DVDVR Message Board

August 2022 Wrestling Discussion

I just don't see how NXT Europe is going to do any better than NXT UK did. It seemed like hardly anyone cared about it. AEW Dark threads on Reddit had more replies on average than any episode of NXT UK. Some indie shows like JCW that don't even run that often had more engagement over there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Casey said:

I just don't see how NXT Europe is going to do any better than NXT UK did. It seemed like hardly anyone cared about it. AEW Dark threads on Reddit had more replies on average than any episode of NXT UK. Some indie shows like JCW that don't even run that often had more engagement over there.

Shit, maybe they will do tent shows like Otto Wanz did. 

The NXT UK roster was tiny already, with all the call ups. This number of releases implies that literally  everyone left is either moving to big NXT or getting fired. Like, closing the brand altogether.

20 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Free Meiko Satomura!

She is still Sendai based. She probably just refocuses on it.

1 minute ago, AxB said:

The NXT UK roster was tiny already, with all the call ups. This number of releases implies that literally  everyone left is either moving to big NXT or getting fired. Like, closing the brand altogether.

They are closing and relaunching as NXT Europe. I'm guessing some of these people get rehired next year when that brand launches.

3 minutes ago, AxB said:

No, it’s just going “on a brief hiatus” lololol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

She is still Sendai based. She probably just refocuses on it.

Don't worry. Just to make sure, we're going to perform a CIA extraction to get her to a safe house at an undisclosed location.

• Like 2

Primate would have dominated the main roster, if he’d been about 15 inches taller.

Imagine John Silver, but shorter, and only able to communicate in grunts and growls. 

• Haha 1

Add Sam Gradwell, Dani Luna and Rogan Raja to the released list. 

But not Bailey “Charlie Dempsey” Matthews (El Hilo del Regal), yet.

Wow, this really sucks! From the start until Covid era, NXT UK was the high point of my week. Granted, I fell off at some point, like I did with 205 Live, but it is still very sad to see the brand die.

Well, there's more people for the UK indy scene now, if there still is one?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

Wow, this really sucks! From the start until Covid era, NXT UK was the high point of my week. Granted, I fell off at some point, like I did with 205 Live, but it is still very sad to see the brand die.

Yeah the brand had quite a few great shows, matches and moments. My favorite was probably Mark Andrews and Flash Morgan Webster winning the tag titles at the Takeover in Cardiff.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Yeah the brand had quite a few great shows, matches and moments. My favorite was probably Mark Andrews and Flash Morgan Webster winning the tag titles at the Takeover in Cardiff.

With Vince watching (or at least pretending to).

I'll miss the Heritage Cup matches.

In terms of the UK Indy Scene, I am thinking Tony Khan might be smart enough to have some guys go to UK on excursion and help build a scene up.

In terms of releases, I am thinking they might protect Jinny because she's married to Gunther - she's presumably in America anyway.

Teoman appears to be off the roster list fwiw. And Eddie Dennis. And Trent Seven, which slightly surprises me.

Edited by SprintingFromAmerica