DVDVR Message Board

August 2022 Wrestling Discussion

Nah Hogan would assume you running was the same abandonment he received from Sid Justice walking away from the Flair/Taker tag on Saturday Night's Main Event back in 92.  In retaliation Hogan would pin you, Hawk, and Animal, all in the same match clean as a whistle. 

On 8/26/2022 at 8:14 PM, Gordlow said:

Far as I can tell, this is from '51

Edit: most likely 10/3/1950 according to Cagematch

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=294335

I can tell you definitively that is is from Asesinos De La Lucha Libre (1962). Gori looks too old for the '50s. The cinematography is for a movie, not a documentary or TV show. It's edited but I doubt it was a movie shoot, probably filmed as a real match on a card. The sound is post-synced and I assume it's all from the same match, I couldn't find changes in the crowd and no way are they breaking kayfabe in Mexico in that era for reshoots. I thought I had seen this film so I was searching IMDb, looking for all four participants and I found it. Of course, I could have looked first at the YouTube description where it states what pelicula it is from and when... Aiyiyi, way to take the long way, RAF.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/other-wrestling/former-wwe-nxt-wrestler-velveteen-dream-arrested-twice-since-august-20

Patrick Clark, best known as Velveteen Dream in WWE, has been arrested twice since August 20.

According to court records in Orange County, Florida, Clark was arrested on August 20 on battery and trespassing charges. On August 26, Orlando Mugshots reported that Clark had been arrested again for possession of drug paraphernalia. An arraignment for the battery and trespassing charges was set for September 28, but that has since been canceled. Clark has pleaded not guilty to the battery and trespassing charges and has since paid bond for release.

shame-jerry-seinfeld.gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peck said:

It IS a shame. There are few things sadder to me than seeing someone who has IT and was on their way to stardom just piss it all away by being a moron and end up a cautionary tale instead.

• Like 3

I'll disagree. I don't think Dream had "it." He certainly had "it" for a brief period, but even then more than a few of us started noticing that he was pretty one note and his wrestling ability wasn't all that it was cracked up to be. Then he got injured, came back, and was even worse.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

I can't tell if people forgot his last name was Dozovic or not.

I did.  Remembered he had a last name, in NXT, could not have told you what it was.

IMO, the “it” Velveteen Dream had was an offbeat gimmick.  He was fine in the gimmick - better than average - but I’m not convinced he could have made it work long-term.  I feel like there are wrestlers out there who could have done more with the same gimmick.  Outside of the gimmick, he was a bit better than average but didn’t have the tools to be a can’t-miss prospect.

Edited by madl