DVDVR Message Board

August 2022 Wrestling Discussion

Best duos: M.O.P., Outkast, Eric B. and Rakim, and Blackstar.

I should have been allowed to pick De La Soul based on the Freebirds Rule, IMO.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, zendragon said:

I always assumed it Gun name plus Lex Luthor so its cool to see him confirm it. Plus its refreshing to see how non bitter he seems to be in retirement 

When I first read the name Lex Luger back in '92 in a magazine, that was exactly what I immediately thought, as well!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Has anyone saw the Sasha Banks con pics? She is the only celeb who made her fans stand 6 ft away from her.  $90 for a picture and having to stand so far away no thanks.

That's fucking awesome.  MJF should have done that.

• Like 9
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, DEAN said:

That's fucking awesome.  MJF should have done that.

For a heel or someone with MJF's gimmick it would be perfect.  The funny part is when you read the captions  "Sasha loves her fans"  "Sasha had so much energy"   Lmao.  the only thing that can defeat #5ftoffury  is   #6feetsasha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Has anyone saw the Sasha Banks con pics? She is the only celeb who made her fans stand 6 ft away from her.  $90 for a picture and having to stand so far away no thanks.

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

For a heel or someone with MJF's gimmick it would be perfect.  The funny part is when you read the captions  "Sasha loves her fans"  "Sasha had so much energy"   Lmao.  the only thing that can defeat #5ftoffury  is   #6feetsasha

Sounding awfully close to ranting about Tay sitting on Sammy's lap, and various Britt Baker-ings. Be careful dude, you're blowing your cover lol.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

We're still in a pandemic but okay.

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Yeah, I'm thinking it's 40% COVID/Monkeypox safety, and 60% "Have you fucking BEEN on Twitter?!"

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
Important to note: I fault her for neither!
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Dog said:

I like metal.

I do, too. You can use it to make cars! I enjoy driving cars. 

Re: Sasha, has anyone met some of these wrestling fans at conventions? Even if there wasn't a pandemic, it might be a good idea to make them stand as far away from you as possible, considering a) hygiene and b) dudes be gropin'. 

Edited by SirSmellingtonofCascadia
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Shartnado said:

When I first read the name Lex Luger back in '92 in a magazine, that was exactly what I immediately thought, as well!

He was The Lugar for the first few weeks in Florida, soon changed to Lex Luger. Someone that I traded tapes with back then used The Lugar on his match listings forever. I always got a kick out of that.

14 minutes ago, ka-to said:

He was The Lugar for the first few weeks in Florida, soon changed to Lex Luger. Someone that I traded tapes with back then used The Lugar on his match listings forever. I always got a kick out of that.

Yeah, once I was able to order some older magazines, I saw the Lugar spelling and that was a typo that got past the editor. Later found out that was not the case.

2 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Sounding awfully close to ranting about Tay sitting on Sammy's lap, and various Britt Baker-ings. Be careful dude, you're blowing your cover lol.

really dude? Fuck off, like I said mods can check my IP. I was never banned from this site.  Have you not seen why Sasha is trending right now? Have you not seen the people complaining about spending $130 for a pic and being 10 ft away?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Stefanie the Human said:

We're still in a pandemic but okay.

so don't agree to take pics with fans maybe??  Or I dunno maybe wear a mask?  I wasn't there but for $130 you should at least be close to the person in the picture

• Haha 1

Spoiler

Spoilered for size, but I will say Sasha wasn't the only person doing this according to twitter. That must mean her and Danhausen have a good rapport since he got to be right next to her though.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoilered for size, but I will say Sasha wasn't the only person doing this according to twitter. That must mean her and Danhausen have a good rapport since he got to be right next to her though.

Sasha seemingly posed with female fans fine so it really does seem like a case of creepy male fans likely ruining it for the others.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

Rakim, Ghostface, Andre, Busta.

This might change tomorrow.

Probably 20 years ago there was a March Madness in the music folder for best MC of all time and the final 2 were Rakim and Ghostface.

For southern rap, give me Bun B.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

really dude? Fuck off, like I said mods can check my IP. I was never banned from this site.  Have you not seen why Sasha is trending right now? Have you not seen the people complaining about spending $130 for a pic and being 10 ft away?

Or maybe dudes can try showering regularly and not being creepy.

No one is making these dudes spend money on a picture. If they don't like the rule, they can not spend the money. Imagine complaining about spending over a hundred bucks on a picture and not being able to stand next to the person you're in the picture with, but paying it anyway because you're so thirsty. Pathetic. 

• Like 7