she has heat for Hayter broken nose, and some people like her and go to bat for her and some don't. Spoilered for size.

Spoiler

Thunder Rosa isn't competing at All Out, and has heat with a significant portion of the people that are, sources tell Fightful.

Fightful can confirm Voices of Wrestling's report that indicates that Britt Baker and Thunder Rosa can't stand each other, with that having been the case for well over a year. Still, the two attempted to remain professional and work with each other, and from what we're told remain open to doing so for the sake of simply doing their jobs. However, Jamie Hayter also had developed heat with Rosa after she got her nose broken in a match recently. Much of the heat on Rosa has emerged from her working stiff in the ring.

Word emerged shortly before Dynamite that Thunder Rosa was injured, and wouldn't be competing at All Out. Fightful Select had gained word that the original plan was for Toni Storm to emerge victorious and win the AEW Women's Title. Now, she'll compete for the Interim AEW Women's Title against Hikaru Shida, Dr. Britt Baker DMD and Jamie Hayter. We've not learned of the creative plans set for the title since.

We've had talent contact us on both sides of things regarding Rosa, with many saying that she's worked hard to help get other young women's talent booked, and others that perceive her as developing an ego and being difficult to work with. Those that we've talked to who work with her at Mission Pro Wrestling have had positive things to say about her leadership when she's around.

We've been unable to confirm their reports that Thunder Rosa hid in a bathroom after the Jamie Hayter spot. Rosa is said to have been injured, but the actual injury is unknown, speculated to be related to bulging discs. The extent of the injury isn't known, but it isn't a kayfabe situation by the company. 

We've reached out to Rosa but haven't heard back.

• Like 1

I’m not sure I’d buy that Rosa is cowering in the bathroom stall like Lindsay Lohan in Mean Girls. She’s a trained mma fighter. She’s not particularly good at it, but unless Jamie is also trained I’m not sure why Rosa would be afraid of her, and I am certain Rosa isn’t hiding from Britt…

• Like 1