DVDVR Message Board

August 2022 Wrestling Discussion

Joe Doering's brain cancer has come back ?

Joe will be undergoing surgery in the coming weeks.

He said: “They told me in 2016 that I would never wrestle again, and I proved them wrong. Guess I’m going to have to do it again. I try to not get too sad or emotional about it. Staying positive really helped me the first time, and that’s what I’ll do again.”

After successful treatment including surgery, chemotherapy and radiation in 2016, the 6-foot, 5-inch wrestler was back in the ring within a year. Although that recovery was remarkable, Joe was informed by his doctors the disease could return and that he should remain vigilant.

The two-time IMPACT Wrestling World Tag Team Champion added: “Please keep me in your thoughts and spirits. I hope to get back in the ring again very soon. To the IMPACT Wrestling locker room: you are family to me and I look forward to seeing you again very, very soon.”

• Sad 9

3 hours ago, Dog said:

I actually would believe it was Jonathan Coachman who tipped off the Board of Directors.

Coach is actually a really good dude. A buddy of mine was owned a nightclub and was in tight with alot of the WWE guys in the 00s. Got to hang out with Coach alot and he was always a really funny and cool guy to hang out with.

Do we know which event was the first to have a "BORING" chant bust out during a match?

Or what city it would have been in? Was just talking with my cousins about wrestlemania crowds hijacking Raws with stupid ass chants or that one beach ball that Claudio ripped apart with his bare hands 

Which got me thinking, can that behavior be traced back to one event/city/promotion 

And I don't mean shit like fans trying to attack wrestlers or getting riots going, I mean if your character drives the fans to that level of investment that they feel like they gotta go for you to avenge their favorites, yknow that's just another day at the office maybe?

But I'm more curious about when fans got it in their heads to make the event about getting themselves or their shitty ass chants over

10 hours ago, Hayabusa said:

But I'm more curious about when fans got it in their heads to make the event about getting themselves or their shitty ass chants over

ECW in Philadelphia. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Hayabusa said:

Do we know which event was the first to have a "BORING" chant bust out during a match?

Or what city it would have been in? Was just talking with my cousins about wrestlemania crowds hijacking Raws with stupid ass chants or that one beach ball that Claudio ripped apart with his bare hands 

Which got me thinking, can that behavior be traced back to one event/city/promotion 

And I don't mean shit like fans trying to attack wrestlers or getting riots going, I mean if your character drives the fans to that level of investment that they feel like they gotta go for you to avenge their favorites, yknow that's just another day at the office maybe?

I know before ECW Baltimore was notorious for cheering flair when he was a heel.

Also Otis should form a tag team with Bron Breaker and start calling himself Big Poppa Plump