DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Football 2K22

Kevin Wilson

Since the paid league auto-renewed, figured I'd go ahead and boot this up. This thread is for all Fantasy Football talk, not just for the Official DVDVR Paid League, so if anyone else wants to jump in to make new leagues or discuss general strategies, feel free!

For the paid league, dues are due by September 1st, I posted a message in the forum there with more details. The league auto-renewed, if you are no longer interested in playing just let me know and we'll hunt for a replacement. Or kick someone else and play with ten. No automatic COVID testing this year, so we'll see if things are a bit more stable!

I think with everything my wife is going through, not to mention how little time I had with the newborn last year, that I probably should bow out this season. I hope to return the season after that.

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

I think with everything my wife is going through, not to mention how little time I had with the newborn last year, that I probably should bow out this season. I hope to return the season after that.

Understandable, anyone else from DVDVR want in that has $25 to lose and can be active each week?

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, JLowe said:

What are the terms?

First born child and two goat sacrifices.

The pay league is $25 to join, winner gets $225, second place gets $50, and consolation bracket winner gets their money back (I have found having a prize for the consolation bracket keeps players engaged longer and having more fun, which is the goal anyway). Line-up is pretty standard but with 1 QB, two flex, no TE (TE in flex), one IDP. No waiver rules (budget), no "no cut" list. Only rule is staying active and doing weekly maintenance of line-up, don't have to be good. Draft is Sept 6th.

13 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Id be more than willing to try once more. . . 

Sadly you are still in the league ?, did everyone not get automatic emails this year. Anyway should be the same login and stuff you used last year since it auto-renewed.

10 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Sadly you are still in the league ?, did everyone not get automatic emails this year. Anyway should be the same login and stuff you used last year since it auto-renewed.

I got the email from Yahoo saying it was auto-renewed but if someone turned off reminders or they are using an email address they don't check, they might have missed it

46 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

First born child and two goat sacrifices.

The pay league is $25 to join, winner gets $225, second place gets $50, and consolation bracket winner gets their money back (I have found having a prize for the consolation bracket keeps players engaged longer and having more fun, which is the goal anyway). Line-up is pretty standard but with 1 QB, two flex, no TE (TE in flex), one IDP. No waiver rules (budget), no "no cut" list. Only rule is staying active and doing weekly maintenance of line-up, don't have to be good. Draft is Sept 6th.

If you need someone to keep it at 12, I can do it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I found it. . . .You guys gonna laugh when I take Josh Allen in the first round again? 

• 1 month later...

Hey y'all I got a fantasy question.

I have Herbert as my QB and I want to make a backup plan in case he isn't able to go next week. I do not have a 2nd QB on my roster.

Options include:

Tannehill vs LV

Trubisky @ Cle

Matty Ice vs KC

Jameis @ Car

Geno vs Atl

Mac vs Bal

Flacco vs Cin

Goff @ Min

Tua vs Buf

Jones vs Dal

Lawrence @ LAC

Baker vs NO

Mills @ Chi

Brisset vs Pgh

None of those are very appealing, I'm leaning Tannehill. I had originally drafted Tua as a backup, but dropped him to pick up Jeff Wilson, I hate that Buffalo matchup regardless

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I don't think since the Dak Incident of 2021 that I've seen six people put in waiver bids for a player. And two $100 bids to boot.

I was the failed $100 bid and now I still have stupid Kenyan Drake

On 10/26/2022 at 10:38 AM, RIPPA said:

I was the failed $100 bid and now I still have stupid Kenyan Drake

And then he gets 2 TDs in a game where he was supposed to be dropped.

I was also unaware of the whole bidding for free agents things which might explain why i never get anyone good on waivers

Just now, JLowe said:

And then he gets 2 TDs in a game where he was supposed to be dropped.

I was also unaware of the whole bidding for free agents things which might explain why i never get anyone good on waivers

Money only comes into play if multiple people put in a waiver for the same person, I've "won" a waiver pickup with $0 before. Note that if you put in money, no matter what if you win the claim you have to pay that amount. So if you put in $90 and no one else puts in anything, you still have to pay the $90. Spices things up a bit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Money only comes into play if multiple people put in a waiver for the same person, I've "won" a waiver pickup with $0 before. Note that if you put in money, no matter what if you win the claim you have to pay that amount. So if you put in $90 and no one else puts in anything, you still have to pay the $90. Spices things up a bit.

Thanks for the explanation I missed that reading the league basics.

• 2 weeks later...