DVDVR Message Board

August 2022 Wrestling Discussion

17 hours ago, The Natural said:

FZ8O6gIWIAUouTR?format=jpg&name=small

One of the few 2016-2022 Brock Lesnar matches worth watching with:

• Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg, WrestleMania XXXIII.
  • Brock Lesnar vs. Daniel Bryan. Survivor Series 2018.
  • Brock Lesnar vs. Finn Balor. Royal Rumble 2019.
  • Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns. SummerSlam 2022.

I remember the Joe match at Great Balls of Fire being good despite being short (or because?), and then the 4 way at the following Summerslam with Joe, Roman & Braun.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Pedro said:

You didn't like his match with Punk?

Happened at SummerSlam 2013 when I was talking about Brock bouts from 2016-2022.

1 hour ago, Kropotkin's Beard said:

I remember the Joe match at Great Balls of Fire being good despite being short (or because?), and then the 4 way at the following Summerslam with Joe, Roman & Braun.

Forgot those. I'd count them.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Everyone is tap dancing around it. I will just be blunt. Pedro is paintedbynumbers. He was banned before for being a psycho. I'm not a mod, it's not my place to say if evading a ban is something they frown upon or not. But this bullying BS is just that, bullshit. Paintedbynumbers made a ton of misogynistic posts, tried to instigate physical fights with posters, and was a general shitty poster. He is also Pedro.

So to anyone lurking turned off by the exchange, there's your context. This isn't people teaming up on some new poster. This is posters recognizing it for what it is and rightfully dunking on this dude's return. I have no horse in the race, if the mods are cool with him evading the ban that doesn't effect me at all. But let's not acting like calling out the dude who slut shamed Britt Baker for years among other gross things is the innocent one here.

First and foremost I am not Paintedbynumbers.  I mentioned in another thread I actually enjoy Britt's work and saw her live once or twice in AIW here in Ohio. 

I also mentioned I am sick of being accused of being someone I am not.  What happened to innocent until proven guilty?  This is a wrestling site, I am here to talk about wrestling yet some of you have issues with that. So ignore me? I don't care, all I can say is that I am not paintedbynumbers and never was.  END OF STORY

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Thanks for saying it.

This guy has genuine issues with women. Consistent theme from Britt Baker to Tay Conti to Sasha Banks. Decent sized pattern of repressed sexuality and anger issues. I genuinely fear he's going to hurt someone IRL with his "but I'm a nice guy!" routine. He needs help. 

The only person who stuck up for him clearly has done so under cynical motives as he's the only person who gets more universally clowned when he turns up with his monthly RWNJ contrarian schtique.

Let me correct this.

I don't have issues with Sasha. My issue is really any celeb who would take lets say $90 or more from a fan for a photo op and then change the rules once the money was paid to  hey sorry you have to stand this far away from me.  I would have reacted whether it was a male or female.  But for some god forsaken reason everyone jumped down my throat for me voicing an opinion. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Is it cool if she changes the rules if she's charging $89.99?

To put it in perspective,  I met Larry and Balki from Perfect Strangers. Neither afraid to be near their fans. I met Alicia Silverstone, tried to shake her hand she actually gave me a hug, Met Goldberg he put his arm around me, met Newman and Soup Nazi from Seinfeld they stood right next to me. Met Jennifer Carpenter she stood right next to me.

Nobody that I witnessed stood at a distance from their paying customers.   

My point with the $90 mark is if you are paying that kind of money you should be told if the celeb will be at a far distance. Hell, I should have just said if you are paying to meet a celeb it should be told in advance that the celeb will be at a distance.  Maybe that comment would have appeased you?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Kropotkin's Beard said:

Loved the fire Joe brought to that match, but Brock got so blown up it was kind of embarrassing. At one point he was holding onto the top rope to keep himself upright during the RNC and made the ref look ridiculous for not calling for a break.

Also since I am continued to receive jabs from people on here I am going to say this once to the people doing so

Look at yourselves. Bullying someone you have never met, taking the time to try and get a legit stranger upset. It really says a lot about your character and your lives.  Look at all of my posts and not once have a provoked  a single person here.  Yet you continue to do so after others have even called it out.  Whoever this Paintedbynumber guy or girl was they really got into your heads. Perhaps you are the ones who need the help as you continue to harrass me for 0 reason.

7 minutes ago, Log said:

Jesus Christ. You fuckers really want this thread to get closed, don’t you?

How many times do I have to ask to stop to be harrassed before the admins make it stop? Seriously?  I've publcily asked multiple times, it continues.  Other people have chimed in and asked, it continues.  I'm not going to sit and get shat on by people accusing me of being someone I'm not. The joke gets old really fast. But maybe some people just haven't grown up yet? 

When the thread was closed before I made my case. I asked politely for the shit to end. It hasn't.  Go back and look. I have not once antagonized a single member of this site. People just won't stop their shit. So if this thread closes it's all on them.  I've said before  to drop it. People can't drop it so here we are. 

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
2 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

Earth has been released by the Universe. We wish Earth the best in her future endeavors.

I hope Earth signs with AEW.

5 minutes ago, Pedro said:

How many times do I have to ask to stop to be harrassed before the admins make it stop? Seriously?  I've publcily asked multiple times, it continues.  Other people have chimed in and asked, it continues.  I'm not going to sit and get shat on by people accusing me of being someone I'm not. The joke gets old really fast. But maybe some people just haven't grown up yet? 

When the thread was closed before I made my case. I asked politely for the shit to end. It hasn't.  Go back and look. I have not once antagonized a single member of this site. People just won't stop their shit. So if this thread closes it's all on them.  I've said before  to drop it. People can't drop it so here we are. 

Check it out. You made your case but guess what? Dvdr is very different then Twitter. You said it yourself. Everyone there was up in arms over the Sasha deal but no one here seemed to care…because they don’t. 

I don’t speak for the whole board but I think the consensus is/was Sasha can charge and do signings however the hell she wants. I mean it’s nice Balki or whoever gave you a big hug when you met him but that doesn’t mean Sasha is obligated to be as nice or follow some non-existent signing rules. 

Just move on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
21 minutes ago, FourPostMassacre said:

I mean it’s nice Balki or whoever gave you a big hug when you met him but that doesn’t mean Sasha is obligated to be as nice or follow some non-existent signing rules. 

Just standing tall on the wing of his dream, I suspect.

But yeah, moving on would be nice.

2 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

Just standing tall on the wing of his dream, I suspect.

But yeah, moving on would be nice.

Bronson and Mark got a long great. Bronson would leave his table and chat with Mark, you could tell these two have great chemistry. Not pining for a reboot but wouldn't be opposed to one. 

1 hour ago, EVA said:

Loved the fire Joe brought to that match, but Brock got so blown up it was kind of embarrassing. At one point he was holding onto the top rope to keep himself upright during the RNC and made the ref look ridiculous for not calling for a break.

I would entirely believe this, but I was probably blinded to it for just seeing Joe on a properly big stage, which would have been enough to make me overlook most faults.

• Like 1

Double post to really put the mail in the coffin of this thread:

Would anyone be interested in me pulling a young Tony Kahn and writing an imaginary wrestling show for ten (or less) local public access shows leading to a bigger event?

Promotion: Derp Elite Wrestling

Show: [name to be determined]

Roster:

CranRaspberry Man - gimmick: super hero

The Punjabi Prune Prince - gimmick: super villain 

Jane Good-Y’all - gimmick: suplex-machine Ape but pretty chill

Suzanne Winters - gimmick: mean girl, hates apes, not chill

The Pirates of Doom (40 McDaniels & Scurvy Steve) - gimmick: large mean pirates

Generic Jerry - gimmick: technical mat wrestler

“Nature Boy” Derek Wyld - problematic Ric Flair ripoff

The Young Rustlers (Cowboy Roy, lil John Wayne, Dynamite Dillinger) - handsome lightweight cowboy trio

Diabolical Debra - gimmick: she always has a plan. Muhahaha

Bloody Mary - Ghost monster spooky scary

Dick Dinein - indy man’s Togo.

More to be made up. 

Edited by Octopus
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Octopus said:

Would anyone be interested in me pulling a young Tony Kahn and writing an imaginary wrestling show for ten (or less) local public access shows leading to a bigger event?

Promotion: Derp Elite Wrestling

Show: [name to be determined]

Roster:

CranRaspberry Man - gimmick: super hero

The Punjabi Prune Prince - gimmick: super villain 

Jane Good-Y’all - gimmick: suplex-machine Ape but pretty chill

Suzanne Winters - gimmick: mean girl, hates apes, not chill

The Pirates of Doom (40 McDaniels & Scurvy Steve) - gimmick: large mean pirates

Generic Jerry - gimmick: technical mat wrestler

“Nature Boy” Derek Wyld - problematic Ric Flair ripoff

The Young Rustlers (Cowboy Roy, lil John Wayne, Dynamite Dillinger) - handsome lightweight cowboy trio

Diabolical Debra - gimmick: she always has a plan. Muhahaha

Bloody Mary - Ghost monster spooky scary

Dick Dinein - indy man’s Togo.

More to be made up. 

Road Warrior Wrestling

Every wrestler on the roster is a Road Warrior and comes out to Iron Man.

- Road Warrior Jim

- Road Warrior Steve

- Road Warrior Sasha

- Road Warrior Tina

etc.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Octopus said:

I don't know if that's a typo or intentional but I laughed real hard here lol. I need a Danhausen skit where he thinks the phrase is mail in the coffin not nail, and he just keeps putting random unsorted mail in a coffin expecting his latest feud to end because of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Nineteen said:

No worries homie, we don't kink shame here

this is the kind of shit you allow on this site.  Good job to the owner. If the other guy had to defend himself against the bullying on here then it's apparent you banned the wrong person. I've received multiple messages privately saying how trashy some of the posters here are and to report it. Maybe finally these admins can not just close the thread but make the site better by not allowing posters to get away with this garbage. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

Everyone wears blue promotion

Yuki Arai

Yuji Nagata

Blue Jun Akiyama

Blue Edge

Mr America

All the Blue Panthers

Blue Kane