Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Ric Flair’s Last Match Post Show Discussion


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, twiztor said:

that's weird, Flair isn't really known for his no-selling. ?

but seriously, can you imagine if he would have had a "serious" medical condition come up (yeah, i know, passing out randomly would be pretty serious if it happened to me too)

Ric Flair, my dude, you passed out twice during the match. You're in your mid 70s. You looked like fucking death out there. Give it up, brother.

It takes a special kind of cognitive dissonance to go out there at 73, shit the bed, and your conclusion is not "yeah, I'm too old to be doing this; that was a bad idea," but instead "I can do better!  I need to try again."

 

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

It takes a special kind of cognitive dissonance to go out there at 73, shit the bed, and your conclusion is not "yeah, I'm too old to be doing this; that was a bad idea," but instead "I can do better!  I need to try again."

 

and by do better, he's thinking sell more tickets and PPV buys.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

Looks like the spin-off will be known as Southwest Championship Wrestling. No Ric Flair.

TULLY'S LAST MATCH!

Conrad going to work his way down that Crockett ladder, with diminishing returns, until we get the rousing finale of the storied career of Snake Brown.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love Conrad’s insistence that he’s just a fan and not a wrestling promoter when ol boy just oozes copious amounts of wrestling promoter energy.

We are absolutely two years away from the Chili Sleep Ad Free Wrestling World Championship, presented by Paint Your Life.com

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

I love Conrad’s insistence that he’s just a fan and not a wrestling promoter when ol boy just oozes copious amounts of wrestling promoter energy.

We are absolutely two years away from the Chili Sleep Ad Free Wrestling World Championship, presented by Paint Your Life.com

Given that Conrad likes his vacation time and already has an extremely busy schedule, he might do it seasonally and then hand off the reins to Paul Bromwell like he does his podcasts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Conrad going to work his way down that Crockett ladder, with diminishing returns, until we get the rousing finale of the storied career of Snake Brown.

That might take some work, Snake Brown died in 2019.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, For Great Justice said:

I love Conrad’s insistence that he’s just a fan and not a wrestling promoter when ol boy just oozes copious amounts of wrestling promoter energy.

We are absolutely two years away from the Chili Sleep Ad Free Wrestling World Championship, presented by Paint Your Life.com

He’s also an obese, pale white, petrified red potato nose looking sewer rat. He’s got the look down. I liked the guy for a long time, especially when he took Eric Bischoff to task on certain things but I’ve had enough of him tbh. 
 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/5/2022 at 3:58 PM, odessasteps said:

As I said the other day, I can definitely see Hogan wanting to copy this idea. 

Hogan was waiting to see how much Flair made just so he can throw his last match out there to double it. Hogan Vs Brother Bruti live from Tampa brother.  Brooke would be front row with the Nasty Boys and Duggan if healthy. The only difference would be the undercard would be full of squash matches as Hulk wouldn't want to be upstaged by anyone.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

Hogan was waiting to see how much Flair made just so he can throw his last match out there to double it. Hogan Vs Brother Bruti live from Tampa brother.  Brooke would be front row with the Nasty Boys and Duggan if healthy. The only difference would be the undercard would be full of squash matches as Hulk wouldn't want to be upstaged by anyone.

good choices, at least they are white!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The sad thing is you know damn well Virgil would love to do it just for the $$$ and the rub but Hogan wouldn't even realize how much it would help him to have him there.  Same can be said with Stevie Ray.  People joked about Ric Flair's Roast being all white, Hogan's last match would be just as bad.  Powder himself will probably be there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just read most of the review of the Ric Flair roast and it sounded epic tbh. The ones I’ve previously checked out fell way flat. The sharpest mic skills rassler isn’t sharp enough to come up with some of the burns they do in a real live roast but they did so here.
 

Also they probably agree beforehand to leave certain things out. That’s why a Hogan roast would suck, even though the material is there for the GOAT roast that I would pay $100 to watch right now. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2022 at 5:47 PM, Stefanie the Human said:

That might take some work, Snake Brown died in 2019.

Didn't know that. I actually liked Snake Brown as I thought he was a pretty entertaining "preliminary talent" as I used to call them back in the day (from the Apter mags). I remember there's a really fun squash match he and Sting had.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...