DVDVR Message Board

August 2022 Wrestling Discussion

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I have enough trouble keeping up with the daily Armstrong Alley updates. 

I somehow don't add them to this.  I should, but fight it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Think he also had one with Spike Dudley during that month on RAW. 

There were definitely multiple five minute squashes where he tried to get various secondary finishes over - sleeper and the Indian Death Lock also.

I think the Indian Death lock was his original finisher way back in his Terra Ryzing days. He was trying so hard to be Ric Flair just without all of Flair's baggage during the reign of terror.

34 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

I think the Indian Death lock was his original finisher way back in his Terra Ryzing days. He was trying so hard to be Ric Flair just without all of Flair's baggage during the reign of terror.

He didn't show enough ass (metaphorically) to do that. Not even close. 

If you're going to be Ric Flair, you have to eat pins in tag matches on weekly TV that build your competitor for the one-on-one PPV match and be willing to get outfoxed by the babyface. 

Squashing guys who were recently put over by The Rock and being such a cerebral assassin that you're impossible to outsmart ain't it. 

I think HHH doesn't get enough shit for just how bad the reign of terror was. In real time, I saw a bunch of people my age fall off of wrestling. Shoot, I fell off of wrestling (though to be fair, it was college and the ladies didn't mind how smelly nor how ugly I was, so maybe that was inevitable to some degree). 

• Like 8

11 hours ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

He didn't show enough ass (metaphorically) to do that. Not even close. 

If you're going to be Ric Flair, you have to eat pins in tag matches on weekly TV that build your competitor for the one-on-one PPV match and be willing to get outfoxed by the babyface. 

Squashing guys who were recently put over by The Rock and being such a cerebral assassin that you're impossible to outsmart ain't it. 

I think HHH doesn't get enough shit for just how bad the reign of terror was. In real time, I saw a bunch of people my age fall off of wrestling. Shoot, I fell off of wrestling (though to be fair, it was college and the ladies didn't mind how smelly nor how ugly I was, so maybe that was inevitable to some degree). 

I'd guess I'm about 13 years older than you and the Reign of Terror combined with TNA being pretty sucky made me fall off wrestling until recently. 

• Like 2

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say none of them get signed to AEW, but maybe some of them get the Killian Dain treatment and get a booking or two out of it.

Or maybe Jack Starz debuts at All Out and is the next big challenger for CM Punk, who knows!

• Like 1

I just don't see how NXT Europe is going to do any better than NXT UK did. It seemed like hardly anyone cared about it. AEW Dark threads on Reddit had more replies on average than any episode of NXT UK. Some indie shows like JCW that don't even run that often had more engagement over there.

• Like 2