DVDVR Message Board

August 2022 Wrestling Discussion

33 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

I hate the Saudi shows for obvious reasons but if you are going to take their money to book 60yo guys from the 90s/early 00s then just treat that show like it's non-canon and move on.

With NXT UK evolving into NXT Europe, I wonder if the Steph/HHH era of WWE might be looking to invest in that global expansion we read about years ago?

We might see NXT APAC, NXT South America, NXT Middle East, NXT Africa etc

NXT Money Pit, NXT Shuttered, NXT Red Ink

• Haha 6

This is the first pro wrestling card in America on cagematch.net.  Charles Moth and Frank Whitmore go to a three hour time limit draw.  I assume this is also the first time a "BORING!" chant ever broke out.

Name of the event:
Wrestling In Chicago
Date:
Type:
Attendance:

:::: Not eligible for the matchguide: at least one worker in the match does not have a profile. ::::
Singles Match
Charles Moth vs. Frank Whitmore - Time Limit Draw (180:00)

All workers
Charles Moth, Frank Whitmore
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, odessasteps said:

2 workers for one show? Wonder how their payout was. 

I bet they made a hundred bucks, which would $3,118 today!  Pretty good to lay around for three hours.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

I bet they made a hundred bucks, which would $3,118 today!  Pretty good to lay around for three hours.

Hey, there's no tape. For all we know it was three straight hours of non-stop shooting star presses and Canadian destroyers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tbarrie said:

Hey, there's no tape. For all we know it was three straight hours of non-stop shooting star presses and Canadian destroyers.

Charles Moth does sound like a Chikara highflier.

• Haha 2

In 1890, 3,000 people showed up because Antonio Perri introduced European audiences to the Skyytwister Press.

Name of the event:
Wrestling In Manchester
Date:
Type:
Attendance:
ca. 3.000

:::: Not eligible for the matchguide: at least one worker in the match does not have a profile. ::::
Best Two Out Of Three Falls Match
Antonio Pierri defeats George Steadman [2:0]

All workers
Antonio Pierri, George Steadman
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, L_W_P said:

r/SquaredCircle - That time Triple H presented NXT’s plan for world domination

I only realize now, years and years later, that they planned to have one NXT covering Iran, Iraq and Saudi Arabia (and maybe Israel). Good luck travelling between those countries (or entering one of those countries having a visa entry stamp from another in your passport).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

Need more one match cards.

There's got to be a way to search cagematch and find the latest one match card.

This is 1981.

Name of the event:
CWA
Date:
Type:

Empty Arena Match
Jerry Lawler vs. Terry Funk - No Contest (14:56)

All workers
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We are up to 1987!  This was the first time a "BORING!" chant originated from the Rasmussen household.

Name of the event:
NJPW
Date:
Type:
Broadcast type:
Taped
TV station/network:
TV Asahi

Ganryujima Island Death Match
Antonio Inoki defeats Masa Saito by TKO (125:14)

All workers
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, DEAN said:

This is 1981.

Name of the event:
CWA
Date:
Type:

Empty Arena Match
Jerry Lawler vs. Terry Funk - No Contest (14:56)

All workers

DONTCHOO REALIZE THERE'S NOBODY HERE? YOOOUUU JACKASS

Edited by southofheavy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

So I like to watch the old TNA ppvs that AXS shows every Thursday and I almost always have to mute or change the channel whenever Abyss is on. Not because of anything about him personally or match wise, it's just there are these idiots who chant "wwwwwooohhhhh ohhhh Abyss" over and over again anytime he's onscreen for the entire duration of his match. What the hell was the deal with that? It was super f'n annoying. Was there some kind of inside joke from that time period? It's like every match he's in from 03-06 or so.

4 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

So I like to watch the old TNA ppvs that AXS shows every Thursday and I almost always have to mute or change the channel whenever Abyss is on. Not because of anything about him personally or match wise, it's just there are these idiots who chant "wwwwwooohhhhh ohhhh Abyss" over and over again anytime he's onscreen for the entire duration of his match. What the hell was the deal with that? It was super f'n annoying. Was there some kind of inside joke from that time period? It's like every match he's in from 03-06 or so.

Is it worse than the Bentley Bounce or what they did for Lance Hoyt, who I remember being the crowd darlings at one time? 

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Is it worse than the Bentley Bounce or what they did for Lance Hoyt, who I remember being the crowd darlings at one time? 

Don't know what they did for those guys. The Abyss thing is just annoying to me because it's repetitive (I have misophonia) and they do it for really long stretches of his matches.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DEAN said:

This is the first pro wrestling card in America on cagematch.net.  Charles Moth and Frank Whitmore go to a three hour time limit draw.  I assume this is also the first time a "BORING!" chant ever broke out.

Name of the event:
Wrestling In Chicago
Date:
Type:
Attendance:

Singles Match

All workers

Doubt it. back then an overhand wristlock passed for a high spot. Wait till those people see an Irish whip reversal

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DEAN said:

Name of the event:
Wrestling In Chicago
Date:
Type:
Attendance:

Singles Match

All workers
  On 8/15/2022 at 11:26 PM, odessasteps said:

In case this hasn’t been posted before 

Expand  

"BOOOORRR-RIIINNNGGG"

Just kidding, I find the "booring" jeer as annoying and insulting as most folks do, and it exposes the caller a a big ass mark, as does the "FIGHT FOREVER" chant in my opinion.

Are you trying to steal my gimmick, DEAN?

I did travel to UFC 6 at the Cobo Arena in downtown Detroit to see Severn vs. Shamrock. I thought it was brilliant, a 30:00 broadway. The crowd was irate, and I was laughing. What a value. We had Coney dogs afterwards and many shots of booze in Hamtramck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1