DVDVR Message Board

August 2022 Wrestling Discussion

2 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

How high? Am I first? Who's trashier? 

yup top of the message. The people who reached out to me I will not name as I will never betray someones trust. If they want to publicly state something here they are obviously welcome to.

I do have to ask though. are you actively trying to get this thread closed because it sure looks like it

• Haha 1

All Dragon Promotion

DJPW

Fujinami
Ricky the Dragon Steamboat
G.Tenryu
Dragon Lee
Ultimo Dragon
I guess Muto and Tanahashi and Kaito because of their Dragon moves.
Shingo
Daniel Bryan

Rika Tatsumi

DJ Pretty Dragon

And more.

Sanada can be the jobber to the stars. Yay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

All Dragon Promotion

DJPW

Fujinami
Ricky the Dragon Steamboat
G.Tenryu
Dragon Lee
Ultimo Dragon
I guess Muto and Tanahashi and Kaito because of their Dragon moves.
Shingo
Daniel Bryan

Rika Tatsumi

DJ Pretty Dragon

And more.

Sanada can be the jobber to the stars. Yay.

Don't forget about DRAGON DRAGON

• Like 2

Just for fun, I'll share with everyone the intro I wrote for my All-Time All-Star WCW Fantasy Roster:

100 trillion years after the death of World Championship Wrestling (and 9.99925 × 1013 years after the Earth is absorbed by its Sun) the Universe itself has now met its ultimate fate. The remnants of every single star in the sky now swim aimlessly, hopelessly, and helplessly in a vast ocean of black, having exhausted the available supply of gasses to continue fueling their existence. Though all known life has long been evaporated into the ether, with this deafening silence, the final verdict is at once rendered: life can never be supported here again. Everything ever observed or conceived of by every man, woman, flora, or fauna to ever live on any world has gone dark. 10101056 more years of inconceivable stillness pass before all matter in existence collapses inward on itself, quickly and violently reverting to its original, unfathomably dense state. For an immeasurably brief moment before the second (known) Big Bang occurs, thrusting its primordial electricity in every direction, there is no time; like life itself, it has ceased to exist. Every century and every millisecond that has ever passed converges into one, a supermassive singular memory occupying a shared consciousness that's finally been reunited with itself after patiently waiting a literal eternity. This brief moment of oneness is where our version of WCW occurs. In this incarnation of WCW, there is no 1988, there is no 2001; no 1997. There is no life, no death; there is no now. There are only the big boys, and the mysterious realm in which they now play. Big boys playing for only a fraction of a second, yet simultaneously playing forever. Alternately, this could have probably taken place in 2001-2002 if someone cared enough to spend the money (except Rick Rude, sorry man, RIP).

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Just for fun, I'll share with everyone the intro I wrote for my All-Time All-Star WCW Fantasy Roster:

100 trillion years after the death of World Championship Wrestling (and 9.99925 × 1013 years after the Earth is absorbed by its Sun) the Universe itself has now met its ultimate fate. The remnants of every single star in the sky now swim aimlessly, hopelessly, and helplessly in a vast ocean of black, having exhausted the available supply of gasses to continue fueling their existence. Though all known life has long been evaporated into the ether, with this deafening silence, the final verdict is at once rendered: life can never be supported here again. Everything ever observed or conceived of by every man, woman, flora, or fauna to ever live on any world has gone dark. 10101056 more years of inconceivable stillness pass before all matter in existence collapses inward on itself, quickly and violently reverting to its original, unfathomably dense state. For an immeasurably brief moment before the second (known) Big Bang occurs, thrusting its primordial electricity in every direction, there is no time; like life itself, it has ceased to exist. Every century and every millisecond that has ever passed converges into one, a supermassive singular memory occupying a shared consciousness that's finally been reunited with itself after patiently waiting a literal eternity. This brief moment of oneness is where our version of WCW occurs. In this incarnation of WCW, there is no 1988, there is no 2001; no 1997. There is no life, no death; there is no now. There are only the big boys, and the mysterious realm in which they now play. Big boys playing for only a fraction of a second, yet simultaneously playing forever. Alternately, this could have probably taken place in 2001-2002 if someone cared enough to spend the money (except Rick Rude, sorry man, RIP).

This is great. Did you take this opportunity to book a bunch of mirror matches? Scott Steiner vs. Big Poppa Pump! Hulk Hogan vs. Hollywood Hogan! Yellow Dog vs. Loose Cannon Brian Pillman! Truly, the wonders of timelessness allow for magic!

• Thanks 1

Damn, I hadn't considered that aspect at the time, @SirSmellingtonofCascadiathat's a good call. I mostly focused on what things would look like with a proper ending to the NWO (For example, I had Hall and Nash reform the Diamond Exchange with DDP and Curt Hennig, and built tension on the idea that Madusa was managing both DDP and Savage because of their prior fued). I also messed around with stuff you might've seen in a Bischoff/Fusient or WWF-owned relaunch, like signing late-era WCWSN guys such as Styles and Roode. This was just a fun little project in WWE2K during the pandemic

36 minutes ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

This is great. Did you take this opportunity to book a bunch of mirror matches? Scott Steiner vs. Big Poppa Pump! Hulk Hogan vs. Hollywood Hogan! Yellow Dog vs. Loose Cannon Brian Pillman! Truly, the wonders of timelessness allow for magic!

Or they could morph mid-match. Scotty goes up for the Frankensteiner only to come crashing to earth as Big Poppa Pump.

• Like 3

My fantasy roster would include:

Owner: Billy Corgan

Booker: Bill Watts

Announcers: Bill Apter, Bill Alphonso

William Regal

Bill Dundee

Billy Robinson

Billy Gunn

Billy Jack Haynes

Superstar Billy Graham

Billie Kay

Bill Kidman

Billyken Kid

Hillbilly Jim

Masked Superstar

Demolition Axe

Dynamite Kid

Powerhouse Hobbs

Steve Williams

Doug William

Bushwhacker Luke

Petey Williams

Willie Mack

Will Ospreay

Stone Cold Steve Austin (on a technicality)

Willow Nightingale

Coconut Willie

and Goldberg

But unfortunately I can't think of any cool unifying principle like you folks have for your rosters.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gordlow said:

My fantasy roster would include:

Owner: Billy Corgan

Booker: Bill Watts

Announcers: Bill Apter, Bill Alphonso

William Regal

Bill Dundee

Billy Robinson

Billy Gunn

Billy Jack Haynes

Superstar Billy Graham

Billie Kay

Bill Kidman

Billyken Kid

Hillbilly Jim

Masked Superstar

Demolition Axe

Dynamite Kid

Powerhouse Hobbs

Steve Williams

Doug William

Bushwhacker Luke

Petey Williams

Willie Mack

Will Ospreay

Stone Cold Steve Austin (on a technicality)

Willow Nightingale

Coconut Willie

and Goldberg

But unfortunately I can't think of any cool unifying principle like you folks have for your rosters.

That’s one hell of a bill you put together!

• Haha 8