DVDVR Message Board

August 2022 Wrestling Discussion

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/other-wrestling/former-wwe-nxt-wrestler-velveteen-dream-arrested-twice-since-august-20

Patrick Clark, best known as Velveteen Dream in WWE, has been arrested twice since August 20.

According to court records in Orange County, Florida, Clark was arrested on August 20 on battery and trespassing charges. On August 26, Orlando Mugshots reported that Clark had been arrested again for possession of drug paraphernalia. An arraignment for the battery and trespassing charges was set for September 28, but that has since been canceled. Clark has pleaded not guilty to the battery and trespassing charges and has since paid bond for release.

shame-jerry-seinfeld.gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peck said:

It IS a shame. There are few things sadder to me than seeing someone who has IT and was on their way to stardom just piss it all away by being a moron and end up a cautionary tale instead.

• Like 3

I'll disagree. I don't think Dream had "it." He certainly had "it" for a brief period, but even then more than a few of us started noticing that he was pretty one note and his wrestling ability wasn't all that it was cracked up to be. Then he got injured, came back, and was even worse.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

I can't tell if people forgot his last name was Dozovic or not.

I did.  Remembered he had a last name, in NXT, could not have told you what it was.

IMO, the “it” Velveteen Dream had was an offbeat gimmick.  He was fine in the gimmick - better than average - but I’m not convinced he could have made it work long-term.  I feel like there are wrestlers out there who could have done more with the same gimmick.  Outside of the gimmick, he was a bit better than average but didn’t have the tools to be a can’t-miss prospect.

Edited by madl

Joe Doering's brain cancer has come back ?

Joe will be undergoing surgery in the coming weeks.

He said: “They told me in 2016 that I would never wrestle again, and I proved them wrong. Guess I’m going to have to do it again. I try to not get too sad or emotional about it. Staying positive really helped me the first time, and that’s what I’ll do again.”

After successful treatment including surgery, chemotherapy and radiation in 2016, the 6-foot, 5-inch wrestler was back in the ring within a year. Although that recovery was remarkable, Joe was informed by his doctors the disease could return and that he should remain vigilant.

The two-time IMPACT Wrestling World Tag Team Champion added: “Please keep me in your thoughts and spirits. I hope to get back in the ring again very soon. To the IMPACT Wrestling locker room: you are family to me and I look forward to seeing you again very, very soon.”

• Sad 9