DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Football 2K22

Kevin Wilson

• 3 weeks later...

I just discovered that Yahoo fucked Jae over a couple of weeks ago (and how I am still in the playoff hunt)

Per the recap

"Youth of the Beast (Jae) hand TheChampIsNotHere (Rippa) third consecutive loss in 116.78-116.20 thriller"

However - the score is now listed as 117.20 (Rippa) - 116.78 (Jae) and I have a win

I sure there is a way to figure out stat corrections but I can't find it to see what swung in my favor

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I just discovered that Yahoo fucked Jae over a couple of weeks ago (and how I am still in the playoff hunt)

Per the recap

"Youth of the Beast (Jae) hand TheChampIsNotHere (Rippa) third consecutive loss in 116.78-116.20 thriller"

However - the score is now listed as 117.20 (Rippa) - 116.78 (Jae) and I have a win

I sure there is a way to figure out stat corrections but I can't find it to see what swung in my favor

Its almost always a defensive player adjustment. In your case, this was the stat adjustment that gave you the extra point:ย Jordyn Brooks Sea - LB Tack Ast +1

10 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Does Jae not realize that N. Hines and N. Harris are two different players?ย 

I think the answer is he hasn't checked his team since Thanksgiving and forgot the Bills played on Thursday night

Also - Harris is probably not gonna play this week

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I think the answer is he hasn't checked his team since Thanksgiving and forgot the Bills played on Thursday night

Also - Harris is probably not gonna play this week

To be fair, there was never a good time to play Hines. I should probably check on him and make sure he's ok.

It is quite annoying. But this is really the first year I think ever that the drama is pretty limited going into the final week. Realistically, only John in 7th can sneak into the playoffs, but he'd need to win and have either JR lose, or Phil lose plus make up 30+ points in points scored. Normally we have a four way tie or something silly going into the last week, just the way things fell this year.

On 12/6/2022 at 8:10 AM, Kevin Wilson said:

It is quite annoying. But this is really the first year I think ever that the drama is pretty limited going into the final week. Realistically, only John in 7th can sneak into the playoffs, but he'd need to win and have either JR lose, or Phil lose plus make up 30+ points in points scored. Normally we have a four way tie or something silly going into the last week, just the way things fell this year.

Too bad I'm not in the other division.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Curious if your championship was affected. In my league, one team was up 22 points with Gabriel Davis playing, the losing team had Diggs, Higgins, and Knox playing.

NFL.com declared the leading team winner and we are currently debating on what to do. Leave it as is, or keep him the winner but adjust the winner's share to give the other team a larger share, or declare them co-champs and split the pot.

4 minutes ago, elizium said:

Curious if your championship was affected. In my league, one team was up 22 points with Gabriel Davis playing, the losing team had Diggs, Higgins, and Knox playing.

Sorta

The final is currently a 32 point difference with the losing team having Burrow at QB - so technically there was a chance

@Kevin Wilsonย was declared the winner by Yahoo but he also hasn't said what the final decision was regarding payout.

(I have heard of a lot of leagues just splitting the final pot - the amount somewhat depending on how big the margin was. So some might do 50/50 others might do 60/40, 70/30 etc...)

8 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

I saw it since it showed up in an email.ย 

I think some people have old emails in their accounts, or it goes to spam, or they just ignore it haha I just didn't post it here since I think only... four or five people in the league are actually active here.

On 12/2/2022 at 9:38 AM, Kevin Wilson said:

To be fair, there was never a good time to play Hines. I should probably check on him and make sure he's ok.

Embarrassingly I would tell myself "Oh you need to dump that guy when you get home." And I'd forget, and he'd play a goddamn Thursday game or something.

This season was not my best.

6 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I think some people have old emails in their accounts, or it goes to spam, or they just ignore it haha I just didn't post it here since I think only... four or five people in the league are actually active here.

I checked the box when changing my team name on yahoo so it would email me when anyone posts on the message board. The downside to that was in another league where I did the same thing one guy posted 25 or 30 times on the message board being a real tool about the situation.ย 

Edited by Hail Sabin

Wait, Kevin won the league again? I'm shocked. SHOCKED ๐Ÿ™‚

EDIT: It appears emojis are broken for me. It won't even post a simple smiley face.

Edited by Craig H

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

Wait, Kevin won the league again? I'm shocked. SHOCKED ๐Ÿ™‚

EDIT: It appears emojis are broken for me. It won't even post a simple smiley face.

It infuriates my brother as he thinks FFL is 90% luck and yet year after year I am in the Finals. Really my main motivation to do well each year is to piss him off.