DVDVR Message Board

August 2022 Wrestling Discussion

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

But this was in '97 and they definitely already doing this during their '94 family feud with Bret/Bulldog vs Owen/Neidhart. So that was even more advanced for the time.

That beautiful jump to the top rope into a back flip and a hip toss spot can be seen in New Foundation vs Orient Express match from '92 Royal Rumble also! In 1992!

Edited by Shartnado
Hell, even earlier
  • Like 2

FZ8O6gIWIAUouTR?format=jpg&name=small

One of the few 2016-2022 Brock Lesnar matches worth watching with:

• Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg, WrestleMania XXXIII.
  • Brock Lesnar vs. Daniel Bryan. Survivor Series 2018.
  • Brock Lesnar vs. Finn Balor. Royal Rumble 2019.
  • Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns. SummerSlam 2022.

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

FZ8O6gIWIAUouTR?format=jpg&name=small

One of the few 2016-2022 Brock Lesnar matches worth watching with:

• Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg, WrestleMania XXXIII.
  • Brock Lesnar vs. Daniel Bryan. Survivor Series 2018.
  • Brock Lesnar vs. Finn Balor. Royal Rumble 2019.
  • Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns. SummerSlam 2022.

You didn't like his match with Punk?

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
11 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Please don't tell me Iron Chef was a work. 

Come on, who bites directly into a bell pepper like that! They don't know how to book authority figures in cooking competition shows anymore. And that "dancing on the cutting board" angle, sheesh. The bookers were really running out of ideas then.

1 hour ago, Stefanie the Human said:

Come on, who bites directly into a bell pepper like that! They don't know how to book authority figures in cooking competition shows anymore. And that "dancing on the cutting board" angle, sheesh. The bookers were really running out of ideas then.

What next? American Gladiators was fake? Wheel of Furtune? The NBA? Jersey Shore? Get real. 

On 8/7/2022 at 11:58 PM, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Nickelodeon has the range, sure. But does it have the heart?

The heart that comes with Bowling For Soup's "Today Is Gonna Be A Good Day". 

DUCK TALES. Life IS like a hurricane. Here, there or Duckberg. Will you solve a mystery or re-write history today? No, you probably won't, you simp coward, but you can live vicariously through that group of pantless ducks-a-woo-ooo. 

Call Me. Beep Me. Motherfucker.

if the show was about you it would be name, Hey, Coward

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Octopus said:

What next? American Gladiators was fake? Wheel of Furtune? The NBA? Jersey Shore? Get real. 

You don't want to know about the real shocking secrets behind WMAC Masters.

12 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

You don't want to know about the real shocking secrets behind WMAC Masters.

After deep diving YouTube conspiracy videos I now know about the Illuminati, Nixon being a lizard, earth being flat, and the match fixing of Battle Bots.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Octopus said:

After deep diving YouTube conspiracy videos I now know about the Illuminati, Nixon being a lizard, earth being flat, and the match fixing of Battle Bots.

Well obviously. How else is a wedge bot supposed to win? It's just a freaking wedge!

On 8/11/2022 at 8:36 PM, Infinit said:

I'm not a mod...but guys y'all need to chill. This isn't a good look for anyone who lurks and might want to actively join our community. Cut it out before this gets locked again. Please and thanks.

Everyone is tap dancing around it. I will just be blunt. Pedro is paintedbynumbers. He was banned before for being a psycho. I'm not a mod, it's not my place to say if evading a ban is something they frown upon or not. But this bullying BS is just that, bullshit. Paintedbynumbers made a ton of misogynistic posts, tried to instigate physical fights with posters, and was a general shitty poster. He is also Pedro.

So to anyone lurking turned off by the exchange, there's your context. This isn't people teaming up on some new poster. This is posters recognizing it for what it is and rightfully dunking on this dude's return. I have no horse in the race, if the mods are cool with him evading the ban that doesn't effect me at all. But let's not acting like calling out the dude who slut shamed Britt Baker for years among other gross things is the innocent one here.

• Like 3

On 8/6/2022 at 9:41 AM, FourPostMassacre said:

I was listening to rap then and I don’t remember Kwame. 

If I had to guess I’d bet Dusty’s rap knowledge at the time was probably that he liked Walked this way with Aerosmith and Run DMC and that was about it. 

yeah I can totally see Dusty swapping the cassettes back and forth on the drive from Pensacola to Tampa between David Allan Coe and Kool Herc while practicing his best Thunderbolt Patterson imitation. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Everyone is tap dancing around it. I will just be blunt. Pedro is paintedbynumbers. He was banned before for being a psycho. I'm not a mod, it's not my place to say if evading a ban is something they frown upon or not. But this bullying BS is just that, bullshit. Paintedbynumbers made a ton of misogynistic posts, tried to instigate physical fights with posters, and was a general shitty poster. He is also Pedro.

So to anyone lurking turned off by the exchange, there's your context. This isn't people teaming up on some new poster. This is posters recognizing it for what it is and rightfully dunking on this dude's return. I have no horse in the race, if the mods are cool with him evading the ban that doesn't effect me at all. But let's not acting like calling out the dude who slut shamed Britt Baker for years among other gross things is the innocent one here.

Thanks for saying it.

This guy has genuine issues with women. Consistent theme from Britt Baker to Tay Conti to Sasha Banks. Decent sized pattern of repressed sexuality and anger issues. I genuinely fear he's going to hurt someone IRL with his "but I'm a nice guy!" routine. He needs help. 

The only person who stuck up for him clearly has done so under cynical motives as he's the only person who gets more universally clowned when he turns up with his monthly RWNJ contrarian schtique.

1 hour ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Thanks for saying it.

This guy has genuine issues with women. Consistent theme from Britt Baker to Tay Conti to Sasha Banks. Decent sized pattern of repressed sexuality and anger issues. I genuinely fear he's going to hurt someone IRL with his "but I'm a nice guy!" routine. He needs help. 

The only person who stuck up for him clearly has done so under cynical motives as he's the only person who gets more universally clowned when he turns up with his monthly RWNJ contrarian schtique.

I stuck up for him because I too lurked before joining. I really think you guys are out of line here.

• Like 2